The Perfect Cherry Crumble Bars Recipe
Variations on Cherry Pie Bars
- Coconut – This is a simple way to give the bars a new taste. Coconut and cherries go terrific together.
- Pineapple – You can also add pineapple to this recipe. Used the crushed pineapple to a new layer of flavor to the bars. You can get really creative and add coconut and pineapple to the cheery bars.
- Chocolate Chips – You can add chocolate chips to these bars as well. Use mini chocolate chips for a better texture than the regular sized chips.
Can I Make these Cherry Oatmeal Bars Gluten Free?
How to Store These Cherry Bars
Once the bars have cooled, you can store them on the table or in the refrigerator. The important part of storing these bars is to make sure they are protected from the air. If you are storing the bars in the baking dish, it is important to put a lid on or wrap it with plastic. The other way to store the bars is to move them to an airtight container. This will protect the bars from going stale. The bars will last about 3 to 5 days when stored on the counter and a week when stored in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for cherry crumb bars
- baking powder
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- pure vanilla extract
- almond extract
- old fashioned rolled oats
- cherry pie filling
How to make cherry crumble bars
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
In medium bowl whisk sugar, baking powder and flour.
Cut in butter with a fork or your fingers until mixture is crumbly.
In small bowl whisk together egg, vanilla and almond extract.
Slowly stir egg mixture into flour/butter mixture.
Remove 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture to another bowl.
Stir in oats and set aside.
Press crumb mixture (without oats) gently into bottom of baking dish.
Top with cherry pie filling.
Then with crumb mixture with oats.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until lightly browned.
Allow to cool completely before cutting and enjoying
More dessert bar recipes
It is no secret how much I love dessert bars. If you like them too, you are going to love these recipes. Tons of flavor and easy to make, you need to try these recipes.
- Apple Crumble Bars – If you want an apple dessert recipe that is super quick and simple to make, this is the dessert bar for you. With a combination of sweet and tart, it doesn’t get easier or tastier than these apple crumble bars.
- Best Peach Cobbler Crumble Bars – This is the Best Peach Cobbler Crumble Bars recipe you will ever need. Tasty and easy to make, this peach crumble makes an amazing dessert.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe – Moist and delicious these pumpkin chocolate chip bars are the best thing you will evert taste. I don’t think there is anything better than pumpkin and chocolate chips together. This is a match made in food heaven.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe – These fantastic pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect for any dessert bar lover. Utterly delicious, this will be perfect for those pumpkin season cravings.
- Carrot-Zucchini Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – If you love zucchini desserts and want something other than regular zucchini bread, you need to try these bars. Carrot and Zucchini come together with some heat to make spicy Carrot Zucchini Bars that are covered in cream cheese frosting.
If you love crumble bars you are going to love these Cherry Crumble Bars. Rich and Delicious, these cherry oatmeal bars are so good. Make these cherry pie bars for friends and family, for picnics and get together or for bake sales.
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 1/2 C flour
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tap almond extract
- 2/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk sugar, baking powder and flour.
- Cut in butter with a fork or your fingers until mixture is crumbly.
- In small bowl whisk together egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Slowly stir egg mixture into flour/butter mixture.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture to another bowl.
- Stir in oats and set aside.
- Press crumb mixture (without oats) gently into bottom of baking dish.
- Top with cherry pie filling, then with crumb mixture with oats.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and enjoying
Now, save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂