Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 20 minutes – Total time: 30 minutes – Servings: 4
You’ll love this 20 Minute Smoked Sausage and Potato Skillet because it is an easy weeknight meal sizzled in one single pan. This recipe is not only delicious and easy to make, this simple dinner can all be made in one pan and is loaded with flavor.
The best part of it? It only takes 10 minutes to make!
The combination between baby potatoes, smoked sausage, and sautéd vegetables is tasty and filling. In this recipe, the baby potatoes are quickly sautéed with savory sausage and sweet bell peppers for a spicy touch.
Everything in this smoked sausage and potato skillet recipe is cooked in one pan! Make sure to pair this dinner with a fresh side salad!
Tips to Make the Best Smoked Sausage and Potato Skillet:
Tip 1. If you prefer, you can substitute olive oil with butter or ghee.
Tip 2. You can also substitute chicken stock with beef stock or vegetable stock if you prefer.
Tip 3. We recommend using Sriracha hot sauce but you can also use your preferred one.
Tip 4. For better results, use a cast-iron skillet.
Tip 5. The smaller your baby potatoes are, the quicker this will go.
Tip 6. Use whatever sausage you like best and if it’s not smoked, you better cook it first and then set it aside on a separate plate while preparing the rest of the dish.
Ingredients for 20 Minute Smoked Sausage and Potato Skillet:
1 1/2 pound (650g) small baby potatoes, quartered
1 onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 package smoked sausage
4 tbsp olive oil (or butter, or ghee)
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp red chilli pepper flakes, or to taste
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 c (60ml) low-sodium chicken stock (or beef, vegetable…)
1 tsp hot sauce of your choice (we used Sriracha)
Salt and fresh cracked pepper
Chopped parsley, for garnish
Grated Parmesan, optional
What do you need to make 20 Minute Smoked Sausage and Potato Skillet:
How to make 20 Minute Smoked Sausage and Potato Skillet:
Step 1: Place a large cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
Step 2: Add 3 tablespoons of oil and allow it to become hot.
Step 3: Add the baby potatoes, salt, and pepper. Sauté the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Step 4: Remove the potatoes from the skillet to a clean plate.
Step 5: Add the rest of the oil into the same skillet, then allow it to become hot.
Step 6: Add the sliced smoked sausage and cook for 5 minutes or until brown.
Step 7: Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Sauté until translucent and aromatic.
Step 8: Sprinkle Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste.
Step 9: Cook the sausage for another 2 minutes or until done.
Step 10: Add 1/4 cup of stock. Stir and scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
Step 11: Add the hot sauce and stir until well combined.
Step 12: Add the cooled potatoes and toss until well coated with the meat mixture.
Step 13: Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and a generous amount of Parmesan cheese on top.
Serve and enjoy!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 1/2 pound (650g) small baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 package smoked sausage
- 4 tbsp olive oil (or butter, or ghee)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red chilli pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 c (60ml) low-sodium chicken stock (or beef, vegetable…)
- 1 tsp hot sauce of your choice (we used Sriracha)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan, optional
- Place a large cast-iron skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- After 3 minutes, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
- Add the quartered baby potatoes to the skillet along with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté the baby potatoes for 10 minutes.
- When the baby potatoes turn golden brown, remove it from the skillet to a clean plate and set them aside.
- Add the other 1 tablespoon of oil to the same skillet and then allow it to become hot.
- Once the oil is hot, add the sliced smoked sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the sausage is brown, add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Sauté until you get a translucent texture.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over along with the red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add to the same skillet 1/4 cup of chicken stock and stir. Make sure to scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
- Then, add the hot sauce and stir until well combined.
- Add the cooled potatoes to the skillet and toss until well combined with the meat
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top and add a generous amount of Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 365mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Check some of my best recipes below: