Taco Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet Meal
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
If you love ground beef and cabbage, you’ll love this recipe. Taco Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet Meal si the perfect ground beef and cabbage meal.
Easy Taco Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet Meal for Dinner
Ground beef and cabbage is one of those meals that everyone has a recipe for. But it can get boring when you make it the same way every time. That is why I wanted to put a twist on it.
Changing this to a taco flavored dinner makes this a new meal idea that everyone will love.
What to Serve with Cabbage Skillet
This meal is easily a complete meal all on its own. You can make these cheesy biscuits to have with dinner. You can also consider having a Loaded Cauliflower Bake But after dinner, you are going to want to have dessert. What is dinner without dessert?
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake – Moist, delicious lemon blueberry coffee cake is mindblowing good. The aroma of baking the lemon blueberry dessert will make you drool and wish that time could go faster.
- No Bake Oreo Pie with Chocolate Ganache Recipe – This no-bake oreo pie is out of this world amazing! Decadent, creamy, sweet, and a perfect dessert to end a meal with. You can never go wrong with an oreo pie recipe no bake because you don’t even have to heat the house.
- Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe – Easy and delicious, this Instant Pot apple cake will knock your socks off! This apple cake has just the right amount of cinnamon, and Granny Smith diced apples.
- Easy Millionaire Pie Recipe – Fresh, light, and scrumptious millionaire pie is just what you need in your life! You won’t be able to get enough of the creamy filling in this millionaire pie recipe.
- Blueberry Pie Recipe – Everyone is going to go wild for this blueberry pie with a flaky homemade crust! The flavor is out of this world amazing, and it takes a fresh blueberry pie to the next level.
Variations to Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet Recipes
One of the great things about ground beef and cabbage skillet recipes is that there are plenty of ways to change them. You can easily do a few changes on this recipe to make it even better.
- Want to Make it Go Further: Sometimes when I am short on ground beef I like to add other things with it to make the meal stretch. Not to mention that it makes a great way to save money. With this recipe you can add pasta or potatoes, and even rice. It fills this meal out and doesn’t take away from how great it tastes.
- Make it Lighter: If you want to make this a lighter meal in fat and calories, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken. You can use breast meat to give it even less fat and calories.
How to Store Leftover Beef and Cabbage
While this recipe disappears fast, you might find that you have leftovers. If that is the case, you will want to move the leftovers, once they have cooled, to an airtight container or a bowl that you can wrap in plastic wrap. Then store the beef and cabbage leftovers in the refrigerator.
The leftovers will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat this Easy Taco Recipe
When you are ready to reheat the easy taco recipe, you can reheat it in the microwave or in the stove top in a skillet. If you are reheating the entire amount of leftovers, it is usually easier to reheat in a skillet.
If you are reheating individual servings, you might want to use the microwave for convenience.
Can Beef and Cabbage be Frozen
If you find that you have too many leftovers to eat before it spoils, or you want to make this as a freezer meal, you can certainly freeze it. You can store it in an airtight container or in a freezer bag.
I prefer the freezer begs because it lets me freeze it flat and I can write on the bag. I like to label the bag with what is in it and when it was made.
Ingredients in Taco Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet Meal
- Ground beef
- Chili powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions for garnish
How to Make Taco Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet Meal
Brown the ground beef completely in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add in the chili powder and salsa.
Stir to combine.
Pour in the chopped cabbage, reduce the heat to medium, cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes, or until the cabbage is done to your liking.
Remove the lid from the pot, top with the shredded cheddar cheese, and add green onions for garnish once the cheese has melted.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Taco Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet Meal
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- ½ c. Salsa
- 2-3 c. Chopped cabbage
- ¾ c. Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Brown the ground beef completely in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chili powder and salsa. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the chopped cabbage, reduce the heat to medium, cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes, or until the cabbage is done to your liking.
- Remove the lid from the pot, top with the shredded cheddar cheese, and add green onions for garnish once the cheese has melted.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Instant Pot Shrimp Lo Mein – Made with just a few ingredients, and so much flavor! It’ll become your go-to Instant Pot shrimp recipe!
Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake – It’s a hit with kids and adults alike and, bonus; it’s so easy to make!
Garlic Lemon Oven Baked Zucchini – 5 ingredient healthy zucchini snack when you want to switch things up. So good.
Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker – one of the best easy slow cooker recipes you’ll ever try!