Gooey Bacon Cheese Dip Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Want the best bacon cheese dip recipe? Wait until you try Gooey Bacon Cheese Dip Recipe! Filled with real bacon and cheese, this dip is perfect for game day, pot lucks, or anytime you just want an ooey gooey cheese dip.
I love get-togethers. I love when we get together for a pot luck, to watch a game or just to have friends and family come over. Whenever we make this bacon cheese dip, everyone asks for the recipe. It is that good.
Like most people, I crave cheese and I love bacon. Whenever I make this dip, my mouth is watering before the dip even hits the oven. All of the ingredients come together in no time, which is great when you have a last-minute dinner invitation or when guests drop by unexpectedly.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Is Bacon Cream Cheese Dip Good Cold?
When you make this bacon cream cheese, you want to serve it hot. While there are many bacon cream cheese dips that are served cold, this bacon cheese dip is best served hot. While it can be eaten cold, the melted cheese takes this dip over the top. The cheese also forms together making it hard to dip into. If you have leftover, store it in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to eat it again, either heat the entire dip in the oven until the cheese is ooey gooey again or put the dip into a microwave-safe container and heat it in the microwave wave.
Best Dippers to Serve with Bacon Dip
The best thing about this bacon cheese dip recipe is that you can dip almost anything you want in it. I like to serve it with French or Italian bread. Even breadsticks work well. It can also be served with hard vegetables like carrots, celery or carrots. Another option is to use crackers with this bacon dip.
This bacon dip is keto-friendly. If you are following a keto diet, you want to avoid wheat. If you are following a keto diet and want to enjoy this dip, you will want to use low carb vegetables or low carb crackers.
What to Serve with Bacon Cheese Dip
Whenever we are going to or having a get-together, a picnic, or party, I love to make this bacon cheese dip. Whenever we are invited to a friend’s house, this dip is always requested. Other recipes I like to make for a picnic or party are
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Variations to Cheese Dip
I get asked to bring this recipe to get-togethers often, and while I love it just the way it is, sometimes, I like to change the recipe to create something new. If you want to change the recipe, you can try:
- Flavored Cream Cheese: I love herb and garlic cream cheese. With this recipe, you can change the flavor slightly by using a flavored cream cheese like herb and garlic.
- Cheese: Consider changing the cheese. While this recipe uses cheddar cheese, play around with other cheeses. Consider using mozzarella, Mexican blend or any other cheese that you like that also melts well.
- Bacon: There are many types of bacon, like maple or smoked, that can give this dip a slightly different flavor. If you are trying to save time when making this recipe, you can also use precooked bacon. It is an easy time saver for making this dip.
- Ranch: If you want to change the dip itself to have a stronger flavor, you can swap the sour cream for ranch dressing. Since ranch has a strong flavor, it can give it a flavorful twist.
More Party Dip Recipes
Dips are one of the best party foods. Honestly, you can have a party with nothing but dips. You can have savory dips for vegetables, breads, and crackers. You can sweet dips for graham crackers or fruit. These fruit dips can be used as appetizers or for desserts. One of my favorite sweet dip recipes is Easy Caramel Apple Dip Recipe.
One bite of this dip and you will be amazed at just how tasty it is.
Ingredients in Bacon Cheese Dip
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- green onions
How to Make a Cheese Dip Recipe in Cast Iron
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2. Beat 8 ounces of cream cheese in a mixer until smooth.
Step 3. Add in the 2 cups of sour cream, and blend until creamy.
Step 4. Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, and crumble 5 of the cooked bacon pieces into the mixture.
Step 5. Pour the prepared dip into a shallow baking dish or oven-safe skillet, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Step 6. Crumble the remaining piece of cooked bacon on top of the dip, and serve with your choice of bread, crackers or veggies.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Gooey Bacon Cheese Dip Recipe
- 8 oz Softened cream cheese
- 1 ½ c. Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c Sour cream
- ½ c. Chopped green onions
- 6 Slices cooked bacon
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat 8 ounces of cream cheese in a mixer until smooth.
- Add in the 2 cups of sour cream, and blend until creamy.
- Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, and crumble 5 of the cooked bacon pieces into the mixture.
- Pour the prepared dip into a shallow baking dish or oven-safe skillet, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Crumble the remaining piece of cooked bacon on top of the dip, and serve with your choice of bread, crackers or veggies.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Make sure you check my best recipes below:
Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip, It’s so simple to make, and that tangy flavor that everyone loves is pure heaven in this dip.
Easy Caramel Apple Dip Recipe, Caramel is a delicious flavor to pair with apples. This dip is great for encouraging kids to eat more fruit.
Bird Dipped Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe, This adorable Bird Dipped Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe is kid-friendly, easy to make, and creative.
Homemade Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe, It’s creamy, packed full of spinach and artichokes, and an effortless recipe to make.