Looking for an easy hearty chicken noodle soup recipe? This Pressure Cooker chicken noodle soup recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or when you need classic comfort food.
Pressure Cooker Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup is one of those recipes that everyone should have. Whether you need a warm soup on a cold night, want to make it for someone who isn’t feeling well, or just want some comfort food, this hearty chicken noodle soup recipe is the perfect recipe to have.
Can I Freeze Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Soup makes a great freezer meal. Whether you make extra and can’t eat it all in time before it spoils or you just want to make a freezer meal for dinner another night, heart chicken noodle soup is a great choice to freeze. When you make this hearty chicken noodle soup recipe, you can eat some right away and freeze the rest. This soup wills stay fresh in the refrigerated, covered, for up to 3 days. If you don’t think you will eat it before it spoils, freezes it right away.
How to freeze soup
When you are making soup to freeze, or just want to freeze the leftovers, you want to make sure to freeze it correctly or else it will get freezer burn or spoil in the freezer. You will want to wait until the soup is cooled. Put the hearty chicken noodle soup in an airtight container or freezer bag. I prefer freezer bags because they lay flat in the freezer and then the containers are not out of use while holding the soup in the freezer. Whether you are using freezer bags or containers, make sure to label the soup with the date it was made and what is in the container.
What is the Best Noodles for Chicken Noodle Soup
When it comes to making this chicken noodle soup, you can use whatever noodles you like. While this recipe calls for egg noodles, that is because I like these noodles because it reminds me of old fashion chicken noodle soup. You can use whatever noodles you like or have on hand. The cooking time for this recipe is meant for egg noodles, which usually have a slightly less cooking time than other noodles.
Variations to Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
While this is a pretty basic recipe that makes a hearty chicken noodle soup, there are a few ways to change it around.
- Add Veggies: There are the regular vegetables in this soup that you would associate with chicken noodle soup, but that doesn’t mean those are the only ones you can have for chicken noodle soup. With this recipe, you can add vegetables that are in season or just ones that you like. Use frozen or fresh vegetables.
- Change the Noodles: As I mentioned above, I like egg noodles in this recipe, but you can use whatever noodles you like.
Ingredients in Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Egg noodles
- Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Set the Instant Pot to the saute function, and add in the olive oil.
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Add the chicken to the heated Instant Pot, and saute for 3 minutes.
Add in the chopped vegetables, and saute for another 3 minutes.
Mix in the garlic, and saute for 30 seconds.
Turn off the saute function.
Add the basil, oregano, thyme, egg noodles and chicken broth, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Close the lid of the Instant Pot, making sure the release valve is set to sealing.
Set the Instant Pot to manual for 6 minutes, and then allow it to naturally release for another 2 minutes once done the cooking. After that, flip the release valve to the venting position to release the remaining pressure.
Stir the ingredients together and serve.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 Medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 4 Ribs celery chopped
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Thyme
- 3 Cloves minced garlic
- 6 oz. Egg noodles
- 8 C. Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function, and add in the olive oil.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to the heated Instant Pot, and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped vegetables, and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Turn off the saute function.
- Add the basil, oregano, thyme, egg noodles and chicken broth, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot, making sure the release valve is set to sealing.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual for 6 minutes, and then allow it to naturally release for another 2 minutes once done cooking. After that, flip the release valve to the venting position to release the remaining pressure.
- Stir the ingredients together and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1384mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
More Soup Recipes:
Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Soup With Vegetables – Looking for some fantastically delicious comfort food that’s easy to make? Then you are in luck because this turkey noodle soup is outstanding.
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage And Bean Soup – Oh, the amazing flavors in this Instant Pot smoked sausage and bean soup is out of this world. Perfectly smokey sausage with protein-packed beans is the hearty meal you are looking for.
Potato Soup – This slow cooker potato soup is the best crockpot potato soup you will ever make! It’s loaded with cheese for a deliciously creamy and filling slow cooker baked potato soup.
Meatballs and Potatoes Soup – This Meatball and Potato Soup will not only become one of your go-to hearty soup recipes for chilly nights but one of your favorite easy healthy soup recipes!
Weight Loss Vegetable Soup – Whether you’re trying to lose a few pounds after the holidays or just want to give your body a healthy jumpstart, this Weight Loss Vegetable Soup is for you.
Easy Beef Stew – This Easy Beef Stew recipe is the ultimate easy comfort food dinner for cold weather. It’s a beef stew with frozen vegetables which makes it one of the easiest homemade beef stew recipe you’ll find.
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings – Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings are a homestyle comfort food made easy. If you love traditional chicken and dumplings, you’ll love this easy crockpot chicken recipe!