Prep time: 30 minutes – Cook time: 45 minutes – Additional time: 5 minutes – Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes – Servings: 5
Blackberries can give us desserts so delicious that they can drive us crazy. This time, it is a very popular dish, which you have surely heard before. Here we will teach you how to do the Kentucky Blackberry Cobbler of your dreams.
It was wonderful! We loved it! Very filling and flavorful!
Why is this Kentucky Blackberry Cobbler recipe so delicious?
The Kentucky Blackberry Cobbler is a recipe that obsesses everyone. It’s quick to do, doesn’t require a lot of effort and anyone can do it. It’s special for those moments where you want a quick dessert to calm your anxiety. Besides, it’s perfect for decorating the table at any family meal, and with its smooth and firm texture, it will leave everyone asking for more.
What most characterizes this dessert is that it focuses on enhancing the flavor of blackberries. Make them as sweet as possible so that not a bit of flavor is lost in preparation or in the oven!
You can use peaches also for the cobbler! Very good.
Tips to Make the Best Kentucky Blackberry Cobbler
Tip 1. You can use frozen blackberries instead of fresh ones if you are not in season. But store them covered in sugar so they don’t lose their flavor.
Tip 2. Sift all the dry ingredients before adding to the mix to avoid lumps.
Tip 3. We don’t recommend overcooking the cake, because when the biscuit cools it hardens a little more.
Tip 4. Wash the blackberries very well, you don’t want any trace of dirt in the mixture.
Tip 5. Before serving it let it cool completely, otherwise, the cake could break.
Ingredients for Kentucky Blackberry Cobbler:
2 1/2 c blackberries, washed
1 c sugar
1 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 c milk
1/2 c unsalted butter, melted
Picture of ingredients:
How to make Kentucky Blackberry Cobbler:
Step 1: Stir the berries along with the sugar. Make sure everything is mixed very well. Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Step 3: In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
Step 4: Add the milk with the help of a wooden spoon. Then stir the melted butter gradually and hand-mix until the mixture is homogeneous.
Step 5: Pour the mixture into a medium baking dish. If you wish, you can cover the plate with non-stick paper, but don’t grease it.
Step 6: To finish, pour the blackberries with sugar on top of the mixture and distribute it carefully. Bake for 45 minutes, and cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 1/2 c blackberries, washed
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, melted
- Stir together just the berries and sugar in a large bowl and let it sit out for 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375?. Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and milk with a wooden spoon.
- Next, stir in the melted butter and hand-mix it until the ingredients are well incorporated and you have few clumps.
- Pour batter into medium baking dish and smooth it out. You can choose to line it with parchment paper or not, but don’t grease the pan.
- Finally, pour the macerated blackberries on top with all the sugar included and evenly distribute it over the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how golden you prefer it to be. Let it cool for 5 minutes so it will hold its shape.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 5gSugar: 44gProtein: 5g
Check some of my best recipes below: