Best Ever Snickers Cupcakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for the best homemade chocolate cupcake recipe? These Snickers Cupcakes with caramel buttercream are perfect. Rich and delicious, if you are a fan of Snickers, you are going to love these cupcakes.
Best Ever Snickers Cupcakes Recipe
Snickers Cupcakes with a caramel coated Snickers filling, rich caramel frosting, and topped with caramel drizzle and chopped Snickers. These cupcakes are what dreams are made of! I don’t usually eat candy bars, but if I do it will always be a Snickers. Consisting of peanut nougat, roasted peanuts, caramel, and chocolate it is easy to see how the annual global sales of Snickers are more than 2 billion a year! So what is your favorite candy bar? Have you ever tried cooking/baking with them?
Can I Make Candy Bar Cupcakes with a Cake Mix?
If you prefer to make your candy bar cupcakes with a cake mix that is fine. It saves time to use a mix and most mixes taste almost as good as homemade.
How to Cut Snickers Bars Easily
When you are cutting the Snickers Bars, you might be struggling to get the Snickers bars to cut easily. It is important to use a sharp knife when cutting. To make cutting easier you can freeze the Snickers first. You do not want to make the Snickers are frozen but you do not want to make them frozen too much that makes then hard to cut.
How to Store the Snicker bar Cupcakes
Once you have made these cupcakes, you want to make sure to store them properly so that they last. When storing the cupcakes, you need to protect the cupcakes from the air. You want to store the cupcakes in an airtight container. This keeps the cupcakes from getting stale. You do not want to store the cupcakes in the refrigerator because this will cause the cupcakes to get dried out faster. If you need to freeze some of the cupcakes to prevent them from going stale, you will want to freeze the cupcakes before you put them into a freezer bag or container. Put the finished cupcakes on a plate or a cookie sheet. Once they are frozen, then you can move them to a freezer bag. This will prevent the cupcakes from sticking to each other and losing the frosting on the plastic.
Ingredients for Caramel Buttercream
- Powdered sugar
- Fun-size Snickers bars
Ingredients for Homemade Chocolate Cupcake
- Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Hot water
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Coarse salt
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Sour cream
Ingredients in Caramel Sauce and Filling
- Dark brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Fun-size Snickers bars
How to Make Snickers Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream
To make the cupcakes
In a two-cup glass measuring cup, whisk together the cocoa powder and hot water until smooth; set aside.
To make the filling
Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the salt and brown sugar and heat the mixture to boiling, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, until the sugar is totally dissolved. Stir in the milk and return to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm, about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To make the frosting
Looking for More Candy Recipes
If you are looking for more candy dessert ideas, you are going to love these other ideas. These desserts either feature candy or have a taste similar to candy. once you check them out, you are going to love them.
- Buckeye Peanut Butter Cheesecake Layer Cake – If you love chocolate, peanut butter, and cheesecake then this is the cheesecake for you. This chocolate layer cake is combined with peanut butter cheesecake and makes one of the best desserts ever.
- Caramel Pecan White Chocolate Fudge – Looking for a delicious white chocolate fudge recipe? Not only is this a delicious homemade fudge recipe, but it is also so easy. This is a microwave fudge. It doesn’t get any easier than that.
- Pumpkin Spice Easy Fudge Recipe – If you are looking for an easy fudge recipe, then this is the perfect fall recipe. This pumpkin spice fudge is amazing and so easy to make.
- Stuffed Pumpkin Rolo Cookie Recipe -Looking for a delicious stuffed cookies recipe? Wait until you try this pumpkin cookie recipe. These Pumpkin Spice Cookies are actually a Stuffed Pumpkin Rolo Cookie.
- Christmas Crack Saltine Toffee – One of the most popular Christmas Desserts ever is Christmas Crack. Christmas Crack is a simple recipe to make Saltine Cracker Toffee. Rich and delicious, this is an easy recipe that everyone loves.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Best Ever Snickers Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 16 tablespoons 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream, at room temperature
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Filling:
- 12 fun-size Snickers bars, chopped
For the Caramel Frosting:
- 3 ½ to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 8 fun-size Snickers bars, chopped
- To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a two-cup glass measuring cup, whisk together the cocoa powder and hot water until smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and the sugar, stirring occasionally until the butter is melted and mixture is combined. Remove from the heat and transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium-low speed until the mixture is cooled, about 4-5 minutes. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Mix in vanilla and cocoa mixture until incorporated. With the mixer on low speed add in the dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with the sour cream, beating just until combined.
- Fill the cupcake papers three-quarters full, making sure that the batter is divided evenly. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the filling, melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the salt and brown sugar and heat the mixture to boiling, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, until the sugar is totally dissolved. Stir in the milk and return to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm, about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, use a paring knife or apple corer to cut out a small circle in the center of each cupcake.
- Remove the core and discard.
- To make the cupcake filling, in a medium bowl, combine the chopped Snickers and 1/4 cup of the cooled caramel sauce and mix to coat. Drop a spoonful of the filling mixture into each cupcake.
- Reserve three tablespoons of caramel sauce for drizzling over frosted cupcakes.
- To make the frosting, transfer remaining caramel sauce to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the powdered sugar and beat on medium-high speed until until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Adjust consistency with a little more milk or powdered sugar, if necessary.
- Transfer the frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip. Pipe a spiral of icing, beginning at the outer edge and working inward. Drizzle the frosted cupcakes with the three tablespoons of caramel sauce and garnish with chopped Snickers bars.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Want More Cake Recipes:
If you love layer cake recipes, you are going to love these other simple cake recipes.
Chocolate Earthquake Cake Recipe – Looking for the best Chocolate Earthquake Cake Recipe? Look no further. Chocolate cake mixed with cheesecake mixed in is the best combination of dessert you can ask for. With Earthquake Cake, there is no reason to choose between chocolate brownie-like cake and cheesecake. This dessert is the perfect choice for someone who loves both chocolate cake and cheesecake.
Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe – Easy and delicious, this Instant Pot apple cake will knock your socks off! This apple cake has just the right amount of cinnamon, and Granny Smith diced apples. When the weather cools, and apples are in season. It’s so fun to come up with lots of different apple recipes.
Better Than Sex Pumpkin Cake – This Better Than Sex Cake Pumpkin Cake is the best pumpkin cake recipe you’ll ever make. There’s only a handful of ingredients, so it’s easy to make, and it’ll impress everyone you know!
Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake – This Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake is a sweet but tart cake with delicious cherry frosting and a splash of Dr. Pepper flavor. It’s a hit with kids and adults alike and, bonus; it’s so easy to make!
Cherry Almond Bundt Cake – This Cherry Almond Bundt Cake is a light and delicious dessert cake, full of flavor and topped with sweet and tasty cream cheese glaze. A great cake any time of the year, whether served at a summer potluck or holiday party. This is one bundt cake recipe you will want to make.