French Meat Pie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Everyone needs to try this recipe, especially after shoveling icy snow!
This French Meat Pie is the perfect option for you to have a snack, lunch, or breakfast whenever you want. It may seem difficult but it only takes some time and effort to prepare a delicious meal that your family and friends will love!
This pie called also Tourtière is a French Canadian Meat Pie that tastes better than anything you have tried in your life!
Why is this French Meat Pie recipe so delicious?
Preparing small pies has never been easier with this recipe. The flavor is delicious and it is absolutely easy to prepare. The potatoes combined with the meat make a unique flavor with each bite. You will feel the combination of the softness with the crunchiness of the pastry and you’ll be craving for more!
SO GOOD!! Absolutely a hit!!
Tips to Make the French Meat Pie
Tip 1. Do not exceed the cooking time or you’ll burn the pastry.
Tip 2. Once the pastry is cool, it will be much crunchier than before.
Tip 3. Make sure the potatoes are very soft when mashing, otherwise unwanted lumps would remain.
Tip 4. If you prefer, you can make the piecrust yourself.
Tip 5. Cut the onions very small so they integrate well into the mixture.
Tip 6. Always stir meat constantly when cooking, otherwise, it may dry out.
1 lb ground beef
8 ounces ground pork
1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup water
2 large potatoes, peeled, cut into quarters
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
1 double-crust pie crust
How to make French Meat Pie:
Step 1: Mix the beef, onion, pork, and the cup of water in a large bowl.
Step 2: Cook over low heat until the beef and the pork are cooked properly. Stir often.
Step 3: Boil the potatoes in a saucepan with water until soft.
Dain and add to the meat mixture.
Step 4: Add salt, allspice, cloves, and pepper. Mix very well and remove from the heat. Mash the mixture very well.
Step 5: Roll into an 11-inch circle and place on a floured surface. Fill every circle with the meat mixture and cover with the remaining pastry. Seal the edges very well and bake at 450°F/235°C for 20 minutes.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
French Meat Pie
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 ⁄2cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 ⁄2cup water
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cut into quarters
- 1 ⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄4teaspoon allspice
- 1 ⁄4teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 double-crust pie crust
- Mix the beef, the onion, pork and the cup of water in a large bowl.
- Cook over low heat until the beef and the pork are cooked properly. Stir often.
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan with water until soft. Dain and add to the meat mixture.
- Add salt, allspice, cloves and pepper. Mix very well and remove from the heat. Mash the mixture very well.
- Roll into an 11-inch circles and place in a floured surface. Fill every circle with the meat mixture and cover with the remaining pastry. Seal the edges very well and bake at 450°F/235°C for 20 minutes.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
More Pie ideas?