When hunger strikes, do you grab the first food you see? Unfortunately it isn’t always the healthiest snack choice. Well, you’re not alone! Although I hate to admit it, I sometimes don’t choose the best snacking choices.
Most of the time, if I plan ahead, I am a smart snacker. I try to eat something little every two to three hours and keep something in my purse and car just in case. Granola bars and baked vegetable chips are usually my go-to snack because they are portable and satisfying.
But sometimes you just want a crunchy little snack. Here is one snack that you can feel good about eating-Roasted Chickpeas!
I just recently discovered this healthy and tasty snack. Full of fiber and high in protein, these chickpeas are the perfect answer when you have a snack attack. Throw a baggie of these in your lunch box and avoid those vending machines when hunger strikes.
2 (15 ounce) cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon chile powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Dash cayenne pepper
How to make Oven Roasted Chickpeas with Moroccan Spices:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2. Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander under running water. Pat dry with a kitchen towel
Step 3. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and spices. Add chickpeas and toss until coated with spice mixture. Spread chickpeas out on a rimmed baking sheet.
Step 4. Roast, shaking the pan occasionally, until the chickpeas are slightly brown and crunchy, 35-40 minutes. Cool slightly before serving. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander under running water. Pat dry with a kitchen towel
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and spices. Add chickpeas and toss until coated with spice mixture. Spread chickpeas out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, shaking the pan occasionally, until the chickpeas are slightly brown and crunchy, 35-40 minutes. Cool slightly before serving. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Source: adapted from We Are Not Martha
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 20Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 1g
If you love these roasted chickpeas, be sure to try some of our reader’s favorite recipes too.
- Chocolate Snack Bites With Caramel And Peanuts – These little snacks are HUGE on flavor and perfect for giving into your sweets cravings. They are simple to make and are lovely for snacking any time you want something.
- Pretzel S’Mores Bites – You can never go wrong with making these tasty treats. They have all the things we love about S’mores with the addition of pretzels. Take them to parties as a dessert or make them when you are craving sweets.
- Buckeye Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites – There isn’t an easier recipe than these terrific pretzel bits. If you are craving chocolate and peanut butter together, they are a must!
- No Bake Coconut Date Balls – If you need something sweet, but also healthy, consider these no-bake date balls. They have the best flavor and will keep you filled up. We love to take them on long trips, so we have a healthy snack at arms reach.