Looking for a great tasting easy chicken casserole? You are going to love this chicken casserole with spinach. Easy to make, delicious and healthy. One bite and you will know why this is one of the most asked for recipes.
Chicken is always a good choice for us. It is inexpensive to buy, goes with almost anything and it is so versatile. When I am looking for easy dinners that everyone will love I go for an easy chicken casserole. And out of all of my easy chicken casserole recipe, this one might be the easiest. Not only is it easy, but it also tastes amazing.
What to Serve with Chicken and Spinach bake
This is a great low carb chicken recipe, whether you are following a low carb or keto diet or not. It is healthy and delicious. If you are following a low carb diet, you might want to serve chicken and spinach bake with:
- Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- Or make butter zoodles like the zoodles in Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles
If you are not eating low carb, those side dishes are still a great idea but you might also like these:
- Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Oven Roasted Turnips with Thyme and Parmesan
- Cheesy Quick Biscuits Recipe
Variations to this Recipe
Want ways to change up this recipe? Try:
- Boneless skin less chicken thighs
- Flavored cream cheese: You can try the garlic and herb cream cheese with this for an added punch of flavor.
- Seasoning: Of course just about any seasoning will taste amazing on this chicken. If you have a favorite flavor profile, you can certainly use that.
- Cheese: While this uses mozzarella cheese you can use cheddar or Colby Jack.
How to Store Spinach Casserole
This spinach casserole is great because you can make as little or as much as you need. However, one idea is to make extras to have an easy lunch to heat up later. If you have leftovers or make more than you need for one meal, you will want to store the spinach casserole in the refrigerator. Be sure to store it in an airtight container or a freezer bag.
How Long does Chicken and Spinach Bake
When you have this chicken and spinach bake in the refrigerator, it will stay fresh for several day, about 3-4 days. It is important to be stored correctly, as I mentioned before because if it is not stored properly, it will spoil sooner.
How to Reheat Easy Chicken Casserole
When you are ready to reheat this easy chicken casserole, you can reheat it in the microwave or in the oven. If you are reheating this in the oven, you will want to cover it with aluminum foil. This will prevent the cheese from getting burned as the casserole reheats. Another option is to remove the melted cheese from the first time you baked the chicken, and replace it with new cheese, or just add addional cheese.
Can this be a Make Ahead Casserole
This chicken casserole with spinach is one of my favorite make ahead casseroles. You can make this casserole the night before you plan to cook it. You can get everything together and ready and then bake it when you are ready. Another option is to to make this as a freezer meal casserole. Create this casserole all the way to the baking instructions. Store it inside of a freezer bag or in a pan for the oven. Make sure to cover it well to prevent freezer burn. When you are ready to make this make ahead casserole, simply thaw it in the refrigerator until thawed.
Ingredients in Easy Chicken Casserole with Spinach
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Red chili flakes
- Italian seasoning
- Cream cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
How to Make Easy Chicken Casserole with Spinach
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the 4 pieces of chicken breast, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of red chili flakes and 3 cloves of minced garlic into a ziplock back. Seal the bag, and toss the ingredients to coat the chicken completely. Set it aside for 10-15 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the ziploc bag and place it inside a casserole dish.
Top each piece of chicken with 2 ounces of cream cheese. Spread it out to cover the surface of the piece of chicken.
Wilt some spinach in a skillet, and place the wilted spinach on top of the chicken pieces.
Top each piece of chicken with 1 ounce of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake the chicken in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is browned, and the chicken is cooked through.
Now, remember to this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 Large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 3 Cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ tsp. Red chili flakes
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 2 c. Spinach
- 4 oz. Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the 4 pieces of chicken breast, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of red chili flakes and 3 cloves of minced garlic into a ziplock back. Seal the bag, and toss the ingredients to coat the chicken completely. Set it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the ziploc bag and place it inside a casserole dish.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 ounces of cream cheese. Spread it out to cover the surface of the piece of chicken.
- Wilt some spinach in a skillet, and place the wilted spinach on top of the chicken pieces.
- Top each piece of chicken with 1 ounce of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is browned, and the chicken is cooked through.
Make sure you check this recipe:
Loaded Buffalo Chicken Fries – Crispy oven fries topped with roasted chicken, freshly grated cheese, ranch dressing, and a sprinkling of chives.
Instant Pot Orange Chicken – It simply does not get easier than Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe!
Juiciest Pressure Cooker Chicken Thighs – These pressure cooker chicken thighs are so tender and juicy, you will want to make them every night.
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken – One bite, and you will see why it is one of my most requested recipes.