Muffins are an incredible way to start the day! These Banana Nutella Muffins are awesome and will keep you satisfied. They are soft, moist, chocolatey, and highly addictive.
These alluring banana muffins will summon you to eat one as soon as you smell the aroma of freshly baked muffins.
Banana Nutella Muffins
Banana muffins sound a million times more delicious when you swirl a dollop of Nutella into them. Don’t you think? In fact, adding Nutella to anything makes it more delicious. Ok, well, maybe not everything, but definitely baked goodies. 😀 These moist muffins have a deep banana flavor, crunchy hazelnuts, and a hefty dose of hazelnut spread, making them irresistible. Serve warm with extra Nutella smeared on them instead of butter, trust me on this one! 😉
These attractive muffins will make you feel almost blissful when you bite into them. The chocolate Nutella filling is fit for a king, and I can’t wait for you to try it. Make these muffins for an easy on the go breakfast or even an easy snack.
For back to school season, we always try to make a plan for preparing breakfast ahead of time. These muffins are still the first thing everyone wants. So, we will often make up a few batches and freeze them, so we have them for a few months. They are so handy for car rides or days when you want something quick.
How Can I Ripen Bananas Fast?
We have all been there a time or two when we want to make a recipe with bananas, and all you have is unripened ones! It can be frustrating, so I have figured out some great ways to ripen bananas faster. The reason why you need the bananas to be ripe is because they are MUCH sweeter and the texture is more conducive for baking. When they are over-ripe like you need for these banana muffins, then they are perfect.
You can bake the bananas in the oven at 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Then check on them and see if they have softened. If so, they are ready to be used. If not, repeat the process until they are the texture you want. Don’t worry if the peels turn black, this is normal and supposed to happen. It’s best to let the bananas sit for 10 minutes or so after you remove them from the oven. You don’t want to work with them when they are too hot to handle.
Additionally, heating bananas in the microwave is a sure-fire way to ripen them quickly. Don’t forget to poke holes in the banana peel and put them on a plate. Warm them for 20-30 seconds and check the bananas. Once they are soft and seem like you could mash them easily, then they are ready to use. Again, you should let them cool off for a few minutes.
How do I Keep My Muffins Moist?
Thankfully, these banana Nutella muffins are incredibly moist already. In most cases, they don’t dry out quickly and will last a lot longer if you keep them stored appropriately. Use plastic ziplock bags along with some paper towels to store the muffins. Another option is to keep the banana muffins in another airtight container.
It’s vital that the muffins are never stored near heat or steam. If they are, then they will either become soggy or dried out. Either way, not very delicious when that happens!
As you will see, these divine banana Nutella muffins don’t take a lot of ingredients. The toasted hazelnuts and oozing Nutella are so delectable even if it took tons of ingredients they would be worth making.
- Unbleached all-purpose flour
- White granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- Table salt
- Very ripe bananas, soft, darkly speckled, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Plain yogurt
- Large eggs, beaten lightly
- Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Vanilla extract
- Toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
How to Make Banana Nutella Muffins
I am pretty confident that you won’t’ find a more enjoyable banana muffin recipe! Plus, it makes the best finger food for all occasions. Take a look at these easy four steps so you can head to the kitchen and whip up some of these muffins!
First Step: Warm up the oven to 350 degrees. Add 12 muffin liners to the muffin cups in your pan or spray each of them with nonstick cooking spray.
Second Step: Mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
Third Step: Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl. Gently fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula and only mix until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky. Mix in the hazelnuts.
Fourth Step: Use a large cookie scoop or measuring cup to divide the batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Next, add one teaspoon of Nutella on top of each of the muffins. Use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter. Bake the banana muffins they are until golden and toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Usually, it takes around 20 to 24 minutes. Let the muffins cool for a couple of minutes and serve warm!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, soft, darkly speckled, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon. Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky. Fold in hazelnuts.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Place 1 teaspoon of Nutella on top of each muffin. Swirl with a toothpick. Bake until golden and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and serve
Source: adapted from Orange Spice Banana Bread
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Muffins are so delightful to have around. Make them for brunch, or any other occasion you want.
- Meyer Lemon Strawberry Muffins – The gentle flavor of the lemons and strawberry is perfect harmony. These are just like what grandma used to make. We make these year-round because they are so good.
- French Toast Muffins – Raise your hand if you are a huge fan of french toast! I know I am, and making them into muffins is much easier than traditional french toast recipes.
- Double Chocolate Cherry Muffins – The combination of chocolate and cherry is so rich and fabulous. It only takes one bite, and you’ll be in love.
- Maple Syrup Pancake Muffins – I often dream of these beautiful muffins at night. I have been a fan of these home-style muffins forever! Yummy!