Creamy Sausage Pasta with Tomatoes
Creamy Sausage Pasta with Tomatoes is a wonderful quick and easy dish for any night of the week! Bow tie pasta is tossed with sweet Italian sausage, crushed tomatoes, and cream. This pasta dish has tons of rich and creamy flavor and the Italian sausage gives it a little kick! This main dish is perfect you are craving an easy meal that looks as good as it tastes!
Can I Use Different Pasta in this Recipe?
This recipe is easy to change around. You can use whatever style of pasta that you like. It is easy to change the pasta in this recipe since the pasta tastes the same just in different shapes. You can use any style of pasta that you enjoy or have on hand.
What is the Best Cheese for Italian Sausage Pasta?
I love topping this Italian sausage pasta with pecorino romano. You can also top this dish with Parmesan cheese. If you have a similar cheese like feta that you like you can use that as well. If you want something that melts and has a creamy texture, you can use mozzarella.
How Long Does Sausage Pasta Last
You want to keep the sausage pasta in the refrigerator in an airtight container. When the pasta is stored correctly, it will last about 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. When you are ready to reheat the pasta, you will want to want to reheat it well.
Can Sausage and Pasta be Frozen?
If you want to make this sausage and pasta as a freezer meal, you can make a batch especially for that or you can make a double batch and use one as a freezer meal. If you are using this as a freezer meal, you will want to store it in an airtight container or in a freezer bag. I like to use a freezer bag so that it can lay flat in the freezer. When you are ready to reheat this sausage and pasta dinner, you can microwave it or heat it in a skillet.
Ingredients for Farfalle Pasta Recipe
- Olive oil
- Sweet Italian sausages
- Dried crushed red pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Crushed tomatoes with added puree
- Whipping cream
- Farfalle pasta
- Fresh basil
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
How to make Sausage Pasta with Tomatoes and Cream
In a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
Sauté until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up, about 5 minutes.
Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes and cream.
Reduce heat to low and simmer until sausage mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender but still firm to bite.
Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
Return pasta to same pot.
Add sausage mixture and toss over medium-low heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if the mixture is dry.
Transfer pasta to serving the dish. Sprinkle with basil and cheese.
Want More Pasta Recipe
If you love pasta as much as I do, you are going love these other pasta recipes. Each one has its own spin rather than just the traditional tomato sauce and pasta. Believe me, you want to try these amazing recipes.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tuscan Pasta – Do you love chicken? Do you love pasta? Wait until you try Chicken Tuscan Pasta. Made in the Instant Pot, this recipe is the perfect combination of ease and flavor. With a creamy garlic sauce, this creamy chicken pasta recipe is too delicious not to try.
- Shrimp Pesto Pasta – This Shrimp Pesto Pasta is a quick, healthy, and easy shrimp and tomato pasta recipe. Though there are only a few ingredients, it’s full of flavor and a great 30-minute meal for any night of the week. Pesto shrimp can easily become a family favorite.
- Simple Bolognese Recipe – Looking for a Simple Bolognese Recipe? This Low Carb Simple Bolognese Recipe is everything you are looking for and more. Easy to make and absolutely delicious, you are going to love this low carb bolognese recipe.
- Best Crockpot Chicken Alfredo – Love Chicken Alfredo? Want to make it at home? You have to try this Crockpot Chicken Alfredo! So easy to make, you can have your favorite alfredo whenever the craving hits.
- Grilled Veggie Lasagna – Looking for a veggie lasagna recipe? This is not only a healthy recipe but the taste is amazing. The grilled vegetables take this from being a basic vegetable lasagna recipe to something so much better.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup (packed) chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add sausage and crushed red pepper. Sauté until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and cream. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sausage mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to same pot. Add sausage mixture and toss over medium-low heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry. Transfer pasta to serving dish. Sprinkle with basil and cheese.
Source: Bon Appétit, January 2006