Italian Chicken Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe is a classic Italian dinner dish that is easy to make and packed with flavor. It starts with chicken cooked in a simple combination of olive oil and garlic and is then combined with cooked pasta, tomatoes, and fresh basil.
The flavors of the garlic, tomatoes, and basil combine to create a savory sauce that perfectly complements the chicken and pasta.
This dish is a great way to use up any leftovers you have on hand. It can be served as is or topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. It is also easy to double or triple the recipe if you are cooking for a large group.
Serve with a side salad and some crusty bread for a complete meal.
Enjoy this classic Italian dinner dish that is sure to please the whole family.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
How can I make the Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe more flavorful?
- Add some extra cheese. Whether you go with parmesan, gouda, provolone, mozzarella, or a little bit of cheddar, you can’t go wrong!
- Fresh herbs add flavor and look great too. Consider adding some chopped parsley or oregano and sprinkling on top before serving.
- Sprinkle in a few red pepper flakes or your favorite Italian seasonings.
What can I top the Italian Chicken Pasta with?
- Green onions
- Boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- Spaghetti noodles
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
For the sauce:
- Onion Chopped
- Minced garlic
- Small tomatoes diced
- White cooking wine
- Heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
How to make Italian Chicken Pasta:
Step 1. Cook the spaghetti to your liking, drain and set aside.
Step 2. In a Ziploc bag, combine ½ cup flour, 1 tsp. Salt ¼ tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 2 tsp Italian seasoning. Shake to combine.
Step 3. Add the chicken to the Ziploc back and shake to coat well.
Step 4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat on the stove and add the chicken. Saute until browned on each side and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
Step 5. To the skillet, add the butter and reduce the heat to medium.
Step 6. Mix in the onions and saute until softened.
Step 7. Add in the tomatoes.
Then add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Step 8. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine.
Step 9. Pour in the white cooking wine and saute for several minutes.
Step 10. Stir in the red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
Step 11. Whisk in the heavy whipping cream.
Then, add the parmesan cheese. Saute until the sauce thickens.
Step 12. Stir the cooked spaghetti into the sauce and add the chicken back into the skillet before serving.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Italian Chicken Pasta
- 5 Boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 12 oz. Spaghetti noodles
- ½ C. Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
For the sauce:
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 4 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 Small tomatoes diced
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 C. White cooking wine
- 1 C. Heavy whipping cream
- ½ C. Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Red pepper flakes
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Cook the spaghetti to your liking, drain and set aside.
- In a Ziploc bag, combine ½ cup flour, 1 tsp. Salt ¼ tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder and 2 tsp Italian seasoning. Shake to combine.
- Add the chicken to the Ziploc back and shake to coat well.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat on the stove and add the chicken. Saute until browned on each side and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the butter and reduce the heat to medium.
- Mix in the onions and saute until softened.
- Add in the tomatoes and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour in the white cooking wine and saute for several minutes.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
- Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Saute until the sauce thickens.
- Stir the cooked spaghetti into the sauce and add the chicken back into the skillet before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
How long does it take to make the Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe?
This creamy Italian chicken pasta will be ready to devour in about 50 minutes. It takes a little bit of time, but it’s not hard work or anything.
Can I make the Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe ahead of time?
Yes, prepare the creamy Italian chicken pasta and cook, then refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving, and enjoy.
How should I store the Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe?
Store leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Reheat in a skillet over low-medium heat.
Can I freeze the Italian Chicken Pasta?
While you can freeze the chicken pasta, I recommend leaving out the spaghetti noodles. Freezing pasta can cause it to get gummy or mushy as you reheat it. So instead, prep the sauce and cook the chicken, but leave out the spaghetti. Then cook and add the spaghetti fresh when you are ready to serve.
More Italian-Inspired Dishes
Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi – Enjoy your favorite in the comfort of your home!
Spicy Italian Crescent Ring – Bursting with flavor in every bite!
Chicken Carbonara – Creamy and oh-so-delicious!
Cheesy Turkey Meatball Skillet – Juicy meatballs with tons of flavor.