These Honey Cinnamon Crispy Chickpeas are the BOMB! They are sweet little nuggets that entice you to keep eating them. They are the perfect snack and give you a crunchy texture with intense honey and cinnamon flavor that is out of this world. Take them when you are heading out the door for a quick snack or eat them hanging around the house.
Once you dig into these roasted chickpeas, you are going to be in love with their satisfying flavor and texture.
Honey Cinnamon Crispy Chickpeas
Looking for a high protein snack that will keep you full and satisfied for hours? Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite low-calorie snacks. They are a great and healthy alternative to mixed nuts, chips, and other munchies. I can’t begin to tell you how many batches of roasted chickpeas we consume in this house. I have made them using both fresh chickpeas and canned chickpeas, and honestly, you can’t tell the difference after they are roasted. For that reason, I usually use canned because they are ready to use. 🙂 The most important thing about making roasted chickpeas is to make sure your chickpeas are thoroughly dried before tossing into the spice mix. If they are not dried enough, they will be soft and chewy on the inside, not crispy and crunchy. If I am not pressed for time, I will rinse off the chickpeas and lay them on a paper towel-lined baking sheet for at least an hour to air dry. After an hour or so, I blot them again with a towel just to be certain that they are thoroughly dry. After drying whip up the spice mix, dump onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast until crunchy and no longer soft in the middle. Roasting the chickpeas turns them from a soft bean to a crunchy corn nut-like snack. Throw a baggie of these in your lunch box and avoid that mid-afternoon snack attack.
Kids and adults all love the incredible flavor of these crunchy chickpeas. Imagine taking them on long car rides, so everyone has a healthy snack. They are loaded with fiber, potassium, folate, magnesium, vitamin A and more. Roasted chickpeas make sense to have as an easy to go treat because they can be made sweet or savory. Plus, that crunch is unlike anything else! So yummy!
How do I Store Roasted Chickpeas?
Before storing the chickpeas, you will need to let them cool down all the way. This is an important step, or you may end up with less than lip-smacking chickpeas. The roasted chickpeas should be stored in an airtight container. I often keep them in a mason jar with a lid. But you can keep them in a ziplock bag, plastic container, or even a glass container. They just need to be kept away from the heat and sunlight. That way, they are delicious and perfect any time you want them.
How Long are Crispy Chickpeas Good For?
If you manage to not eat all the crispy chickpeas right away, then you can keep them around for a couple of weeks. That’s why we always try to have some handy because they are delicious and last so long.
Not only do these honey cinnamon crispy chickpeas make a fantastic snack, but they are also lovely as gifts. And because they last so long, you can easily make them a few days ahead of time. Put them in a cute box or jar with some ribbon, and whoever you give them too is sure to love them.
The robust flavors in these homemade chickpeas come from six ingredients. They taste like they have been cooking all day long, but in reality, you can quickly and easily make them yourself without even breaking a sweat.
- Ground cinnamon
- White granulated sugar
- Olive oil
How to Make Honey Cinnamon Crispy Chickpeas
I should warn you that after you bake some homemade chickpeas, you are going to want them all the time. Try out varieties of flavors so you can see what you like the best.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the chickpeas in a colander and run them under cool water to rinse. Carefully dry the chickpeas using a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Combine together the oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in a small bowl. Pour in the chickpeas and gently them toss until they are coated with the spicey mixture. Lay out the chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet.
- While roasting be sure to shake the pan occasionally. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the chickpeas are crunchy and no longer soft in the middle. The best way to tell if they are the texture you like is by taste testing them. Keep roasting until they are the desired texture.
- Place the hot roasted chickpeas in a small bowl. Then evenly drizzle them with honey. Place the roasted chickpeas back out on the baking sheet and allow cool and dry. Keep them stored in an airtight container at room temperature for the best results.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of chickpeas (or 4 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander under running water. Throughly dry chickpeas with a kitchen towel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Add chickpeas and toss until coated with spice mixture. Spread chickpeas out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, shaking the pan occasionally, until the chickpeas are crunchy and no longer soft in the middle, 35-40 minutes. Test taste every few minutes until desired texture is reached.
- Place hot, roasted beans in a small bowl and coat evenly with honey. Spread beans back out on baking sheet and allow to dry. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Source: adapted from The Pastry Affair
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
If you love these honey cinnamon roasted chickpeas, be sure to try some of our reader’s favorite recipes too.
- Chocolate Snack Bites With Caramel And Peanuts – These little snacks are HUGE on flavor and perfect for giving into your sweets cravings. They are simple to make and are lovely for snacking any time you want something.
- Pretzel S’Mores Bites – You can never go wrong with making these tasty treats. They have all the things we love about S’mores with the addition of pretzels. Take them to parties as a dessert or make them when you are craving sweets.
- Buckeye Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites – There isn’t an easier recipe than these terrific pretzel bits. If you are craving chocolate and peanut butter together, they are a must!
- No Bake Coconut Date Balls – If you need something sweet, but also healthy, consider these no-bake date balls. They have the best flavor and will keep you filled up. We love to take them on long trips, so we have a healthy snack at arms reach.