This moist, delicious, and easy to make pumpkin chocolate chip bars recipe is one of the best things you will ever taste. Is there seriously anything better than combining pumpkin and chocolate? No way! They are a match made in food heaven, and I know I can never get enough of their amazing flavors together.
I think you have already figured out that I am a huge pumpkin fanatic. The first morning I wake up, and there is a cool fall breeze, I immediately want to start making pumpkin everything! I get so excited about fall because you know you are going to have lots of football tailgate parties, get-togethers, and tons of good food. So, I am all about whipping up a batch of this pumpkin spice chocolate chip bar recipe for all of those events.
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
These chocolate chip pumpkin bars aren’t just decadent and divine; they are effortless to make too. They are practically effortless, impress a crowd, and smell like fall! What could be better than that? Here are the quick & simple directions for you:
First Step: You will need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Second Step: Prepare the baking pan by lining it with parchment paper. Then spray a little bit of cooking spray and set aside.
Third Step: Mix together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt with a whisk in a large mixing bowl. Set aside for later use.
Fourth Step: Cream together the butter and sugar with a standing or handheld mixer until the texture is light and fluffy.
Fifth Step: Beat the egg and vanilla together until they are combined.
Sixth Step: Carefully add in the pumpkin puree and beat until it’s well combined.
Seventh Step: Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined. The best way is to add a little bit stir that, then add a bit more until it’s all incorporated.
Eighth Step: Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and mix.
Ninth Step: Pour the batter into the baking dish — Bake for 30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
Tenth Step: After you remove the pumpkin bars with chocolate from the oven, allow to cool completely.
Then cut into squares and enjoy!
Easy Pumpkin Bar Recipe Variations
This is one of my go-to pumpkin chocolate desserts because I can use it as a base and do so many things with it. Add in a little bit of this or that, and it’s a whole new treat. These are some of my favorite twists on this recipe:
- White Chocolate – Whether you use both semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate together, or just use white, you are going to love the new element of flavor it adds to the cookie bars. Delicious!
- Raisins – Pumpkin just goes well with raisins, plain and simple! Toss in a few and the texture will be wonderful. Not to mention how great they will taste too.
- Nutella – Drizzle some Nutella over the top of the cooked pumpkin bars with chocolate. I like to melt it for 10-15 seconds, so it’s a little runny before drizzling. YUMMY!
- Coconut – I love the texture and flavor of coconut. Adding some shredded coconut pieces is fun, flavorful and adds depth to the pumpkin dessert. Give it a try.
- Cinnamon Chips – One thing that always stands out in pumpkin recipes is the spiciness it has. Add even more spice by using cinnamon chips. You will be in taste bud heaven!
- Skip The Extras – You can make this easy pumpkin bar recipe without any chocolate chips. Then top with a cream cheese icing.
- Craisins – They are sweet and go fantastic with pumpkin, so it makes sense to add in a few to this recipe. Either leave the chocolate or omit it altogether.
- Nuts – Whether you are pecan, walnut or almond fan, feel free to add them in. My favorite is pecans, but any of them is a great choice.
- Caramel – Sometimes, when I am in the mood for lots of sweetness, I will drizzle a little bit of melted caramel sauce across the top. It’s one of the best things I have eaten!
Can I Make These Pumpkin Bars Into Muffins?
Yes, you can make turn this recipe into muffins instead of cookie bars if you want to. Either spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with baking liners. Then fill each cupcake 2/3 full and bake. You will need to cut back the baking time to more like 15 minutes instead of 30. They will taste just as great and will be moist too.
How To Store Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Bars
You should store the cookies in an airtight container. You can either cut them up and store them individually or leave them together and cut as needed. They are best when wrapped with plastic wrap then placed in a storage container. This pumpkin dessert will last around 3-4 days on the counter. It’s not necessary to refrigerate them, but you can if that is how you prefer them to be. You could even warm them in the microwave for 10 seconds or so before serving if you want them hot instead.
Inspect the pumpkin bars to make sure they are still good before eating. They shouldn’t be dried out or mushy. Another sign they have started spoiling is mold. Toss them if you notice anything that doesn’t seem right.
Note: If you do decide to put a cream cheese-based glaze or frosting on these bars, make sure to refrigerate them to keep them from going bad.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Cookie Bars?
Yes, you can freeze these pumpkin chocolate chip bars. Cut them into individual servings and wrap each one with plastic wrap. Add them to a freezer bag or storage container of your choice. If you would rather freeze the entire pumpkin bar instead of cutting them, that is fine too. Just make sure it’s airtight, so they do not get freezer burned. They will last 1-2 months in the freezer. When you are ready to serve, you can place them on the counter or in the fridge until they have defrosted.
Now, remember to pin this recipe for later 🙂
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe are a light, moist, and tender bar recipe filled with pumpkin spice and chocolate chips.
- 2 C flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a brownie baking dish with parchment paper and spay with pam spray, set aside
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until combined
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and beat until combined
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Spread batter into your brownie baking dish and place into the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before cutting it and enjoying!
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bars, chocolate chip pumpkin bars, pumpkin chocolate chip bars
Even More Pumpkin Recipes To Test Out
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts – They are so tasty and much easier to make than you may think! No frying required!
- Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcake – These pumpkin caramel latte cupcakes combine two of fall’s most popular flavors and taste phenomenal.
- Spiced Pumpkin Homemade Dinner Rolls – These spiced pumpkin homemade dinner rolls are a seasonal spin on the classic dinner roll.
- Layered Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe – With an oatmeal base topped with a pumpkin pie layer, these bars take pumpkin pie to a new level
- Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Crumb Topping – This is an amazing coffee cake recipe that is perfect for fall and the holiday season.