Buffalo Chicken Fries
Crispy oven fries topped with roasted chicken, freshly grated cheese, ranch dressing, and a sprinkling of chives.
I’m not sure what it is about the the whole buffalo wing flavor, but I’m hooked! All the flavors of several of my favorite appetizers come together in these quick and easy oven fries. And let me tell you folks, these Buffalo Chicken Fries are incredible. INCREDIBLE! With shredded chicken, three types of cheese, fresh chives and a drizzling of ranch dressing , it’s a true crowd-pleaser.
I used 1/2 cup of hot sauce and thought the amount of heat was perfect (but I like things extra spicy). Andrew found them to be a bit too spicy and would have liked them much better if I had only used 1/4 cup of hot sauce. I know, pansy, right? I suggest starting with 1/4 cup of hot sauce and adding more to taste if you happen to live with a pansy as well. 😉 Spicy, crispy, and gooey…you really can’t go wrong!
Buffalo Chicken Fries
Crispy oven fries topped with roasted chicken, freshly grated cheese, a generous drizzle of ranch dressing, and a sprinkling of chives.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Fries, enough for a single layer on a sheet pan
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
1/4 to 1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
ranch dressing, for drizzling
chives, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (or according to the package of your waffle fries).
2. Spread fries in a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake about 20 minutes, or as directed on the package.
3. While fries are baking, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in hot sauce. Toss chicken in mixture to coat and heat through. Turn down to low to keep warm. Taste and add more hot sauce if desired.
4. When fries are finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and drop spoonfuls of the chicken over the fries. Top with cheeses and blue cheese crumbles. Return to the oven for five minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
Source: adapted from Buns In My Oven
One Year Ago: Double-Chocolate Brownie Bites
Two Years Ago: Heartland Oatmeal Turtle Bars
Three Years Ago: Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies