Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Crumb Topping
What to Serve with Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake?
This Pumpkin Spice coffee cake is perfect to serve with breakfast, as a snack or as dessert. It is also great to serve as a part of a fall brunch idea. If you are wondering what else to serve that is perfect for brunch, try these ideas.
- Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole – This pumpkin breakfast casserole is an easy breakfast casserole that’s perfect for fall or any other time of the year. An ideal Thanksgiving breakfast or fall weekend brunch! This pumpkin breakfast recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Variations – Looking for an Easy Breakfast Casserole Ideas? This breakfast casserole is savory and filling. It tastes amazing and it is great for leftovers as well.
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe – This flavorful pumpkin spice coffee cake is a yummy treat just in time for all the fall weather that’s coming. Once you taste this pumpkin coffee cake, you will feel like you are living in food heaven. Every bite has an intense pumpkin flavor that is seriously out of this world.
- Ham & Asparagus Casserole – This ham and asparagus casserole is one of the best easy casserole recipes. With just a few ingredients, this cheesy ham casserole is ready in under an hour. Perfect for busy weeknights or even weekend brunch!
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts – Pumpkin spice season is officially here! If you’re a pumpkin spice lover like me, you absolutely MUST try these pumpkin spice doughnuts! They are so tasty and much easier to make than you may think! No frying required!
Can I turn this into coffee cake muffins?
If you want to use this pumpkin coffee cake recipe to make coffee cake muffins, you can absolutely can. Using this recipe to make coffee cake muffins only takes a swap of baking time. After you make the cake batter, use a muffin tin to bake the muffins. You can use cupcake wrappers or grease the pan. Fill each muffin tin until it is about 2/3 of the ways full and then add the streusel topping over the batter. Bake the muffins for 17 minutes at 350 degrees. Check to make sure the muffins are done by sticking a toothpick into the center.
Can I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream in this pumpkin spice coffee cake?
How to make the pumpkin streusel coffee cake topping
It is easy to make the streusel coffee cake topping. Simply whisk together the sugars, cinnamon, salt and flour. Add the melted butter. Once these are combined, it will start to form the crumbs. The crumbs will look like clumps of sand. Add the topping to the top of the unbaked muffins. The topping will cook and stay on the top of the muffins.
How to Store Coffee Cake
When you make the coffee cake and store it at room temperature, the cake will last about 2-3 days when wrapped well in plastic. If you store the coffee cake in the refrigerator, it will last for about a week. Make sure the cake is covered well with plastic wrap or foil no matter where it is stored or the cake will become dried out.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- all-purpose flour
- unsalted cream butter
- baking soda
- baking powder
- pure vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- pumpkin puree
- canola oil
- sour cream
- powdered sugar
- whole milk
How to Make Coffee Cake
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together both sugars, cinnamon, salt, and flour.
Add cooled, melted butter and stir until crumbs form.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease and flour a 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt and pumpkin spice.
In another bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, oil and sour cream.
Gradually whisk together the egg mixture into the flour mixture, until well combined.
Pour the batter into prepared pan.
Tap the pan against your counter to release any air bubbles.
Sprinkle the crumb on top.Bake the cake for 40 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Prepare the icing by stirring the two ingredients together.
Drizzle icing on top of cake.
Cool to room temperature and slice.
Looking for a simple pumpkin coffee cake recipe? Wait until you try this pumpkin spice coffee cake! A delicious moist cake that features a streusel topping.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted cream butter
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. whole milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together both sugars, cinnamon, salt, and flour.
- Add cooled, melted butter and stir until crumbs form.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda,brown sugar, salt and pumpkin spice.
- In another bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, oil and sour cream.
- Gradually whisk together the egg mixture into the flour mixture, until well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Tap the pan against your counter to release any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle the crumb on top.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Prepare the icing by stirring the two ingredients together.
- Drizzle icing on top of cake.
- Cool to room temperature and slice.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pumpkin coffee cake
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂