Ranch Chicken Wraps
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Chicken Ranch Wrap is one of the easiest grilled chicken wrap recipes for a delicious and simple lunch any day of the week. I am excited to teach you how to make a chicken ranch wrap with just 4 ingredients! You seriously won’t believe how simple this chicken wrap recipe is!
Lunch is a meal I think most of us overlook. It’s typically eaten at work, which means a basic packed lunch, a quick fast-food lunch, or something overpriced from the cafeteria.
Ranch Chicken Wraps
Or, if you’re a stay at home mom, lunchtime is typically based around nap time and making the kids something quick and straightforward. That is what inspired me to make this grilled chicken wrap because I knew it would be flavorful but wouldn’t take me forever to make. Plus, low maintenance meals are perfect for your really busy lifestyle.
All too often I find myself falling victim to the mac and cheese and hot dog lunch trap, but I’ve been trying to make it a point to be a little more creative or at least make something a little more sophisticated. Whether that means making myself a separate lunch from the kids or, preferably, finding something we all enjoy depends on the day. My go-to lately has been this chicken ranch wrap recipe for lunch.
Chicken and ranch wraps are filling, and you can eat them with your hands. Kids love this, and I’m not going to lie…I do too! It’s just more fun to grab a wrap and eat it then to use silverware. Yes, you may end up with some creamy ranch dressing on you, but that’s half the fun.
Chicken Ranch Wrap
With just four ingredients, this chicken and ranch wrap has become one of my favorite easy wraps. It’s cheesy, delicious, and quick to make, which is precisely what I look for in a lunch recipe. And – my kids love it too, probably because they think ranch dressing belongs to EVERYTHING (seriously…everything. It’s slightly disgusting!) and what kid doesn’t love cheese?
This recipe using grilled chicken breasts, so I actually like to use leftover grilled chicken from dinner, but you can also buy frozen pre-cooked grilled chicken breasts or even grilled chicken breast strips. I like to keep them in the freezer for grilled chicken wrap recipes like this or for adding to a salad. Of course, you could also take the time to grill chicken breasts for this recipe, but I find that I just don’t have the time or ambition to fire up the grill for lunch.
One idea is that if you are already grilling chicken for supper, you can make extra. Cut it into slices or leave it whole and put it in the freezer. Then you have already cooked chicken while saving loads of money! Then making this chicken and ranch wrap will be even easier and won’t break the bank.
That said, there’s no reason why these chicken and ranch wraps don’t need to be exclusive to lunch. You could turn this easy chicken wrap recipe into a full dinner by serving it with a salad.
If you’re looking for easy chicken wrap recipes, give this Chicken Ranch Wrap a shot!
Ranch Chicken Wraps Are Great For All Occasions
Yes, they are super easy for lunch or dinner, but you can serve them for other events too. Barbecues, potlucks, baby showers, wedding showers, weddings, reunions, daycares or even dinner parties they are sure to be a huge hit.
There is no end to the possibilities! If you are planning to make a bunch, you can cut them into 1-inch slices and stick a toothpick through the center. This will keep them perfectly bite-sized for guests and prevent all the yummy food from falling out.
I should warn you that there is a strong chance you won’t have any leftovers when you are serving homemade chicken wraps to a crowd. They will seriously eat them so fast there won’t even be a crumb leftover.
How To Make Chicken Ranch Wraps
Once you make this easy chicken wrap recipe, you are going to want to have it again and again. It’s a great meal because there is no-fuss to it! I’m getting hungry, so we better get started making these flavorful chicken tortilla wraps!
Step 1: Start by dicing grilled chicken into small chunks or slices.
NOTE: You can use precooked grilled chicken that is packaged or grilled chicken you made yourself. It all tastes great!
Step 2: Lay chicken on tortilla, top with cheese and cover with ranch dressing.
Step 3: Wrap it carefully like you would a burrito.
NOTE: If the tortillas seem a little tough, you can toss them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Then they are much easier to roll.
Step 4: Warm a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
Step 5: Carefully grill the chicken breast wraps around 2-minutes, then flip it over and continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
Chicken And Ranch Wrap Variations
As always, I love sharing tips on how you can quickly toss in extra flavors into my recipes. This chicken tortilla wrap isn’t any different. One of the things that make my heart happy is how versatile this chicken wrap recipe is. You can do so much with it!
Here are some of my favorite go-to ideas:
- Serve Cold – While my recipe is intended for a warm chicken ranch wrap, it also tastes terrific cold!
- Lettuce – Whether you want to add some lettuce to the wrap, or turn it into a chicken lettuce wrap, you are in luck! Both ways are fantastic. You will want to serve the grilled chicken wrap cold instead of hot though.
- Veggies – Add any of the vegetables you like! Mushrooms, peppers, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, or anything else that sparks your interest.
- Buffalo Sauce – Put a tablespoon or two of buffalo sauce in the ranch dressing and mix together. Then prepare the wrap as directed. You will have a little bit of spice with this chicken breast wrap.
- Bacon – Everything is bound to taste better with bacon. Either crumple pieces of bacon or add strips to the wrap. So yummy!
- Caesar Dressing – Skip the ranch altogether and replace it with Caesar dressing. It gives you a cool, creamy zip of flavors.
- Tomato – Ranch and tomatoes just go together! I think it is the coolness and the creaminess that makes the perfect marriage of flavors.
- Flavored Wraps – Enjoy any of the flavored wraps you find at the supermarket. There are many to choose from, and they are all divine!
How To Keep Tortillas From Opening When Heating Chicken Wraps
Sometimes making anything with tortillas can be a bear if you don’t know how to keep them closed. It can be super annoying to be cooking and next thing you know there is the insides of your tortilla all over your pan. Here are my tips for keeping the tortilla closed.
- Butter is your friend. Take the smallest amount of butter and paint it along the edge of the tortilla shell. It will help seal it closed and keep it from falling apart.
- Water is another option to seal the wrap. Take the smallest amount of water and brush the edges.
- Always cook the ranch chicken wraps with the seam down. You are less likely to have trouble if you do this.
How Do I Store Leftover Chicken Wraps?
The best way to store leftover chicken wraps is by placing them in the fridge. They will last 2-3 days assuming they have been stored properly. Wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil then place in an airtight container with a lid. When you are ready to serve, you can simply toss them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or eat them cold. Honestly, they taste amazing either way.
Can I Freeze This Grilled Chicken Wrap Recipe?
Technically, you can freeze this grilled chicken wrap; however, ranch dressing doesn’t usually freeze that great. If you are planning to prepare several wraps ahead of time, I recommend omitting the ranch dressing then adding it when you are ready to serve. When freezing chicken and ranch wraps, you need to roll them in aluminum foil tightly. Then place them in a freezer bag or another airtight container.
What Do I Serve With This Chicken Ranch Wrap Recipe?
The best part about this chicken ranch wrap is that it goes with almost anything. When we are aiming to make more of a more substantial meal, I will serve it with some side items. Try some of these:
- Salad – A cool, crisp, refreshing garden salad goes perfectly with this chicken tortilla wrap. Yum!
- Fruit – Fresh fruit pairs well with most recipes and this ranch chicken wrap isn’t any different.
- Chips – It’s okay to indulge and have a handful of chips for lunch! They are light and won’t make you overly full all day.
- French Fries – If you are making the chicken wrap for dinner and have some extra time, then make up a batch of fries.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later:
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Ranch Chicken Wraps
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and chopped
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 large tortillas
- Assemble wraps by evenly dispersing ingredients between the 4 wraps, and rolling them up burrito style.
- Lightly grease a medium skillet or grill pan over medium heat, and cook the wraps for about 2 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional two minutes.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
More Chicken Recipes:
Chicken Caprese – 30 Minutes or Less Meal – everyone will be so impressed by the flavor they’ll never realize how easy it was to make!
Mississippi Ranch Chicken – It’s the best 10-minute dinner you’ll ever make!
Instant Pot Orange Chicken – It simply does not get easier than Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe!
Loaded Buffalo Chicken Fries – Crispy oven fries topped with roasted chicken, freshly grated cheese, ranch dressing YUM.