Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for a peanut butter and jelly bars recipe? This one is tasty and delicious and will blow you away. Very easy to make, these are great for a special breakfast or dessert.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars Recipe
Peanut butter and jelly bars take all the flavors of the classic sandwich and make it into a great tasting dessert. These bars are so good and are always a hit. Make them for get togethers, parties or for brunch.
These bars are also perfect for adding something sweet to your child’s lunch. Kids love peanut butter and jelly which means that they will love these peanut butter bars. Your family will be asking for them, over and over again.
Can I Use a Different Jelly in this Peanut Butter Jelly Bars Recipe?
This recipe calls for strawberry jam, but you can use any flavor of jam you like. It can be any flavor of jam you want. You can also use whatever type of jelly you like as well. Marmalade, like orange or other flavors, will work too.
Can These be Made with Other Nut Butters?
If you avoid peanut butter because you don’t like it or have allergies, you can use other types of butters instead. You can use almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower butter. Whatever type of nut butter you like you can use.
How to Store These bars
Once you have made these bars, you want to make sure to store them correctly so that the bars stay fresh the longest that they can. You want to store these bars at room temperature. Keep them in an airtight container or in a freezer bag.
Can These PB&J Bars be Frozen
If you have extra peanut butter and jelly bars that you will not be able to eat before they go bad, you can move the bars to the freezer. After cutting the bars, you can wrap each one individually in plastic wrap. Once they are wrapped put them inside of a freezer bag. This way the PB&J bars can be brought out as you are ready for them.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- Unsalted sweet cream butter
- Pure vanilla extract
- Creamy peanut butter
- Baking powder
- Strawberry Jam
- 9×13 baking dish lined with parchment paper
How to Make peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking dish with parchment paper.
Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluff Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined
Beat in the vanilla
Using a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder
Gradually mix in the dry ingredients with the wet until combined
Using about 2/3 of the dough, evenly spread the dough onto the bottom of the baking dish
Spread the strawberry jam on top of the bottom layer
Crumble remaining dough on top of the jam
Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 or until the top is lightly golden brown
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars and enjoying!
Want Other Bar Desserts?
If you love desserts that are easily cut into bars, you are going to love these other great tasting desserts. Delicious desserts bars that are great to make for at home or for parties.
- Spice Cake Cheesecake Bars Recipe – Wait until you try these Spice Cake Cheesecake Bars. If you are looking for a simple cheesecake bars recipe, this is the one you need. So good and easy to make, these bars make a great tasting fall dessert recipe.
- Layered Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe – If you are looking for a twist on the classic pumpkin pie recipe, these pumpkin pie bars are everything you could want. There is an oatmeal base that is topped with pumpkin pie. These pumpkin pie bars take pumpkin pie to a whole new level.
- Cherry Crumble Bars Recipe -If you love crumble bars you are going to love these Cherry Crumble Bars. Rich and Delicious, these cherry oatmeal bars are so good. Make these cherry pie bars for friends and family, for picnics and get together or for bake sales.
- Easy Apple Crumble Bars – If you are looking for a delicious easy apple crumble bars, this is the one you need. So good and so easy to make these apple pie bars with apple crumble topping is perfect for a fall dessert or anytime you need a simple apple pie bar recipe.
- Carrot-Zucchini Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Looking for a way to use fresh zucchini? You have to try these Carrot-Zucchini Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. Spicy Carrot-Zucchini Bars are covered in cream cheese frosting! An easy and delicious way to use zucchini from your garden.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 C creamy peanut butter
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 C strawberry Jam
- 1 9 x13 baking dish lined with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluff Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined
- Beat in the vanilla
- Using a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients with the wet until combined
- Using about 2/3 of the dough, evenly spread the dough onto the bottom of the baking dish
- Spread the strawberry jam on top of the bottom layer
- Crumble remaining dough on top of the jam
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 or until the top is lightly golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars and enjoying!