Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is one of the best easy slow cooker recipes you’ll ever try. This easy stuffed pepper soup is also one of my favorite budget slow cooker meals, great for feeding the entire family on a budget! Make some tonight or freeze some for later.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
Table of Contents
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is one of the best easy slow cooker recipes you’ll ever try.
Soup instead of Baked Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers have long been an easy, budget-friendly meal. But while they’re easy and cheap to make, they can be tedious to make and it feels like they need to cook forever if you want your peppers to be just perfectly tender. So, how do you keep the flavor of a favorite recipe and make it even easier? Turn it into a soup. Seriously. This Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup requires maybe 1/3 of the time as traditional stuffed peppers but you get to keep all of the flavors in this budget slow cooker meal.
What to Serve with Stuffed Pepper Soup
This is one of those soups that can easily be an all in one meal. It has everything you need. The protein, the veggies, and the rice. However, if there are things that you would like to add to this soup, like a side salad, you certainly can.
- Bread or Rolls: I love to have bread to dip into my soup. One of my favorites is Cheesy Quick Biscuits Recipe. These biscuits are so good that they can go with any meal but they are perfectly matched for this soup.
What is dinner without dessert? Make these delicious dessert ideas when you are having slow cooker stuffed pepper soup:
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- No Bake Oreo Pie with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Peach Pie Recipe
- Strawberry Pound Cake
Variations to Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
I love making slow cooker soups for dinner. All winter long we have soup a few times a week. It is easy to make, fills us up, is usually inexpensive and just perfect for cold weather. I love this soup tastes and that it is a complete meal in a bowl, but if you want to change up the recipe, you certainly can.
- Rice: instead of white rice, you can change this to brown rice, a rice mixture or even wild rice. All fo these bring their own flavors and textures but it still tastes amazing.
- Orzo: If you find that you want a change of pace from rice, or just don’t like rice, you can also make this recipe using orzo pasta. This pasta is very small and often times has a similar texture to the rice.
- Meat: While we make this with ground beef, you can certainly make it with ground turkey or chicken, pork or even vegetarian meat crumbles. Each will add something different, but will all taste fantastic.
- Make it vegetarian: In addition to using vegetarian meat crumbles, you can make this a completely vegetarian soup by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
How to Store Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
If you have stuffed green pepper soup leftover when you make this for dinner, you can save it for leftovers for easy lunches or dinners. Be sure to wrap the soup well with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. You can also use airtight containers. The soup will last for several days when stored properly.
Can Stuffed Pepper Soup Be Frozen
I’ve gotten in the habit of freezing leftover soup or even making an entire batch just to freeze, for quick and easy meals in the future. Slow cooker soups are great meal prep too! This Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is no exception, it reheats well and makes a delicious hearty lunch so I often divide the batch into several containers that I send with my husband for lunch. Or I’ll freeze a batch and then just heat it back up when I need a quick dinner. Use this as a freezer meal. Pull it out when you know you will be short on time but still want a home cooked meal.
Heating Bell Pepper Soup
If you find that the rice has soaked a large amount of the broth of this soup, some of it will be released when it is heated through. If you are still wanting more broth, simply add more beef stock when you are reheating this soup. Adding water is another option. You can also add beef bullion cubes to the soup when you add water if you are unhappy with the flavor.
Ingredients in Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
Brown the burger in a pan, drain completely. Chop onions, red and green peppers.
Add cooked and drained beef to the bottom of the crockpot. Add diced onions.
Next, add chopped peppers to the slow cooker.
Pour tomato sauce over vegetables and burger.
Then, add canned tomatoes.
Add beef broth.
Then, add white rice.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Pin this hearty Stuffed Pepper Soup for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 c. Onion chopped
- 2 c. Bell peppers chopped
- 15 oz. Can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions
- 15 oz. Can tomato sauce
- 3 c. Beef broth
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. White rice
- Brown your meat and drain completely. Place the drained meat into the slow cooker.
- Add in the chopped onion and chopped bell pepper.
- Stir in the can of diced tomatoes, the tomato sauce and the beef broth.
- Mix in the oregano and basil, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in 1 cup of rice, place the lid on the slow cooker, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Stir and serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for later use.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Slow Cooker Shepherd’s Pie – The hardest part is smelling the shepherd’s pie ground beef recipe cooking and not being able to devour it.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe – This Crockpot cinnamon raisin bread allows you to have a hands-off approach while cooking it.
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon Recipe – If you crave the rich taste of Beef Bourguignon, then this is the recipe you need. Made in the slow cooker, this recipe is easy to make.
Crockpot Goulash Recipe – American goulash is an old-fashioned meal that is sure to keep your taste buds happy and your belly full.