This Instant Pot Shrimp Lo Mein is a quick and easy alternative to takeout, made with just a few ingredients, and so much flavor! It’ll become your go-to Instant Pot shrimp recipe!
Ever since I got my Instant Pot, I have been making everything in it. It has been my go-to for making flavorful and delicious easy meals. Meals that would typically take hours to make can now be done in no time. I think I have been using my Instant Pot about 3 times a week for meals. Since shrimp lo mein is one of my favorite take out meals, I decided it was time to make it in my Instant Pot. Let me tell you, no one will want to get take out when you can make Shrimp Lo Mein this easy at home. Seriously, it is done in 15 minutes.
Variations to Instant Pot Shrimp Recipes
This is one of my favorite Instant Pot Shrimp recipes. It is a classic taste of shrimp lo mein. However, like most of my recipes, there are ways to change up the flavors. When it comes to changing shrimp lo mein you can
- Use chicken or beef: Almost any other meat will taste just as good in this lo mein recipe, however, I am partial to shrimp. Use leftover diced chicken or beef, even ground beef in this recipe for a delicious twist on shrimp lo mein.
- Vegetarian Lo Mein: If you want protein in this dish but want to make it without the meat, try using tofu as the protein.
- Vegetables: Another favorite is vegetable lo mein. You can add vegetables to this recipe. Some of my favorite vegetables in lo mein are peppers, bok choy, carrots, snap peas, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, cabbage.
What to Serve with this Shrimp Lo Mein Recipe
When you add vegetables to this shrimp lo mein recipe it becomes a well-balanced meal. When a recipe has everything it needs already included in the recipe and there is nothing else to worry about making for dinner, that means only one thing. There is time to make dessert. A fast easy dessert is the perfect idea for this fast and easy dinner.
How to a Store Authentic Lo Mein Recipe
When you make this authentic lo mein recipe, you might find you have leftovers. You will want to store the shrimp lo mein in an air tight container in the refrigerator. If storing in a plastic bowl, make sure to cover it well with plastic wrap. The air and moisture in the refrigerator will cause the lo mein to go bad faster.
What is the difference between shrimp lo mein and shrimp chow mein?
Many people mix up lo mein and chow mein. When ordering take out, the hostess or waitress will often make sure you are ordering the right noodles by asking if you want crispy noodles or soft noodles. That is because the dishes are often confused with each other. The difference is in the noodles. The noodles are made using different methods. While both noodles are made as wheat flour egg noodles, chow mein noodles are fried to make them crispy and low mein noodles are boiled to make them soft. The noodles themselves are about the same with nutritional value, the rest of the recipe used with these noodles will determine if it is a healthy recipe or not.
How Long Does Shrimp Lo Mein Last?
When you make shrimp lo mein at home, you are not adding any preservatives. This means that the shrimp lo mein will not last as long as something you bought from the store. Shrimp lo mein, when stored properly, will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How to Reheat this Shrimp Lo Mein Recipe
There are two ways to reheat this shrimp lo mein recipe. You can saute it in a skillet on the stove to heat the recipe all the way through. The other option is to portion out single servings and heat it through in the microwave. Be sure to only heat it long enough to heat it through because anything longer than that can cause the meal to become dried out and hard.
Ingredients in Shrimp Lo Mein
- sesame oil
- spaghetti pasta
- snow peas
- broccoli florets
- red peppers
- chicken broth
- soy sauce
- oyster sauce
- rice wine
- brown sugar
- red pepper flakes
How to Make Instant Pot Shrimp Lo Mein
Set your Instant Pot to saute’.
Add garlic and sesame oil to your instant pot.
Cook garlic until lightly browned.
Add your noodles to the instant pot.
Add your vegetables on top of the noodles.
In a medium bowl, add chicken broth, ginger, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine and brown sugar.
Stir to combine.
Pour your sauce into the pot on top of the vegetables.
Seal your Instant Pot.
Set to Instant Pot to manual, high pressure, for 5 minutes.
When Instant Pot is done cooking, do a quick release.
Remove the lid from Instant Pot.
Add your shrimp.
Stir the noodles with the shrimp several times.
You will see that the water is evaporating.
Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Garnish with chives, red pepper flakes.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta broken in half
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup red peppers thinly sliced.
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Set your Instant Pot to saute'.
- Add garlic and sesame oil to your instant pot.
- Cook garlic until lightly browned.
- Add your noodles to the instant pot.
- Add your vegetables on top of the noodles.
- In a medium bowl, add chicken broth, ginger, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine and brown sugar.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour your sauce into the pot on top of the vegetables.
- Seal your Instant Pot.
- Set to Instant Pot to manual, high pressure, for 5 minutes.
- When Instant Pot is done cooking, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid from Instant Pot.
- Add your shrimp.
- Stir the noodles with the shrimp several times.
- You will see that the water is evaporating.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chives, red pepper flakes.
Make eure you check our best instant pot recipes:
Instant Pot Lentil Soup Recipe – There is nothing better than a hot bowl of this Instant Pot Lentil Soup Recipe on a winter day!
Instant Pot Chicken and Gnocchi soup – If you love chicken and gnocchi soup, this is the best Instant Pot Chicken and Gnocchi soup ever.
Best Instant Pot Cabbage Soup – This is the Best Instant Pot Cabbage Soup recipe because is an easy Instant Pot soup recipe.
Best Ever Instant Pot Roast – Do you love pot roast but can’t wait all day for it to cook? Make the Best Ever Instant Pot Roast Recipe.
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken – One bite, and you will see why it is one of my most requested recipes.