Tequila Margarita Balls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Tequila Margarita Balls are the perfect way to combine two of your favorite flavors into a decadent dessert. Tequila, lime, and vanilla wafers come together to create an easy-to-prepare treat that is sure to impress.
Best of all, these Tequila Margarita Balls are great for any occasion – from impressing dinner guests, to providing tasty treats at a potluck or barbecue!
With few ingredients, they’re easy to make and even easier to eat. So gather your friends and get ready for some serious fun. Cheers!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Tequila Margarita Balls?
There are a few reasons, really. For starters, they’re just so darn tasty. The margarita flavor is perfectly paired with the tequila, and the balls themselves have a lovely texture that melts in your mouth. Plus, they’re just so fun to eat!
But beyond that, I love margarita balls because they’re such a festive treat. They’re perfect for any party or gathering, and they always bring a smile to people’s faces. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a good margarita?
So if you’re looking for a delicious and fun treat, be sure to try Tequila Margarita Balls! You won’t be disappointed.
Tequila Margarita Balls Tips
When it comes to making margarita balls, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
- First of all, make sure you use good-quality tequila. This will make a big difference in the flavor of your balls.
- Second, be sure to taste the batter before you bake it. This will help you adjust the flavor to your liking. If you want your balls to be extra flavorful, add a bit more tequila or margarita mix to the batter.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment! If you want to try something different, add some chopped fruit or nuts to the batter. I’ve even seen recipes that include chocolate chips. So have fun and get creative!
Tequila Margarita Balls Variations
There are so many different ways to make margarita balls, and the possibilities are endless! Here are a few of my favorite variations:
- For a fruity twist, try adding some chopped strawberries or raspberries to the batter.
- For chocolate lovers, try adding some chocolate chips to the batter.
- For a nutty twist, try adding some chopped almonds or pecans to the batter.
- So there you have it! These are just a few of my favorite ways to make margarita balls. I’m sure you can come up with many more delicious variations. So get creative and have fun!
- Vanilla wafers crushed into crumbs
- Almond flour
- White chocolate chips
- Orange marmalade
- Light corn syrup
- Lime juice
- Granulated sugar
How to make Tequila Margarita Balls:
Step 1. In a mixing bowl, add the almond flour.
Then, add the vanilla wafer crumbs.
Step 2. Melt the chocolate chips and add them to the mixing bowl.
Step 3. Place tequila, orange marmalade, corn syrup, and lime juice in the mixing bowl and beat on high until well combined.
Step 4. Form the dough into 3 dozen evenly sized balls and roll them to coat them in granulated sugar.
Step 5. Chill or serve immediately.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Tequila Margarita Balls
- 12 oz. Vanilla wafers , crushed into crumbs
- 2 C. Almond flour
- 4 oz. White chocolate chips
- ¼ C. Tequila
- ¼ C. Orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsp. Corn syrup, Light
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Granulated sugar for rolling the balls in
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Combine the almond flour and vanilla wafer crumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the chocolate chips and add them to the mixing bowl.
- Place tequila, orange marmalade, corn syrup, and lime juice in the mixing bowl and beat on high until well combined.
- Form the dough into 3 dozen evenly sized balls and roll them to coat them in granulated sugar.
- Chill or serve immediately.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
The recipe calls for vanilla wafers; can I change that?
Yes, you can swap the vanilla wafers! Here are a few ideas you can use instead:
- Golden Oreos
- Shortbread Cookies
- Graham Crackers
- Flavored Wafer Cookies
- Butter Cookies
- Crushed Pretzels
I had this recipe once using a cake mix; why change it?
There is nothing wrong with the recipes that call for cake mix, but what makes this recipe for margarita balls stand out is the almond flour. It provides a subtle and delicious nutty flavor!
Do I have to use Tequila?
No, you can swap the tequila in this recipe! First, you can leave it out completely, but it will drastically change the flavor. Secondly, you can swap it with vodka, gin, or white rum. The choice is completely yours!
How to serve Tequila Margarita Balls
Serve alone or with your favorite tequila or Mexican-inspired dishes! We will often make these as a simple dessert for our Taco Tuesday get-together and serve them with nachos, tacos, and enchiladas!
How to store Tequila Margarita Balls
Keep them in a sealed container in the fridge, and they will last up to 1 week.
How to freeze Tequila Margarita Balls
Place the margarita balls in a freezer-safe container, freezer bag, or glass jar. They will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw before serving.
You can make these margarita balls up to 1 week in advance. Just put them in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Or make them up to 3 months in advance by freezing them before serving.
More easy desserts
No Bake Coconut Date Balls – Super flavorful and easy to make. No oven is required!
Crown Royal Cherry Brownies Balls – Insanely delicious, a must-try dessert.
Lime Glazed Coconut Snowballs – A real crowd-pleasing dessert!
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bites – These are fancy, flavorful, and simple to make.