Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Do you love the oozing mess of a delicious Sloppy Joe, but hate having to use a fork? Solve your problem with these tasty Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos!
Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, this recipe is quick and easy to throw together.
With just a few simple ingredients and some time on the grill, you can have flavorful burritos that are packed full of deliciousness. Plus, don’t worry if things get sloppy – after all, it is called a “Sloppy Joe”!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos?
- The combination of ground beef, sloppy joe sauce, cheese, and other fillings wrapped in a lightly grilled burrito is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- The flavors of the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burrito blend together perfectly, creating a delicious, savory dish.
- The Sloppy Joe Grilled Burrito is an easy-to-make meal that can be prepared quickly and enjoyed any night of the week.
- This recipe is a great way to use up leftovers, as it can be filled with whatever ingredients you have on hand.
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos are also a great way to get your kids to eat more vegetables, as you can easily add in some diced carrots or peppers to the filling.
- The Sloppy Joe Grilled Burrito is a great option for those on a budget, as it is a very affordable meal.
What type of tortillas are recommended for the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos?
It’s best to use large flour tortillas. You can use smaller tortillas if you are feeding kids or want to make the recipe stretch further.
What type of cheese is recommended for the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos?
We typically use shredded cheddar cheese. It balances out the flavors and goes well with the other ingredients. You can also use Pepper Jack, Monterey jack, mozzarella, Colby, or anything else you like.
Are there any tips or tricks for making the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos?
- Don’t overcook the ground beef. It will make them too dry and not as flavorful.
- Add in your favorite mix-ins to give them added flavor.
- They make an excellent meal prep recipe for easy mornings!
- Don’t put too much burrito mixture in the tortillas. Overstuffing causes the filling to spill out.
Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos Variations
- You can add some diced bell peppers or onions for extra flavor and crunch.
- Or go for a Mexican twist by adding refried beans or chopped jalapenos to the sloppy joe mixture. You could even try using ground turkey or chicken instead of beef!
- For a vegan option, use lentils or crumbled tofu as the base of your filling, and feel free to add your favorite vegan cheese and sour cream on top.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Onions (chopped)
- Red Bell Peppers (chopped)
- Green Bell Peppers (chopped)
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt
- Dry Mustard
- prepared Cheese Sauce, see recipe under, “Sauces”
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese or use your favorite cheese
For Sloppy Joe Sauce:
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, and Garlic Salt
- Flour Tortillas (Wheat can be substituted)
How To Make Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos:
Step 1. Mix ground beef with your seasonings.
Step 2. Over Med-High heat, brown your seasoned Ground Beef, for about 6-8 minutes.
Step 3. Add onion, and red & green bell peppers and continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes, until vegetables are soft. Keep warm.
Step 4. In a separate bowl mix ketchup, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, onion powder & pepper. Blend well. Pour over beef, and keep warm.
Step 5. Using large flour tortillas, add the mixture to the center.
Step 6. Add cheese sauce on top of the beef mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Fold over into a burrito and fry with oil for 1 minute per side over medium heat.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- ½ C Onions, chopped
- ¼ C Red Bell Peppers, chopped
- ¼ C Green Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 T Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt
- ½ T Dry Mustard
- ½ C prepared Cheese Sauce, see recipe under, “Sauces”
- ½ C Shredded Cheddar Cheese or use your favorite
For Sloppy Joe Sauce:
- ½ C Ketchup
- 3 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 T Brown Sugar
- ½ T Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder and Garlic Salt
- 4- 6 Large Flour Tortillas, Wheat can be substituted
- 1 T Oil
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Mix ground beef with your seasonings.
- Over Med High heat, brown your seasoned Ground Beef, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add onion, red & green bell peppers and continue cooking an additional 2 minutes, until vegetables are soft. Keep warm.
- In a separate bowl mix ketchup, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, onion powder & pepper. Blend well. Pour over beef, keep warm.
- Using large flour tortillas, add mixture to center.
- Add cheese sauce on top of beef mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Fold over into a burrito and fry with oil for 1 minute per side over Medium heat. Serve hot.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
- Repin This Easy Recipe To Pinterest -
How long does it take to prepare and cook the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos?
The total time is about 20 minutes, and 10 of those minutes are for the prep work. The part that takes the longest is browning the ground beef, but it’s pretty fast.
How many servings does the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos recipe make?
This sloppy joe grilled burrito serves about 6 people. If you want a larger batch, you can double or triple it. It’s great for feeding a hungry crowd of people.
Is there a way to make the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos vegetarian?
Yes, you can swap the ground beef for mushrooms, shredded cabbage, lentils, tofu, or even jackfruit. You can saute the vegetarian substitute of your choice with onions and peppers, just like you would ground beef.
Are there any variations of the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos recipe?
- Add your favorite vegetables. Mushrooms, shredded carrots, and tomatoes are a few tasty options.
- Use flavored tortilla shells. They make all sorts of flavored tortillas that would go great with this recipe. Test it out and see what you like.
- Mix in a few black or kidney beans to make them even more filling.
- It’s fine to swap ground beef for turkey, pork, or chicken.
Is there a way to make the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos in advance?
Yes, you can completely prepare and wrap the burritos. Wrap in plastic wrap, then wrap in tin foil. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. When freezing, you’ll need to put them in a freezer bag for another layer of protection.
Do you like it? Best Grilling recipes:
Grilled Garlic Herb Shrimp – It’s soo good.
How to Grill Brats in Beer – A favorite meal idea