Corn and Shrimp Fritters Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Are you looking for a unique, flavorful dish that can be served as an appetizer or the main course? Then look no further than corn and shrimp fritters – they are sure to tantalize your taste buds with such an irresistible combination of flavors!
This Corn and Shrimp Fritters recipe is a savory, spicy treat that will have your taste buds dancing. It’s a great appetizer, snack, or main course when served with a side salad. It’s easy to make and comes together quickly.
The star of this recipe is the succulent shrimp, which are lightly fried to perfection in a batter that has a hint of heat and a nice crunch. The sweet corn adds a wonderful sweetness and the jalapenos provide a hint of spice that will tantalize your taste buds. The fritters are finished off with a sprinkle of cilantro for added flavor. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover corn or shrimp you have in the fridge. Serve this delicious dish with a cool, creamy dip for an easy crowd-pleasing meal.
This delicious duo is topped off to create a one-of-a-kind flavor experience. So get ready to indulge yourself in the divine tastiness of this special dish – let’s dive right into making some heavenly corn and shrimp fritters!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Corn and Shrimp Fritters Recipe?
I absolutely love this corn and shrimp fritters recipe because it’s so easy to make yet still packs a flavorful punch.
- Corn and Shrimp Fritters are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer or snack that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- This recipe is a great way to enjoy the flavors of both shrimp and corn without having to make two separate dishes.
- The ingredients used in this recipe are simple and easy to find in most grocery stores.
- You can easily adjust the ingredients to make the fritters fit your family’s tastes.
- The fritters can be served hot or cold, making them a great option for any occasion.
- The combination of flavors in the Corn and Shrimp Fritters is unique and delicious.
- This recipe is a great way to get creative in the kitchen and impress your friends and family.
- The fritters are great for entertaining, as they can be made ahead of time and then reheated when needed.
- The texture and crunch of the fritters are something that everyone will love.
- The fritters are also a great way to get some healthy ingredients into your diet.
- Corn and Shrimp Fritters are a great option for a light and healthy meal or snack.
Corn and Shrimp Fritters Recipe Tips
When making corn and shrimp fritters, it’s important to keep a few key things in mind.
First of all, make sure you use fresh ingredients – frozen or canned ingredients won’t produce the same flavor as using freshly cooked items.
Second, be sure to cook your shrimp until they are just barely done – overcooking them could result in rubbery shrimp.
Finally, don’t skimp on the herbs and spices! Adding these extra flavors will take your fritters from good to unforgettable. A pinch of paprika or chili powder can really add some heat while adding fresh herbs such as minced parsley or cilantro will give you an extra burst of flavor for each bite.
- Cooked shrimp chopped
- Hushpuppy mix with onion
- Chunky salsa
- Large egg
- Green onions chopped
- Frozen corn
- Creole seasoning
- Oil for frying
Step 1. Heat several inches of oil in a deep-sided skillet to 350 degrees.
Step 2. Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes.
Step 3. Drop the batter by the spoonful into the heated oil, and cook until golden brown.
Step 4. Drain the fritters on a paper towel-lined plate, and serve.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Corn and Shrimp Fritters Recipe
- 8 oz. Cooked shrimp chopped
- 1 C. Hushpuppy mix with onion
- ½ C. Chunky salsa
- 1 Large egg
- 2 Green onions chopped
- 1 C. Frozen corn
- ½ tsp. Creole seasoning
- Oil for frying
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Heat several inches of oil in a deep-sided skillet to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Drop the batter by the spoonful into the heated oil, and cook until golden brown.
- Drain the fritters on a paper towel-lined plate, and serve.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Corn and Shrimp Fritters Recipe Variations
The great thing about this corn and shrimp fritters recipe is that it can easily be adjusted to suit any taste.
- For a spicier version, try adding chili powder or jalapenos to the mix.
- If you’re looking for something a little milder, simply omit those ingredients and swap in some freshly chopped herbs like dill or basil instead.
- You can also switch up the type of shrimp used in the recipe – try using large prawns instead of small shrimp for a heartier dish.
- You could even add diced vegetables such as bell peppers or mushrooms for an extra dose of nutrients and flavor!
How long does it take to prepare the Corn and Shrimp Fritters?
It only takes about 10–15 minutes to prep the corn and shrimp fritters. They cook pretty quickly, so you’ll need another 10–15 minutes for cooking as well.
How many servings does the Corn and Shrimp Fritters recipe make?
You should end up with around 4 servings, but you can adjust the recipe to make more or less depending on your needs.
What type of cooking oil should be used for the Corn and Shrimp Fritters?
You can use vegetable oil, peanut oil, sunflower oil, or canola oil. Or any other mild-flavored oil to cook them.
What is the ideal temperature for frying the Corn and Shrimp Fritters?
Ideally, when frying most food (including these corn and shrimp fritters), you should aim for oil that is 350 degrees. It cooks at a great pace without causing them to burn or be underdone. I don’t recommend going above 375 degrees because they will burn or cook very dark.
What type of accompaniments can be served with the Corn and Shrimp Fritters?
This recipe for shrimp fritters goes great with ranch dressing, sour cream, cocktail sauce, avocado ranch, tabasco, or anything else you like. Don’t forget to add some green onions or other herbs on top!
What tips can be used to make sure the Corn and Shrimp Fritters are cooked evenly?
- Make sure the oil is hot. Adding the fritters to warm instead of hot oil will make them soggy and not as crispy.
- When you aren’t making the fritters, store the batter in the refrigerator. This will prevent the batter from getting too soft.
What variations can be made to the Corn and Shrimp Fritters recipe?
- Add some chopped fresh herbs. Basil, oregano, parsley, or dill are all tasty!
- Cook some bacon so it’s crispy, and chop it up. Add some cooked bacon for some extra flavor.
- Ham is another tasty addition. You can swap the shrimp for the ham or include it in addition.
- Don’t forget some cheese. Any kind of cheese you like works great. Just add 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup, so it’s not too cheesy.
What is the best way to store leftover Corn and Shrimp Fritters?
It’s important to note that these shrimp and corn fritters are best when fresh. However, save leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the air fryer with a little oil on both sides. Warm at 375 for 3–5 minutes, or until hot. You can also reheat it in a skillet with a little bit of oil and heat it until crispy.
More east fritter recipes?
Cheesy Chicken Fritters Recipe – The recipe was easy to follow and the fritters were ready in no time.
Zucchini Parmesan Cheese Fritters – Serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping and enjoy!
Apple Fritters – SO GOOOD, an apple pie with a crumbly streusel topping.