Want a twist on pumpkin pie? Wait until you try these pumpkin pie bars. With an oatmeal base topped with a pumpkin pie layer, these bars take pumpkin pie to a new level.
Layered Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe
How to Store Spice Bars
Can You Freeze These Pumpkin Pie Squares?
Can I use fresh pumpkin in these pumpkin bars?
Ingredients for pumpkin spice bars
- old fashioned rolled oats
- kosher salt
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- vanilla extract
- ground gingers
- pumpkin puree
- Evaporated Milk
How to make pumpkin pie bars
Preheat oven to 350 degree’s and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, salt, and baking soda together
Mix in 1/2 C sugar and 1/2 C brown sugar in with the dry ingredients
Mix in the melted butter and vanilla into the dry ingredients and stir until evenly moist
Press half of the mixture into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes
Once baked, allow to cool completely
Pumpkin Pie Directions:
While the crust is baking, using a standing mixer, mix together 1/2 C sugar and 1/2 C brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt until combined
Mix in the two eggs, two egg yolks, vanilla and mix until combined
Mix in the pumpkin puree and milk until combined
Pour pumpkin pie mixture onto cooled crust
Sprinkle remaining crust on top of the pumpkin pie mixture
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden and the center jiggles slightly
Allow to cool completely before enjoying!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
More pumpkin dessert recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe – A yummy treat, this pumpkin spice coffee cake is so flavorful. Perfect for fall, you will be in fall heaven with the intense pumpkin flavor.
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie Recipe – Take pumpkin pie and add in a whole new level of pizzazz. This delicious pumpkin pie filling is topped with luscious meringue. After your first bite, you will be begging for more.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe – These are easy to make chocolate chip bars recipe that is moist and delicious. The best of both world, chocolate and pumpkin, these bars are fantastic.
- Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcake – When you make cupcakes that bring together caramel and pumpkin, you have the best fall inspired cupcakes. These pumpkin caramel latte cupcakes are topped with cinnamon frosting and drizzled with caramel.
- These pumpkin caramel latte cupcakes combine two of fall’s most popular flavors and taste phenomenal. You will be in food heaven when you bite into the moist cupcakes and taste the cinnamon frosting and caramel drizzle.
- Pumpkin Scones – This recipe takes scones to a whole new level. Moist and delicious, these pumpkin scones are topped with powdered sugar and then it has a spicy glaze. This gives the scones a sweet and spicy taste that makes it a one of a kind recipe.
- Pumpkin Poke Cake – If you love pumpkin, seriously, this is an amazing pumpkin recipe. With this pumpkin poke cake, you will poke the cake full of holes, filled with sweetened condensed milk and then the whole thing is covered with cream cheese.
Crust and Topping ingredients:
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 2 1/2 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 C (3 sticks) unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Pumpkin Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground gingers
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 C Evaporated Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degree's and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, salt and baking soda together
- Mix in 1/2 C sugar and 1/2 C brown sugar in with the dry ingredients
- Mix in the melted butter and vanilla into the dry ingredients and stir until evenly moist
- Press half of the mixture into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Once baked, allow to cool completely
Pumpkin Pie Directions:
- While the crust is baking, using a standing mixer, mix together 1/2 C sugar and 1/2 C brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt until combined
- Mix in the two eggs, two egg yolks, vanilla and mix until combined
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and milk until combined
- Pour pumpkin pie mixture onto cooled crust
- Sprinkle remaining crust on top of the pumpkin pie mixture
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden and the center jiggles slightly
- Allow to cool completely before enjoying!
Make sure you check my best recipes below:
Truffle Peanut Butter Brownies – Rich, creamy and delicious, you have to try these one of a kind brownies.
Crown Royal Cherry Brownies Balls – This is the best chocolate truffles that you will ever taste.
Black Forest Brownies Recipe – These black forest brownies will knock the socks off of any chocolate lover!
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies – Cherry brownies are a tasty twist on a classic brownie.
Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting – Rich, chewy chocolate fudge brownies with an amazing taste.