Looking for a sausage bake recipe that is filling and healthy. Wait until you taste this. This baked Italian sausage casserole is easy to make, only has a few ingredients and is so good, you will make it over and over.
Delicious and Easy Cheesy Italian Sausage Bake with Peppers
Can I Freeze this Sausage and Pepper Bake For Later?
What cheese goes best with baked Italian sausage?
When you are making this baked Italian sausage, there is not one best cheese. I am using a combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese in this bake. You can change it up to whatever cheese you like and even try a few different varieties to has a twist to the recipe. You want a cheese that melts well and there are many different types of cheese that will work with this Italian sausage.
Can I use mini peppers in this sausage bake?
When making this sausage bake, you can use whatever types of peppers you like. You can certainly use mini peppers in this bake. You can use the peppers whole, as you can eat the seeds and all of these little peppers. I would recommend removing the stems because these are not edible. You can also, remove the stems, the ribs, and the seeds. Dice the peppers or just cut them in half. It is a preference in how you like these peppers.
Variations to Sausage and Peppers
There are a few ways to change this recipe up.
- Sauage: While this recipe is using a basic Italian sausage, you can use hot sausage or any flavor of sausage you like. It will all work together with these flavors. You can even use ground sausage.
- Pepper: You can use any type of peppers you like as well. While I mentioned the mini peppers above, you can also use hot peppers, roasted peppers, frozen diced pepper, or any other pepper you would like to use.
Ingredients for sausage and peppers in the oven
- Italian sausages
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- cheddar cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to cook Italian sausage in the oven with peppers
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Cut the Italian sausages into bite sized pieces, and place them into a well greased baking dish.
Roughly chop the bell peppers into bite sized pieces and place them in the baking dish as well.
Pour 1 tbsp of oil over the mixture in the baking dish, and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat well.
Top the mixture with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is browned and the sausage is cooked through.
More Delicious Dinner Ideas
If you want more delicious dinner ideas that are simple to make, look no farther. you will love these recipes. These are more great recipes that are family friendly and easy to make.
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak – If you love Philly Cheesecake, you are going to love this slow cooker version. Tender and delicious, this is an easy dinner thanks to the slow cooker.
- Garlic Herb Potatoes and Steak Skillet – If you are looking for an easy dinner, skillet meals are simple to make and have great flavor. Make this garlic herb potatoes and steak skillet to make a simple dinner that is a family favorite.
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – Garlic parmesan wings are great for dinner, parties or game day. Don’t stress over making them. Enjoy these wings, fresh from the Instant Pot, to make a delicious and easy dinner.
- Garlic Butter Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles Recipe – If you love meatballs and following a low carb diet, you need this recipe. easy meatballs with lemon zoodles is perfect no matter what healthy eating plan you are following.
- Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with Roasted Vegetables – Fish is so good for you and many people don’t know how to make it. With this recipe, it is so easy to make lemon pepper salmon. One bite and even those who do not like fish will love this recipe.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 10 Mild Italian sausages
- 1 Red bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 Yellow bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 c Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the Italian sausages into bite sized pieces, and place them into a well greased baking dish.
- Roughly chop the bell peppers into bite sized pieces and place them in the baking dish as well.
- Pour 1 tbsp of oil over the mixture in the baking dish, and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat well.
- Top the mixture with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is browned and the sausage is cooked through.
Make sure you check our best recipes below:
Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake – It’s a hit with kids and adults alike and, bonus, it’s so easy to make!
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars Recipe – This cheesecake recipe goes father when cutting into bars.
Homemade Cream Cheese Biscuits Recipe – The best biscuit recipe you will ever need
Triple Chocolate Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe – Creamy and rich with a strong chocolate flavor!
Homemade Fried Mozzarella Sticks Recipe – homemade mozzarella sticks have a perfectly crispy batter that is beyond delicious.