Pumpkin Apple Instant Pot Cake Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for a delicious Instant Pot Cake recipe? Wait until you try this Pumpkin Apple Instant Pot Cake recipe. With the amazing tastes of fall, this pumpkin apple cake is made in the Instant Pot for a fast and easy dessert.
If you’re searching for a cake recipe packed with fall flavor, you won’t find a better option than this delicious pumpkin apple cake! In addition to being filled with all the delicious flavors of fall, including crisp apples and luscious pumpkin, this simple recipe can be made in your Instant Pot! That means you’ll get a delicious fall dessert in a fraction of the time it would take to bake without even having to heat up your oven.
Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake Variations
This simple recipe is delicious as is, but there are a few easy ways to change it up. The simplest way to create a variation to my pumpkin apple bundt cake is by swapping out the cream cheese frosting and walnuts for different topping options. Here are a few other toppings you can use on your pumpkin apple cake:
- Vanilla Glaze: If you don’t have cream cheese frosting on hand, try making a simple vanilla glaze by combining one cup powdered sugar with ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract and one to two tablespoons of milk. To make the glaze, just whisk all the ingredients together until smooth and drizzle the glaze over the top of the pumpkin apple cake.
- Melted Chocolate: Chocolate and pumpkin go hand in hand, so topping this delicious pumpkin apple cake with melted chocolate is another delicious variation to consider. Simply melt one cup of chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals until fully melted, then drizzle the melted chocolate over the pumpkin apple bundt cake.
- Additional toppings: While the walnuts in this recipe add a delicious crunch to the pumpkin apple cake, there are other ways you can top this fall dessert. Instead of walnuts, consider adding crushed pecans, mini chocolate chips, powdered sugar, or cinnamon and sugar to the top of your cake.
How do I Cut Apples for this Apple and Cinnamon Cake?
The apples in this apple and cinnamon cake pumpkin are diced. This recipe calls for ½ cup of diced apples, so you’ll only need one apple to make this easy cake. To prepare your apple for baking, start by peeling the skin from the apple using a vegetable peeler. Then, use a fruit dicer to cut the apples or dice them by hand into one-inch pieces. You can also make the pieces smaller or larger based on your preference. If you like crunchier apples in your apple cake, make the pieces larger and if you like your apples cooked more thoroughly, cut the pieces smaller.
Can I Bake this Pumpkin Apple Cake in the Oven?
You can definitely bake this cake in the oven! To make this pumpkin apple bundt cake in the oven, you’ll need to make a few alternations to the recipe. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. You do not need to cover your bundt cake with foil before baking it in the oven.
What Should I Do if My Bundt Cake Sticks to the Pan?
Whether you forgot to spray your bundt cake pan before placing in the Instant Pot or you just didn’t use enough nonstick cooking spray, there are a few ways you can rescue your pumpkin apple cake if it’s stuck to the pan. Start by tapping the sides of the pan with a wooden spoon to help loosen the cake from the sides. Then, place the plate on the top of the bundt cake pan and quickly flip the pan upside down. Jiggle the pan to help loosen it from the sides while holding the plate in place.
If the cake is still stuck to the pan, try placing it in the freezer for one to two hours. Then, run a warm butter knife or thin spatula around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake. Flip the pan over onto a flat surface to release the cake from the pan.
How to Store a Pumpkin Spice Cake with Apples
While traditional bundt cakes can be stored at room temperature in a covered container, this pumpkin spice cake with apple needs to be stored in the refrigerator. Since this bundt cake recipe uses cream cheese icing, it needs to be chilled to prevent the cream cheese from going bad. In addition to storing your cake in the refrigerator, you can also freeze leftover slices! To freeze your pumpkin apple bundt cake, slice the cake into individual pieces, then wrap each piece in plastic wrap. To serve your frozen cake, remove the cake from the freezer and allow it to thaw at room temperature in the plastic wrap.
Ingredients in Pumpkin Apple Instant Pot Cake Recipe
- canned pumpkin
- pie spice
- vegetable oil
- apple cider
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- Cream cheese frosting
- Crushed walnuts for garnish
How to Make Pumpkin Apple Instant Pot Cake
Step 1. Prepare your bundt pan by spraying it liberally with nonstick cooking spray, then set the pan aside.
Step 2. Pour the flour and baking soda into a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
Step 3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the pumpkin, cinnamon, eggs, oil, apple cider, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix on low until fully combined.
Step 4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer bowl, continuing to mix on low until all ingredients are incorporated.
Step 5. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and add diced apples to the batter. Stir lightly until the apples are coated, being careful not to overmix the ingredients of the pumpkin apple cake.
Step 6. Pour the mixture into your prepared bundt pan, making sure not to fill the pan more than ¾ of the way full.
Step 7. Place aluminum foil over the top of the pumpkin apple cake’s bundt pan.
Step 8. Put the trivet inside the Instant Pot and pour two cups of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot’s bowl.
Step 9. Carefully place the pan with your pumpkin apple cake batter inside the Instant Pot and secure the lid.
Step 10. Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 25 minutes.
Step 11. When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, do a natural release and carefully remove the lid.
Step 12. Use the trivet’s handles to carefully remove the pumpkin apple bundt cake and set the cake pan on a wire cooling rack. Remove the foil and allow the cake to cool completely.
Step 13. When the cake is cooled, flip the pan over on a flat surface and remove it from the pan.
Step 14. Top the pumpkin apple cake with cream cheese frosting and crushed walnuts before serving.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Pumpkin Apple Instant Pot Cake Recipe
- 1/2 can pumpkin 15 oz., about 1 cup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup apples, peeled, hull removed, and diced
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cream cheese frosting
- Crushed walnuts for garnish
- Spray the inside of your bundt pan with non stick spray.
- Set to the side.
- In a medium bowl add your flour, baking soda, whisk to combine.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer add your pumpkin, cinnamon, sugar, eggs, oil, apple cider, and pie spice.
- Mix on low to fully combine.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and continue to mix on low to combine.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer.
- Add diced apples and lightly stir to combine.
- Do not over stir.
- Pour your mixture into the bundt pan, 3/4 of the way full.
- Put aluminum foil over the top of your bundt pan.
- Put a trivet inside your Instant Pot.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Put lid on and set to manual.
- High pressure, for 25 minutes.
- Do a natural release.
- Then carefully lift lid, and remove the lid.
- Remove the bundt pan and set to the side.
- Remove the foil.
- Allow the cake to cool before flipping over.
- Top with a cream cheese frosting and crushed walnuts.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Want More Pumpkin Recipes?
If you love pumpkin and can’t get enough of pumpkin recipes, you are going to love these pumpkin and pumpkin spice recipes!
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe, Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake is a tasty way to kickstart your morning.
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie Recipe, A traditional meringue pumpkin pie recipe.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe, a light, moist, and tender bar recipe filled with pumpkin spice and chocolate chips.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe, Light, tender, and bursting with pumpkin flavor.
- Pumpkin Bread with maple icing, an easy pumpkin bread that’s great for sharing.
- Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcake, combine two of fall’s most popular flavors in easy pumpkin cupcakes.
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts, lover like me, you absolutely MUST try these Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts!
- Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole, An ideal Thanksgiving breakfast or fall weekend brunch!
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Cake, There’s only a handful of ingredients, so it’s easy to make, and it’ll impress everyone you know!
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake, It’s both easy and delicious and looks beautiful on any dessert table!