Healthy and Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
Can you freeze smoothies?
Do I have to Make This a Greek Yogurt Smoothie
Can I leave the banana out of this peanut butter smoothie?
If you are making this peanut butter smoothie, and you either do not have bananas on hand or do not like the taste of the bananas, you can keep the banana out. By omitting the banana, however, the smoothie will not be as thick. If the smoothie needs to be thicker, you can thicken it by adding more fruit or you can blend ice into the smoothie. If you want the smoothie thinner, you can just leave it the way it is.
Ingredients for chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie
- milk or almond milk
- vanilla Greek yogurt
- creamy peanut butter
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make a chocolate peanut butter smoothie
Combine bananas, milk, yogurt, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla in a large blender or food processor.
Blend/process until smooth.
Serve cold, immediately.
To make the smoothie bowl thick, more like soft-serve ice cream consistency and easier to eat with a spoon, be sure to freeze the yogurt, as well.
More Breakfast Recipes
Want more breakfast recipes? These are more easy breakfast recipes that if you make ahead, will save you time and money. Make these breakfast ideas and have a healthy breakfast every day of the week no matter how busy you are.
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Variations – With this easy breakfast casserole with variations, you can take a simple egg-based breakfast and change it to whatever kind of breakfast you like. Add bacon, sausage or ham. Add vegetables or whatever else you like in a breakfast casserole. Make it on the weekend or a day you have time and then eat a slice in the morning by heating it up in the microwave.
- Meat and Cheese Croissant Overnight Breakfast Casserole – This is a breakfast that is made for champions. Meat and cheese combined with eggs and crescent rolls are so good, you will want to eat this every day. Use this as a cook once and eat twice type of meal.
- Copycat Starbucks PB&J Sandwich – Almond Butter, Strawberries and Jam – Don’t spend a fortune for breakfast eat day. Make this Copycat Starbucks PB&J Sandwich at home and save yourself a lot of money. It also lets you have this sandwich anytime you want it. No need to worry about it being sold out.
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts – These pumpkin donuts are so good and very easy to make. Much healthier than store-bought doughnuts, these are baked not fried and can be made ahead and stored in the freezer to keep them fresh.
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake – This tangy-sweet coffee cake is simply delicious and bursting with lemon and blueberry flavor. This will be a coffee cake you will want to savor while drinking your morning coffee. With just the right amount of sweetness, you have to try this cake to believe it.
Looking for a delicious chocolate peanut butter smoothie recipe? This smoothie is not only great, but it is also healthy too. With protein and fruit, this is a smoothie recipe you will love.
- 2 large overripe bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 3/4 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container vanilla Greek yogurt, (or 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine bananas, milk, yogurt, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla in a large blender or food processor.
- Blend/process until smooth.
- Serve cold, immediately.
- To make the smoothie bowl thick, more like soft serve ice cream consistency and easier to eat with a spoon, be sure to freeze the yogurt, as well.
Makes 1 large smoothie, or 2 small.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter smoothie
Save this on Pinterest for later 🙂