PB & J Breakfast Bars Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for breakfast bar ideas? This is the perfect on the go breakfast. This PB&J Breakfast Bars Recipe makes the perfect peanut butter breakfast bars.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
PB&J Breakfast Bars for On The Go Breakfast
Sometimes, we have no time for breakfast. We are in a rush and I simply can’t find the time. That is why I like to have something like healthy snack bars on hand so we can grab breakfast as we are walking out the door. These PB&J Breakfast Bars are just the thing.
Variations to these Breakfast Bars
This is a simple recipe and that makes it easy to change the recipe around to fit your tastes. You can add or change just about anything in these bars.
- Want Different Flavors: In this recipe, I am using strawberry jam, but you can use grape, blackberry, orange, just about anything. If they make it in jelly or jam, you can use it in this recipe.
- Less Sugar: If you want a way to reduce the amount of processed sugar in this recipe, you can look for jelly and jams that do not have regular sugar in it. There are jellies that use juice as a way to sweeten it.
- Add Fruits and Nuts: You can add other dried fruits and nuts to these bars. You can add sunflower seeds. Just about anything can be added to make these breakfast bars even better.
How to Store Healthy Snack Bars
Once you have made these healthy snack bars, you will want to find a way to store them that lets you be able to eat them over the next few days. When storing these peanut butter breakfast bars, you will want to make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Protecting them from the air will keep them fresher longer and ensure they do not taste stale. If you do not have an airtight container, use a freezer bag or plastic snack bag.
How Long Do Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars Last
These peanut butter breakfast bars are perfect for on the go breakfast bar ideas. The best thing about these bars is that you will have breakfast that you can grab when you’re in a hurry.
When stored properly, these bars will last several days to a week. Keep them on hand for breakfast or whenever you need healthy snack bars.
Can These Breakfast Bars Be Frozen
When you make these breakfast bars, you might not be able to finish the batch before they go stale or become spoiled. If this is the case, you can freeze the rest of the bars. When freezing the breakfast bars, you will want to make sure to put the breakfast bars in an airtight container or put them in a freezer bag.
I prefer freezer bags so that I can lay them flat and write on the bag the date the bars were made and what is in the bag. The frozen breakfast bars will stay fresh in the freezer for several months.
These are one of my favorite breakfast bar ideas because it makes the perfect on the go breakfast. Keep them on hand for whenever you need a healthy snack.
Ingredients in PB&J Breakfast Bars
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- unsalted butter
- salted peanuts
- strawberry jam
- crunchy peanut butter
- 7 x 11-inch baking pan
How to Make PB&J Breakfast Bars
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line the baking pan with parchment paper, leave an overhang
Add butter, peanut butter, and sugar to a mixing bowl.
Beat till a smooth with a hand mixer on medium.
Next, add in the egg and vanilla
Continue to beat until all ingredients are well blended
Then, add the flour, baking powder, and salt in the peanut butter mixture.
Stir with a large spoon or spatula, until all ingredients are blended
Divide the batter, 3/4 of the batter in one bowl and 1/4 in a separate bowl.
Press 3/4 of the batter into the bottom of the pan
Place the strawberry jam on top of the batter and spread evenly.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 batter on top of the strawberry jam
Sprinkle the salted peanuts on top.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
Set baking pan aside until completely cooled
Lastly cut into bars and ENJOY!
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
PB and J Breakfast Bars
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1/2 C salted peanuts
- 1 C strawberry jam
- 1 C crunchy peanut butter
- 7 x 11 inch baking pan
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper, leave an overhang
- Add butter, peanut butter, and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Beat till a smooth with a hand mixer on medium.
- Next, add in the egg and vanilla
- Continue to beat until all ingredients are well blended
- Then, add the flour, baking powder, and salt in the peanut butter mixture.
- Stir with a large spoon or spatula, until all ingredients are blended
- Divide the batter, 3/4 of the batter in one bowl and 1/4 in a separate bowl.
- Press 3/4 of the batter into the bottom of the pan
- Place the strawberry jam on top of the batter and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 batter on top of the strawberry jam
- Sprinkle the salted peanuts on top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Set baking pan aside until completely cooled
- Lastly cut into bars and ENJOY!
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
More Breakfast Recipes
Easy Breakfast Casserole with Variations – Looking for an Easy Breakfast Casserole Ideas? This breakfast casserole is savory and filling. It tastes amazing and it is great for leftovers as well. This breakfast casserole has the perfect combination of eggs and ham.
Meat and Cheese Croissant Overnight Breakfast Casserole – Everything about this croissant breakfast casserole is mouthwatering good! From the flaky buttery crust to the salty bacon and sausage to the creamy eggs.
Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole – This pumpkin breakfast casserole is an easy breakfast casserole that’s perfect for fall or any other time of the year. An ideal Thanksgiving breakfast or fall weekend brunch!
Nutella Stuffed Pancakes – Nutella pancakes are a deliciously decadent stuffed pancake recipe perfect for a special breakfast. Served with fresh strawberries, they’re perfect for a romantic or holiday brunch too
Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts – Pumpkin spice season is officially here! If you’re a pumpkin spice lover like me, you absolutely MUST try these pumpkin spice doughnuts! They are so tasty and much easier to make than you may think!