Delicious Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
Fluffy pumpkin pancakes packed with pureed pumpkin, fall spices and topped with walnuts and honey butter. Ok, so I thought I found the perfect pancake with the sweet potato pancakes until I tried these amazing pumpkin pancakes! I had a half used can of pumpkin lying around yesterday morning and decided to make these scrumptious pumpkin pancakes. They cook up so amazingly fluffy! They had to be at least an inch thick! The perfect kind of pancake if you ask me! There is nothing better on a cool and rainy fall morning than a stack of warm and fluffy pancakes!
How to Store Pumpkin Pancakes
If you have leftovers of these pumpkin pancakes you can store them in the refrigerator. Once cooled, put the pancakes in a freezer bag or in an airtight container. The pancakes will last about 4 days in the refrigerator. If you do not think you will eat them before they go bad, you can always move them to the freezer. To reheat, use the microwave or the toaster.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Spice Pancakes For Later?
I love to make a large batch of pumpkin spice pancakes. I will often make a double batch of these pancakes. I keep some in the refrigerator so that I can reheat them the next day or so for breakfast and then I take the rest of the pancakes and store them in the freezer. I like to add a piece of parchment paper or wax paper between each pancake. This lets me take a few out as I want them but I don’t have to take the whole batch out of the freezer. When you are ready to eat the pumpkin pie pancakes, you can reheat the pancakes in the microwave. You can actually reheat these pancakes from frozen which makes it a great breakfast idea even on the busiest mornings.
Can I Add Nuts to My Pumpkin Pie Pancakes?
While I normally put the nuts on top of my pumpkin pie pancakes, you can certainly add the nuts directly to the batter. You will want to make sure the nuts are chopped into very small pieces or you will not be able to have many nuts in the pancake and it will be difficult to get nuts into every bite.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pancake Mix
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
- Pumpkin puree
How to Make Pumpkin Pancakes
Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, nutmeg, and a pinch of ground cloves.
In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and egg; fold mixture into dry ingredients.
Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with butter and syrup.
More Breakfast Ideas
If you want simple breakfast ideas, you are going to love these other breakfast ideas.
- Nutella Stuffed Pancakes – These Nutella Stuffed pancakes are the best stuffed pancakes and are perfect for a special breakfast. Serve with strawberries this recipe is also perfect for a romantic or holiday brunch.
- The Very Best Blueberry Pancakes Recipe Looking for The Very Best Blueberry Pancakes Recipe? You have to try these blueberry buttermilk pancakes. The griddle is hot and the pancakes are fluffy! Let’s get ready to celebrate National Blueberry Pancake Day!
- Sweet Breakfast Bake with Chocolate Croissants – Rich and delicious, wait until you try this Sweet Breakfast Bake with Chocolate Croissants. This is better than any store bought pastry you could buy.
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Roll Recipe – This is a delicious Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Roll Recipe that will make a fantastic breakfast or brunch recipe.
- PB &J Breakfast Bars Recipe – Looking for breakfast bar ideas? This is the perfect on the go breakfast. This PB&J Breakfast Bars Recipe makes the perfect peanut butter breakfast bars.
- Strawberry Croissant Sandwich with Almond Whipped Cream – If you are looking for a Sweet Croissant Sandwich recipe that is perfect for a strawberry breakfast, you will want to save this recipe. Easy to make and simply delicious this stuffed croissant is topped with Almond Whipped Cream, this is a must save recipe.
Looking for the best pumpkin pancakes? This is the recipe for you. These fluffy pancakes are packed with pumpkin flavor. Topped with honey butter, these are the perfect fall breakfast idea. Enjoy these pumpkin pancakes as a family breakfast or as a special brunch.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, nutmeg, and a pinch of ground cloves.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and egg; fold mixture into dry ingredients.
- Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with butter and syrup.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2006
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pumpkin pancakes