This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These are the very best Chocolate Crinkle Cookie recipe I have ever tried. These Black Forest Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are bite sized chewy cookies that are easy to make and will be perfect for any occasion.
Black Forest Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
What is Black Forest Flavor?
Black forest flavor is usually a rich chocolate and cherry flavor. Often made into Black Forest Cake, these cookies have the same bold flavors that you are going to love. I love the way these cookies come together in such a remarkable way that I know, once you set them out, they are going to disappear.
What Makes This a Crinkle Cookies Recipe?
Crinkle cookies are a cake-like cookie. When forming the cookie dough ball, you roll it in powdered sugar coating the entire outside. As the cookies bake, they expand. It creates cracks in the powdered sugar coating and this creates the cracks. Crinkle cookies are little pillow cookies that has a cracks and fissures in the coating.
How to Store These Black Forest Cookies
When you make these cookies they are soft and chewy and you are going to want them to stay that way. When you are storing these cookies you will want to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. This will keep the cookies away from the air and that will keep them soft. The cookies will last about 5 days when stored properly.
Can Crinkle Cookies Be Frozen
If you want to freeze these cookies, you can freeze the cookies once they are baked. You can also freeze them as cookie dough balls. When you freeze these cookies, you can freeze them on a plate or cookie sheet. Once the cookies are frozen, you can move them to a freezer bag or an airtight container. The cookies will last 3 months in the freezer. When you remove the cookies from the cookies from the freezer, let them come to room temperature and then you can enjoy the baked cookies or bake the uncooked cookies.
Ingredients for Black Forest Cookies
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- Espresso powder
- Hot water
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Dried tart cherries
- Powdered sugar
How to make a Black Forest Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
Melt butter in a second small bowl in a microwave or a small saucepan over low heat.
Add cocoa to melted butter, whisking until smooth. Stir in the egg, espresso mixture, and vanilla, fully blending in each one before adding the next.
Stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
Fold chocolate chips and cherries into the dough until evenly distributed. Shape into generous 2 inch balls using a cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon measure.
Roll balls in powdered sugar two times, then arrange on prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until cookies are cracked, yet still soft, do not overbake.
Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack.
More Cookie Recipes
If you love cookies, then you are going to love these other simple cookie recipes. Each one has its own delicious flavor and is perfect at any time of the year. You are going to enjoy every last bite of these cookies.
- Root Beer Float White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Looking for a twist on a classic root beer float? Wait until you try these Root Beer Float White Chocolate Chip Cookies! Great for holidays, parties or bake sales, these root beer float cookies are perfection.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – Looking for a delicious pumpkin dessert recipe? I have just the thing. You are going to love these chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. So good, you are going to be craving pumpkin season all year long.
- Homemade Gingerbread Cookies Recipe – Looking for an easy gingerbread cookies recipe? These are the best gingerbread crinkle cookies you will ever eat. Easy to make, enjoy these gingerbread cookies this holiday season.
- Peanut Butter Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies – Looking for a simple and Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe? Oh, this the best snickerdoodle cookies ever. Perfect for the holidays, or whenever you want a soft cookie treat.
- Fresh Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe – With this recipe for Fresh Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe, you get the best of both flavors. Chewy soft oatmeal cookies and fresh apples combine to give you this great tasting oatmeal breakfast cookies.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Black Forest Chocolate Crinkle Cookie
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, not Dutch process
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, mixed with 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries, 1.5 ounces
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a second small bowl in a microwave or a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add cocoa to melted butter, whisking until smooth. Stir in the egg, espresso mixture, and vanilla, fully blending in each one before adding the next.
- Stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold chocolate chips and cherries into the dough until evenly distributed. Shape into generous 2 inch balls using a cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon measure.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar two times, then arrange on prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until cookies are cracked, yet still soft, do not overbake.
- Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Make sure you check our favorites recipes below:
Best Chicken Marsala Recipe for Slow Cooker – Delicious meal to serve to guests or any night you want to treat yourself.
Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker – One of my favorite budget slow cooker meals, Make some tonight or freeze some for later.
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings – traditional chicken and dumplings, you’ll love this easy crockpot chicken recipe!
Instant Pot Detox Fat Flush Soup – This soup is not only tasty it is a great soup cleanse.