Easy Canned Salmon Patties Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Are you looking for an easy dinner that’s packed with both protein and flavor? Look no further than a classic dish of homemade canned salmon patties!
Canned Salmon Patties are a delicious, easy-to-make meal that is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. This recipe is a great way to use up canned salmon, which is a healthy and affordable alternative to fresh fish.
Not only does it come together quickly and require minimal ingredients, but these tasty patties are perfect for lunch or dinner – leaving your taste buds satisfied without leaving your wallet empty.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Canned Salmon Patties Recipe?
- They are an inexpensive and convenient way to get your daily dose of omega-3 fatty acids.
- The canned salmon patties are a great way to get kids to eat their fish, as they are easy to make and tasty.
- The patties are also relatively low in calories, making them a healthy choice for those trying to watch their weight.
- The patties can also be used in sandwiches, burgers, pasta dishes, and more.
- They are perfect for meal prepping and can be enjoyed all week long.
- Canned salmon patties are a great way to add a delicious and nutritious meal to your meal plan.
Canned Salmon Patties Recipe Variations
- For a spicy kick, try adding some chili powder or jalapeño peppers – the possibilities are endless!
- You can also change up the flavors by switching out the canned salmon for other proteins such as canned tuna or chicken. Or, get creative with your binders and use ingredients such as mashed potatoes or quinoa instead of breadcrumbs.
- If you want to keep it simple but still mix things up a bit, switch out traditional condiments like ketchup or mayonnaise for something more interesting like pesto or hummus.
What kind of seasonings are needed to make Canned Salmon Patties?
The seasonings are very simple for this salmon patties recipe. You’ll need some green onions and celery for the flavor. Then garnish with lemon and dill to get the best results. You can add other seasonings if you want.
- Green onions, chopped
- Chopped celery
- Egg, beaten
- Butter, for frying
- Lemon and dill, for garnish
How to make The Best Ever Canned Salmon Patties:
Step 1. Wash, drain, and remove the bones and skin of the salmon.
Step 2. Combine the salmon, bread crumbs, onion, and celery in a large bowl.
Then, add the mayonnaise and the beaten eggs.
Mix the ingredients
Step 3. Make 4 evenly sized patties.
Step 4. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to low.
Step 5. Add in the butter and allow it to melt.
Step 6. Add the salmon and cook both sides at over medium heat until the colour turns golden brown.
Step 7. Once done, remove from the pan.
Step 8. Before serving, sprinkle a small amount of dill seed and a splash of lemon juice.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
The Best Ever Canned Salmon Patties
- 1 14.75 ounces can(s) salmon
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, for frying
- lemon and dill, for garnish
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Wash salmon and drain, make sure to remove the bones and skin.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, onion, bread crumbs, celery, mayonnaise, and beaten egg.
- Divide the mixture into four equal parts and make 4 evenly sized patties.
- Place a large saucepan on the stove over low heat.
- Add butter to the pan and allow it to melt.
- Then, add the salmon patties and cook both sides until golden brown.
- To serve, sprinkle a small amount of dill seed and a splash of lemon juice.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
How long does it take to prepare Canned Salmon Patties?
You’ll need about 10 minutes to prep the canned salmon patties. Then they take an additional 20 minutes to cook. From start to finish, you will spend about 30 minutes, and they are worth every second!
What other proteins can be used instead of canned salmon for Canned Salmon Patties?
Canned chicken or canned tuna are both great options!
How long does it take to cook Canned Salmon Patties?
They cook pretty quickly, and you can have the entire batch ready to serve in about 20 minutes.
How should Canned Salmon Patties be served?
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Sour cream
- Ranch dressing
- Dill sauce
- Tartar sauce
- Honey mustard
- Garlic butter
What are some ideas for accompanying dishes for Canned Salmon Patties?
- French Fries
- Fried green tomatoes
- Cucumber salad
- Lettuce Salad
- Roasted broccoli
- Fresh tomatoes slices
How many servings does the Canned Salmon Patties recipe make?
You’ll get about 4 servings per batch. You can make as many batches as needed.
Are Canned Salmon Patties suitable for freezing?
Yes, it’s easy to freeze salmon patties. Play them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 2 hours. This flash freezes them, so they don’t stick together. Then put them in a sealed freezer bag or container. They will last up to 2 months.
What are some substitutions for Canned Salmon Patties ingredients?
- Swap the salmon for tuna fish or chicken.
- You can use panko bread crumbs or flavored Italian bread crumbs.
- Green onions can be swapped for chives.
- It’s fine to use vegan butter, margarine, or olive oil for frying.
Is there a way to make Canned Salmon Patties ahead of time?
They are best served right after they are fried. You can make and refrigerate them for up to 3 days. Reheat in an air fryer at 375 for 2-5 minutes or until they’re hot.
Are there any tips for keeping Canned Salmon Patties moist?
- Don’t over-fry the salmon patties. Once they’re done, pull them.
- Skip adding a bunch of additional ingredients because it will affect them, and they may become dry.
- Be sure to add all the recommended ingredients to get the perfect result every time.
Is there a way to make Canned Salmon Patties without bread crumbs?
Yes, you can swap the bread crumbs for crushed saltine or buttery crackers. They are both great options.
Check some of my best recipes below:
Southern Fried Salmon Patties – A fun and easy way to enjoy this healthy fish.
Salmon Patties – So simple yet so good!
Salisbury Steak Mushroom Gravy – This homemade version is definitely our favorite.
Parmesan Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe – If you love chicken stuffed peppers, this is the recipe for you.