Prep time: 15 minutes – Cook time: 1h 30 minutes – Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes – Servings: 14
This Key Lime Pound Cake is sweet, moist and dense. This is a delicious Southern twist to a traditional pound cake, and it will be a hit on your next party and your family and friends will love it!
This fresh cake has a mild key lime flavor and the glaze gives it a great burst of lime flavor. It is a sweet and moist pound cake, but it is not as dense as most pound cakes, this is a lighter cake for sure.
It is delicious because it is moist but with a fine crumb and mild dense texture. It is full of bright citrus flavor that you’re sure to love. This is the perfect cake for spring and summer!
Tips to Make the Best Key Lime Pound Cake:
Tip 1. When mixing the batter, you can use both a manual or stand-up mixer for this recipe and even a food processor.
Tip 2. You can use the baking pan of your preference, not only tube or bundt baking pans.
Tip 3. To get soft bread, sifting the flour is a must. Make sure to sift the flour before adding to the mixture.
Tip 4. Since this pound cake is dense and moist it will take longer to bake (around 90 minutes). The cake may seem to be ready before that amount of time but make sure to test it with a small wooden skewer. You can be sure the cake is ready whenever there are no crumbs or dry crumbs are on the skewer.
Tip 5. Make sure to add the eggs one at a time.
Tip 6. Butter and cream cheese should be at room temperature.
Tip 7. Allow the cake to cool for at least 30 minutes before adding the icing, otherwise, it will melt.
Ingredients for Key Lime Pound Cake with Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing:
4 sticks butter, that’s 1 lb, room temperature
3 c sugar
6 large eggs plus 2 yolks, room temperature
3 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/3 c plus 2 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
1/4 cup evaporated milk,
1/4 c grated Key lime zest
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3-4 tbsp butter, room temperature
4 c confectioner’s sugar
2 tbsp freshly squeezed Key lime juice
2-3 tsp grated key lime zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
What do you need to make Key Lime Pound Cake:
How to make Key Lime Pound Cake with Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing:
Step 1: Prepare the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.
Step 2: Apply non-stick cooking spray in a 10-inch tube pan.
Step 3: Beat the butter with a stand-up mixer.
Step 4: Add in sugar and beat for about 5 to 10 minutes or until well mixed.
Step 5: Add in the eggs gradually and beat every addition.
Step 6: Add in the lime zest and stir until well blended.
Step 7: Add in vanilla, milk, and juice. Stir until well combined.
Step 8: Mix both mixtures until well combined.
Step 9: Transfer the batter into the prepared tube pan and spread it evenly.
Step 10: Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
Step 11: Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature.
How to Make the Icing:
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter and cream cheese. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined.
Step 2: Add in confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth.
Step 3: Add in zest, vanilla, and lime juice. Stir until well combined.
Step 4: Spread the icing over the cooled cake.
Serve and enjoy!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
For the cake:
- 4 sticks butter, that’s 1 lb, room temperature
- 3 c sugar
- 6 large eggs plus 2 yolks, room temperature
- 3 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 c plus 2 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
- 1/4 c grated Key lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Icing:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3-4 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 4 c confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed Key lime juice
- 2-3 tsp grated key lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325º F/165º C.
- Prepare your baking pan. Spread butter or non-stick cooking spray in a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl beat the butter with a stand-up mixer, you can also use a food processor for this purpose.
- Add in sugar and mix for about 5 minutes or until well combined.
- Add to the mixture the eggs one by one and beat in every addition.
- Then add in the lime zest and stir until well blended.
- Then, add in milk vanilla, and lime juice and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter into the previously prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for 90 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle of the cake.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
How to make Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing?
- In a large bowl, add in the cream cheese and butter both at room temperature. Mix until well combined and until you get a smooth texture.
- Then, add in confectioners’ sugar little by little and beat until smooth.
- Add in vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spread the icing over the cooled cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Keyingredient
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 829Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 371mgCarbohydrates: 102gFiber: 1gSugar: 77gProtein: 8g
Check below some of my delicious cake recipes: