When you sink your teeth into this Delicious Cannoli Cupcakes Recipe, you will feel like you have entered food heaven! These cannoli cupcakes are truly irresistible. They have fluffy French vanilla cake that is topped with a creamy mascarpone cheese topping and a decadent chocolate ganache. As soon as you taste the cupcakes, you can’t help but want more and more!
Cannoli Cupcakes Recipe
I have always been a fan of cannoli because of its incredible flavor and texture. It’s like the perfect dessert that is great for any occasion. Transforming two of my favorite things, cannolis and cupcakes, is a dream come true. The best of both worlds in an easy to make and scrumptious treat that’s completely transportable! 🙂 I promise if you make these cannoli cupcakes for your friends and family, they are going to be super impressed and begging for the recipe. They are so playful, elegant, and tasty; it’s impossible not to want more.
We love celebrating anniversaries, birthdays, and even baby showers with these cannoli cupcakes. They win over a group so fast it’s not even funny, and there is rarely any leftover. I usually have to have one before the party, so I know I get to indulge a little. There is no greater satisfaction than watching everyone enjoy something you made!
Can I Use Ready Made Frosting Instead?
While ready-made frosting is very convenient and easy to find, it’s not near as flavorful as the homemade mascarpone frosting in this recipe. If I am in a pinch or don’t have mascarpone on hand, I would consider using a commercially packaged cream cheese icing. You could for sure use something that’s not homemade, and I am sure it will taste good. But it won’t be that decadent and fantastic flavor you get when you make it yourself. Give it a try both ways and see which you like better and go with that.
Can I Use This Recipe for a Cannoli Cake Instead?
Yes, absolutely, you can transform this recipe into a cannoli cake if you want to. The main thing that is going to be different is the baking time. You would need to extend it and follow the directions on the box for the size of cake you are making. When you are cooking cupcakes, they tend to bake a lot faster because they are so much smaller than a large cake. If you are planning to make a really large sheet pancake, you may need to double the recipe to ensure you have enough.
How Can I Make Sure My Cupcakes Are Moist?
Nobody wants to eat a dry, dense cupcake, and I am sure you don’t either. Thankfully, I have a few tips that will help you prevent that from happening and giving you the best cannoli cupcakes every time. It’s important that you follow this cannoli cupcakes recipe closely because those little things matter. Okay, there are some tips for you to give you the best moist cupcakes ever:
- Don’t overbeat the batter. I know it’s very tempting to keep mixing it just to make sure that it’s well mixed. However, if you mix it for too long, it causes there to be air bubbles in the cupcake batter. When you bake them, those tiny air bubbles burst as the heat up and will make the cupcakes dense and not that fluffy, moist way you want.
- Use quality ingredients. If you opt for the cheapest or use ingredients that are outdated, you will not end up with a good result. Make sure to use the best instead. Now, you can get away with using off-brands when you are cooking, but when it comes to baking, quality is more important.
- Room temperature butter and eggs are the way to go. It’s vital to use room temperature eggs and butter when you are baking. Many of us skip that step and don’t think it will matter, but it does. If you want them to be moist, let those ingredients sit out for an hour or so before making this cannoli cupcakes recipe.
- Never overbake the cannoli cupcakes. If you don’t keep a close watch on them, they will become dry, and all that moistness will be zapped out of them. Watch them and don’t bake them for too long.
While it may look like a lot of ingredients, it truly isn’t. And even if there were a lot, don’t worry, they are worth every ounce of effort you put into making this beautiful cannoli cupcakes recipe.
- French vanilla cake mix
- Large eggs
- Whole milk
- Unsalted sweet cream butter
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cupcake liners
- Mascarpone Cheese, softened
- Powder sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Medium ice cream scoop
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cannoli’s Cut in half
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Cannoli Cupcakes
Now comes the good part…directions on how to create these amazing cupcakes at home. Check out these directions, and you will be munching on some in no time.
First Step: Prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and warm the oven to 350 degrees F.
Second Step: Beat together all the ingredients for the cupcake batter, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Third Step: Place batter into the cupcake liners and fill them until they are 2/3 full.
Fourth Step: Bake the cannoli cupcakes for 21 minutes, and when they are done, all them to cool down all the way.
Mascarpone Cheese Frosting:
First Step: Use a stand mixer and beat together the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until they are combined.
Second Step: Mix in the mini chocolate chips.
Third Step: Using an ice cream scooper, place a dollop of frosting on each of the cupcakes.
First Step: Using a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream until it starts to boil.
Second Step: Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and pour the heavy whipping cream on top. Allow it to sit for a couple of minutes.
Third Step: Whisk until it’s smooth and creamy, then pour into a squeeze bottle.
First Step: Drizzle chocolate ganache over the top of the mascarpone frosting.
Second Step: Add a piece of cannoli in the middle of the cupcake.
Third Step: Devor every last crumb!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 box of french vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C whole milk
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 ½ C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cupcake liners
- 2 C Mascarpone Cheese, softened
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ C mini chocolate chips
- 1 medium ice cream scoop
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- 12 Cannoli's Cut in half
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a standing mixer or hand beater, beat until combined all cupcake
ingredients until smooth
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners about 2/3 way full
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes
- Allow to cool completely
Mascarpone Cheese Frosting:
- Using a standing mixer, beat the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together until combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop a dollop of the frosting onto the cupcakes
- Heat the heavy whipping cream in a small pot until starts to boil
- Pour the heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl
- Allow to sit for a few minutes
- Whisk until smooth
- Pour into a squeeze bottle
- Drizzle the ganache over the mascarpone frosting
- Place a cannoli in the middle
Makes 24 cupcakes
Still hungry for cupcakes? No problem! These cupcakes are just as dreamy as the cannoli cupcakes.
Best Ever Snickers Cupcakes – Everything you love about the classic candy bar only in a cupcake! It’s a must-have!
Samoas Cookie Cupcakes – If you love Samoas Cookies, you will for sure be in love with these cupcakes! They are amazing.
White Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cupcakes – There is so much to love about these delicious cupcakes. Try them and see.
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting – If you are craving something sweet but don’t want chocolate, these are for you! Heavenly!