We continue onto Week 8 of College Football, which means another delicious Football bite! Here is one easy and delicious appetizer that is perfect for a Saturday afternoon full of football! Queso Blanco is one of my favorite appetizers to get at Mexican restaurants. Don Pablos used to be my favorite Mexican restaurant to order Queso Blanco, but since there is not a single Don Pablos in the state of Illinois, I had to recreate it in my own kitchen.
This recipe is so quick and easy you can have it on your table in less than 10 minutes! You can adjust the heat to your liking by adding more jalapenos and Tabasco sauce.
- 1 lb white American cheese (I used Boar’s Head White American)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, undrained
- ½ to 1 cup heavy cream, depending on thickness of dip you like
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- Tabasco sauce to taste
Combine cheese, green chilies, heavy cream, cayenne pepper, jalapeno, salsa and Tabasco sauce in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth. Adjust the seasonings to taste. Serve with tortilla chips.
Source: adapted from Food.com