Have you tried these Loaded Buffalo Chicken Fries? What are you waiting for? Crispy oven fries topped with roasted chicken, freshly grated cheese, ranch dressing, and a sprinkling of chives.
Loaded Buffalo Chicken Fries
I’m not sure what it is about the whole buffalo wing flavor, but I’m hooked! All the flavors of several of my favorite appetizers come together in these quick and easy oven fries. And let me tell you, folks, these Buffalo Chicken Fries are incredible. INCREDIBLE! With shredded chicken, three types of cheese, fresh chives and a drizzling of ranch dressing, it’s a true crowd-pleaser.
I used 1/2 cup of hot sauce and thought the amount of heat was perfect (but I like things extra spicy). Andrew found them to be a bit too spicy and would have liked them much better if I had only used 1/4 cup of hot sauce. I know, pansy, right? I suggest starting with 1/4 cup of hot sauce and adding more to taste if you happen to live with a pansy as well. Spicy, crispy, and gooey…you really can’t go wrong!
What are the Best Fries for Baked Fries?
There is no set of fries that are the best for baked fries. This recipe can be used with shoestring fries, steak fries, seasoned or battered fries. As long as you are using a fry you like, it will work great in this recipe. You can try all different types of fries to see which ones you like best. This would also taste amazing with onion rings for a twist.
What is the Best Hot Sauce for Buffalo Chicken Dip Loaded Fries?
When it comes to hot sauce, it is a personal preference. I like the flavor of Frank’s Hot Sauce. I use it for all of my buffalo recipes. I think it provides the best flavor in addition to heat.
How Long Do Loaded Buffalo Fries Last
When you make these fries it is best to eat them in one sitting. While you can reheat them, they are never as good as they are when you first make them. If you have leftovers and want to reheat them for another time, you want to store them in the refrigerator. The friers will last about 2 days in the refrigerator. These fries do not freeze well after they have been made the first time.
How to Reheat these Buffalo Chicken Fries
When you are reheating these buffalo chicken fries, you will want to reheat them in the oven. When you reheat them in the microwave, the fries become soggy. It does not give you the crunchy, crispy fries that makes this recipe amazing. You will heat the fries long enough to heat them through and melt the cheese but try to not over heat them. This can make the fries too hard.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Cheese Fries
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Frank’s hot sauce
- Cheddar cheese
- Monterey jack cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Ranch dressing
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Fries
Preheat oven to 425 degrees (or according to the package of your waffle fries).
Spread fries in a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake about 20 minutes, or as directed on the package.
While fries are baking, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in hot sauce. Toss chicken in mixture to coat and heat through. Turn down to low to keep warm. Taste and add more hot sauce if desired.
When fries are finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and drop spoonfuls of the chicken over the fries. Top with cheeses and blue cheese crumbles. Return to the oven for five minutes.
Remove from the oven and drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
Want More Buffalo Recipes?
If you love buffalo as much as I do, you are going to love these other buffalo recipes. They are perfect for any kind of get together or for a night when you just want that loaded fries taste.
- Buffalo Shrimp Recipe – These Baked Buffalo Shrimp are a quick and easy shrimp appetizer that’s perfect for holiday parties, game days or even a light dinner! Give this buffalo shrimp a try today.
- Buffalo Smoked Chicken Wings Recipe -Looking for the best smoked chicken wings recipe? You have to try this recipe for spicy chicken wings. These wings are slow smoked instead of fried.
- Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe – Looking for a simple buffalo chicken bites recipe? This is a simple chicken nuggets recipe that has the has the perfect crunch as well as having a buffalo bit. This cornflake crusted chicken is much healthier than the fried counterpart.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- Fries, enough for a single layer on a sheet pan
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- ranch dressing, for drizzling
- chives, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (or according to the package of your waffle fries).
- Spread fries in a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake about 20 minutes, or as directed on the package.
- While fries are baking, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in hot sauce. Toss chicken in mixture to coat and heat through. Turn down to low to keep warm. Taste and add more hot sauce if desired.
- When fries are finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and drop spoonfuls of the chicken over the fries. Top with cheeses and blue cheese crumbles. Return to the oven for five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
Make sure you check our best recipes below:
Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake – It’s a hit with kids and adults alike and, bonus, it’s so easy to make!
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars Recipe – This cheesecake recipe goes father when cutting into bars.
Homemade Cream Cheese Biscuits Recipe – The best biscuit recipe you will ever need
Triple Chocolate Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe – Creamy and rich with a strong chocolate flavor!
Homemade Fried Mozzarella Sticks Recipe – homemade mozzarella sticks have a perfectly crispy batter that is beyond delicious.