Prep time: 15 minutes – Cook time: 25-30 minutes – Total time: 45 minutes – Servings: 12 – Yield: 1 – 9×13 inch cake
These Ooey Gooey Bars are very simple to prepare, and you will not be able to believe how fast this recipe is to prepare. You and your family will love it, so go ahead and try it!
Easy to make Gooey Bars recipe. They’re always a big HIT!
Why is this Ooey Gooey Bars recipe so delicious?
What most characterizes this recipe is that it is very quick to make. The ingredients are basic, but they are still capable of giving you an extremely delicious dessert.
These bars are very tasty, but at the same time very healthy. With a vanilla cake base, this delicious dessert is covered with a layer of very soft and sticky cream that you will love. Its flavor is very sweet but it’s not cloying. Cream cheese will do wonders for this recipe too!
They’re highly ADDICTIVE bars!
Tips to Make the Ooey Gooey Bars:
Tip 1. It is best to cut the squares after the cake has completely cooled down. Because otherwise, you could spoil it.
Tip 2. You can make the vanilla cake with a cake mix, but if you want you can prepare it from scratch with your own recipe.
Tip 3. For the top layer of cream cheese to be thick enough use a small pan.
Tip 4. You can obtain powdered sugar by blending conventional sugar.
Tip 5. The cake is ready when the top of the cream is golden brown. Don’t overdo the cooking time or you won’t have the creamy consistency you need.
Ingredients for Ooey Gooey Bars:
For the crust:
1 box yellow cake mix, dry- not prepared
8 Tablespoons butter, melted
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, beaten
16 oz. powdered sugar
What do you need to make Ooey Gooey Bars:
How do you make Ooey Gooey Bars:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°F.
Step 2: Mix the cake mix with the butter and the egg until smooth and well combined.
Step 3: Take to a 9×13 baking pan, and press evenly over the bottom. Reserve.
Step 4: Beat the cream cheese and add the eggs to another bowl. Beat for one minute, or until you get a smooth consistency. Then, add the powdered sugar and beat until well combined.
Step 5: Pour over the crust and take to the oven for about 30 minutes. When it’s done, let cool completely before cutting.
Ready to serve!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- FOR CRUST:
- 1 box yellow cake mix, dry- not prepared
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- GOOEY LAYER:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter and egg. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pat and press dough evenly over the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat and cream the cream cheese. Add the eggs and beat until smooth for a minute or two. Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
- Pour over crust and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes or until done. Do not over bake.
- When done, remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 1gSugar: 57gProtein: 4g
Check some of my best recipes below: