Easy Pumpkin Muffins with Crumb Topping
I love the streusel topping on these muffins. Everything about these muffins remind me of bakery style muffins.
Can I Freeze These Pumpkin Streusel Muffins?
Whenever I make these pumpkin streusel muffins, I like to make extras because these muffins freeze beautifully. The muffins are great as a freezer meal. Bake the muffins and then wrap each muffin well with plastic wrap.
Be sure that the muffin is wrapped otherwise it will get freezer burn. After wrapping each muffin, you can store it in a freezer bag, several together, to give it another layer protection. The muffins will last up to 3 months in the freezer and still taste fresh.
How to Store Pumpkin Muffins
When you make these pumpkin muffins, you will want to store them at room temperature. Any kind of cake, or muffin, is best when stored at room temperature whenever possible. Sometimes, when there is a cheesecake, cream cheese or similar filling or frosting, will need to be refrigerated, however, since there isn’t anything in this muffin that requires refrigeration so it is best to store these at room temperature.
When storing these muffins, make sure to keep the muffins covered from the air. Using an airtight container or freezer bag, these muffins need to be wrapped in order to taste fresh and not get hard and stale.
Can I Turn This Into a Pumpkin Crumb Cake?
When making this recipe for easy pumpkin muffins it is easy to turn this into a pumpkin crumb cake. If you want to turn this into a pumpkin crumb cake, you will want to start by putting the pumpkin cake batter into an 8*8 casserole dish.
After the cake batter is in the pan, make the crumb topping and add it to the top of the cake batter. The cake will bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
How to Make Crumb Topping for Muffins
When you are making a muffin that has a crumb topping, like streusel, you will need butter, sugar, and flour. These ingredients are combined to create the crumb topping. Oftentimes, these crumb toppings are also made using a seasoning, like cinnamon or in this case pumpkin pie seasoning. The crumb topping is the will come together in a clumpy sand mixture.
After adding the batter to the cupcake papers, the crumb topping will be added on top. This creates part of the muffin that has the topping while there are other parts that come up between the topping to give a streusel texture to the top of the muffin.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- pumpkin pie spice
- canola oil
- brown sugar
- pumpkin puree
- whole milk
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Muffins
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until combined.
In a standing mixer, mix together the oil, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs and milk together until combined
Gradually mix in the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until combined
Scoop batter into the cupcake liners, about 3/4 way full
In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until combined
Mix in the melted butter with a fork until crumbly
Spoon some crumb topping onto the muffin batter
Place into the oven and bake for 5 minutes
Once the timer goes off, decrease the oven temperature to 350 and continue to bake for 16 minutes
Allow to cool completely on the counter before enjoying!
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 C whole milk
- 2/4 C flour
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 6 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until combined.
- In a standing mixer, mix together the oil, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs and milk together until combined
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until combined
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners, about 3/4 way full
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until combined
- Mix in the melted butter with a fork until crumbly
- Spoon some crumb topping onto the muffin batter
- Place into the oven and bake for 5 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, decrease the oven temperature to 350 and continue to bake for 16 minutes
- Allow to cool completely on the counter before enjoying!
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie Recipe – Pumpkin meringue pie has all the traditional flavors of pumpkin pie with even more pizzazz! You will find a delicious pumpkin pie filling topped with a luscious meringue.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe – These fantastic and scrumptious pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect for fall weather! Every single bite is utterly delicious and hits the spot when you are craving all things pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Bread with maple icing – This pumpkin bread recipe is an easy pumpkin bread that’s great for sharing…if you can stop yourself from eating the entire loaf yourself!
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake – These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake is one of my favorite bundt cake recipes for fall. It’s both easy and delicious and looks beautiful on any dessert table!
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts – Pumpkin spice season is officially here! If you’re a pumpkin spice lover like me, you absolutely MUST try these pumpkin spice doughnuts!
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe – This flavorful pumpkin spice coffee cake is a yummy treat just in time for all the fall weather that’s coming. Once you taste this pumpkin coffee cake, you will feel like you are living in food heaven.