Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Fed up with the same old breakfast options? looking for something new to spice up your morning routine? then this hash brown breakfast casserole is for you!
This Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is the perfect way to start your day! It’s a delicious and hearty combination of hash browns, eggs, cheese, and bacon that will leave you feeling full and satisfied. The hash browns are cooked until golden and crispy, then topped with a mixture of eggs, cheese, and bacon. Bake it in the oven until golden and bubbly for a delicious breakfast casserole that is sure to please.
it’s simple, satisfying, and perfect for a weekend brunch with friends. all you need is some eggs, cheese, and a few toppings of your choice to get started.
So why not give it a try?
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole?
- Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is a delicious and hearty combination of ingredients that will keep you full and satisfied.
- It is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time for a quick and easy breakfast.
- It is a great way to use up any leftover ingredients you may have in your fridge.
- It is packed with protein and nutrients, making it a great breakfast for any day.
- You can customize the casserole to your liking with different ingredients and toppings.
Should I thaw frozen hash browns before cooking?
If using frozen hashbrowns, it is better to leave them frozen when you begin cooking them. Thawing will cause them to become sticky and mushy because the texture changes as they defrost.
Can I use fresh hash browns instead of frozen ones?
Sure! Shred the potatoes evenly and cook. They will cook slightly faster than frozen hashbrowns, but they are a simple substitution.
What do you eat with a hash brown casserole?
Hash brown casserole can be eaten on its own without anything else. or you can make an entire feast. Here are some ideas:
- Fresh Fruit
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Hash browns
- Cream Cheese
- Breakfast Sausage
- Shredded Cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
How To Make Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole:
Step 1. In a skillet over medium heat cook sausages until brown.
Step 2. Break apart in a bowl and mix with cream cheese.
Step 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 4. Cook hash browns in a skillet until brown.
Then layer the along the bottom of the casserole pan (13×9).
Step 5. Put the cream cheese and sausage on top of the hash browns, then top with shredded cheese.
Step 6. Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder and whisk.
Step 7. Pour mixture over hash browns and place in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until cooked.
IT’S SO GOOD!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- 32 oz Shredded Hash browns
- 16 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 lbs Breakfast Sausage
- 2 C Shredded Cheese
- 8 Eggs
- 2 C Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper, Garlic powder, Onion powder
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook sausages until brown.
- Break apart in a bowl and mix with cream cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook hash browns in skillet until brown then layer the along the bottom of casserole pan (13×9).
- Put the cream cheese and sausage on top of the hash browns then top with shredded cheese.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and whisk.
- Pour mixture over hash browns and place in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until
- Serve and enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Don't forget to PIN this easy recipe:
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole Tips
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect hash brown breakfast casserole:
- Use frozen hash browns for ease and convenience. There’s no need to thaw them first – just add them straight from the freezer to the casserole dish.
- If you prefer, you can use fresh hash browns. Just be sure to cook them before adding them to the casserole so they’re nice and crispy.
- For extra flavor, try mixing in some shredded cheese into the hash browns before assembling the casserole.
- Don’t forget the diced tomatoes! They add a nice pop of color and flavor to the dish.
- This casserole can be made ahead of time and reheated when you’re ready to eat. Just be sure to let it cool completely before storing in the fridge.
- If you want a really crispy top, you can broil the casserole for a few minutes before serving. Just keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole Variations
If you’re looking for a change from the traditional hash brown breakfast casserole, there are plenty of ways to mix things up. Here are a few of my favorite variations:
- For a Southwest twist, mix in some diced green chiles, shredded Mexican cheese, and chopped cilantro.
- Try adding some cooked sausage or ham for a heartier dish.
- Mix in some sautéed veggies like onions, peppers, or mushrooms.
- Use different kinds of cheese for different flavors. Cheddar is classic, but you could also try Swiss, Gruyère, or even goat cheese.
How Long to Bake
You will need to bake for about 45 minutes. The eggs need to be cooked all the way through. So check them, and if they are still jiggly, then you should add more baking time. Add 5-10 minutes and check again. Bake until the eggs are cooked through.
What About the Leftovers?
Allow the hash brown breakfast casserole time to cool, then cover and place it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can you prep Sausage Breakfast Casserole Overnight?
Yes, follow all of the directions except for baking the casserole. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to bake.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Keep it in a food-safe airtight container, and it will last for 4 days. Reheat before eating.
Wrap each piece of breakfast casserole in a piece of plastic wrap. Then put all of them in a freezer container. They will last up to three months. Grab an individual serving or as many servings as you need and reheat.
How do you reheat hash brown casserole?
You can place the casserole in the oven and heat it at 350 degrees for 12–15 minutes or until it’s hot. Or you can place it on a plate and microwave it for 1-2 minutes or until hot.
Easy Make Ahead Breakfasts:
Healthy Hashbrown Bake – So good and great for entertaining!
Christmas Breakfast Casserole – So delicious!
Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole – Filled with sweet ingredients!
Meat & Cheese Croissant Overnight Casserole – A little planning, and you’ll have an easy breakfast!