Cheddar Cheese Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These Cheddar Cheese Muffins are an easy-to-make treat that is sure to be a hit with everyone! These muffins are light and fluffy, with a delicious cheddar cheese flavor that can’t be beaten.
They’re perfect for a quick breakfast or snack, and they’re great for taking on the go!
Plus, they’re so simple to make that even the most novice baker can make them with ease. Enjoy these tasty muffins anytime you’re in the mood for something cheesy and delicious!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Cheddar Cheese Muffins?
- I love Cheddar Cheese Muffins because they are quick and easy to make, and they always turn out delicious.
- They are great for a quick breakfast or snack, and they’re perfect for taking on the go. The cheddar cheese flavor is rich and flavorful, and the muffins are light and fluffy.
- Plus, they’re so simple to make that even the most novice baker can make them with ease.
- I love having these muffins whenever I’m in the mood for something cheesy and delicious!
Cheddar Cheese Muffins Tips
Here are my top tips for making the best cheddar cheese muffins:
- Use sharp cheddar cheese. This will give your muffins the most flavor.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in tough muffins.
- Use freshly grated cheese if possible. Pre-shredded cheese often doesn’t melt as well.
- Bake the muffins until they’re golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes before serving. This will help them to stay moist and fluffy.
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Baking soda
- Sour cream
- Large eggs
- Butter unsalted and melted
How to make Cheddar Cheese Muffins:
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2. Place the ingredients into a mixing bowl, and beat until well combined.
Step 3. Spoon the batter into 12 sections of a muffin tin that have been well-greased or lined with cupcake liners. Fill each one to the top with the batter.
Step 4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Cheddar Cheese Muffins
- 2 C. All purpose flour
- ¼ C. Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 C. Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 C. Sour cream
- 2 Large eggs
- ¼ C. Butter , unsalted and melted
- ¼ C. Milk
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the ingredients into a mixing bowl, and beat until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into 12 sections of a muffin tin that have been well greased or lined with cupcake liners. Fill each one to the top with the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Cheddar Cheese Muffins Variations
- Add some chopped green onions or chives to the batter for a little bit of a different flavor.
- Mix in some cooked bacon or ham for a heartier muffin.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of diced jalapeños for a spicy kick.
- Substitute the cheddar cheese for another type of cheese, like Gruyere or Swiss.
- Top the muffins with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese before baking for an extra cheesy flavor.
Add-in options for these savory muffins
There are lots of options that you can add to these cheese muffins.
Make Ahead Instructions
Prep the muffins and place them in the fridge until you are ready to bake. They are good for up to 24 hours in advance.
How to Store Cheddar Cheese Muffins
While they taste better fresh, you can save leftovers. Store the cooled muffins in a container with a tight-fitting lid. They will last at room temperature for 1-2 days.
When to serve Cheddar Cheese Muffins
This cheddar muffin recipe is great for brunch, breakfast, or even an easy snack. Serve with other breakfast foods or by itself.
More Easy Muffins:
Ham and Egg Muffins – Another tasty savory option.
Glazed Donut Muffins – A sweet and delicious recipe!
Mini Meatloaf Muffins – Super easy and flavorful.
Mini Corn Dog Muffins – Kid-friendly recipe!