Air Fryer Seasoned Pretzel Chicken Tenders are juicy, plump, and delicious! You can whip this air fryer chicken up in under 30 minutes! They are so easy to make and have the perfect amount of Cajun seasoning to give you a kick of flavor.
Air Fryer Seasoned Pretzel Chicken Tenders
Have you eaten pretzel crusted chicken before? You guys! You are in for the biggest burst of flavor and crispy chicken ever! A couple of years ago, I was at the market and stumbled upon these spicy pretzels. I bought a bag figuring they would be worth a try. THEY WERE AWESOME! If you haven’t’ tried Dots Seasoned Pretzels yet, it’s time to do it. Run to the market and pick up a couple of bags…trust me.
So anyway, as I was eating the pretzels, I was thinking about what to make for dinner and decided on chicken. I wasn’t going to do anything fancy, just a regular chicken tender recipe. Then it hit me! Use the pretzels…and I did. Absolute perfection, every single time. If you love spicy chicken, these are for you.
Tips For Making in Air Fryer
Using an air fryer to make this air fryer pretzel chicken is easy, but you may need to know a few things if you don’t have a lot of experience with the air fryer.
- Keep a bottle of oil handy. You don’t need to fry food in a vat of oil like normal frying, but a little bit of olive oil in a spray bottle is always nice to have around. Spritz the food on occasion to get it super crispy.
- Never put too much food in the basket. I know it’s tempting to fill it up like crazy and go on about your life. However, chicken or other foods can’t cook properly if you do this. Make sure the food isn’t touching each other and work in batches.
- Flip food halfway. Don’t forget to flip whatever you are cooking halfway through. This ensures it can cook properly and evenly.
- Get a good meat thermometer. You can always eyeball it, but nothing is going to be as accurate as an actual meat thermometer. Get a digital one, and you will have an answer in seconds!
Can I Make These Tenders In The Oven
Yes, if you would rather bake the pretzel crusted chicken in the oven, that is more than fine. I recommend baking them at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on the temperature of the chicken.
What Are The Best Pretzels To use
I highly recommend using Dots Pretzels. They are incredible and are seasoned with this slightly spicy blend. Or you can use regular pretzels if you’d rather. Regular pretzels aren’t going to be as flavorful, so you may need to add some extra seasonings to the mixture.
Can I Double The Recipe
Yes, absolutely! This recipe for air fryer chicken serves 4-6 people. You can simply make as many batches as you need to feed everyone. I recommend turning your oven to the lowest setting and letting it heat up. Once it’s hot, turn it off, and you can put a casserole dish in there to keep the chicken tenders in. As they cook, add them to the oven to keep them warm.
Can I Meal Prep With This Air Fryer Chicken Recipe
Yep! Meal prepping these air fryer pretzel crusted chicken tenders is so easy. After you cook them, let them cool all the way. Then place them in a food storage container with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze the chicken tenders by laying them flat on a baking sheet. Don’t let the tenders touch each other. Then put the pan in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until the cooked tenders are frozen. Remove the tenders from the pan and place them in freezer-safe bag. Remove what you need when you are ready to eat them. Defrost in the fridge overnight for best results. Heat in the microwave or warm in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
2 cups original, seasoned pretzels ( Dots )
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
½ tsp Cajun Spice
1 tsp Garlic salt
3/4 cup Panko
1 pound chicken tenders
How to Make Pretzel Crusted Chicken
First Step: Add pretzels to the bowl of your food processor, process on high until it mostly looks like bread crumbs. Or you can place it in a plastic bag and crush.
Second Step: In a small bowl, add the pretzel crumb mixture and Panko crumbs, stir to combine.
Third Step: Add all seasonings to the pretzel mixture and stir to combine.
Fourth Step: In another bowl, add your two eggs to a shallow bowl, whisk for the egg wash.
Fifth Step: Pat chicken tenders dry with a paper towel.
Sixth Step: Working one chicken tender at a time, dip first in the egg, and then the pretzel crumbs to coat.
Seventh Step: Set to the side on a parchment covered baking tray.
Eighth Step: Repeat with each chicken tender.
Ninth Step: Spray the basket of your air fryer with non-stick cooking spray
Tenth Step: Add the chicken tenders to the basket, three at a time. Or as many that will fit. Make sure not to overlap your chicken.
Eleventh Step: Put the basket in the air fryer and turn it on 370°F for 14 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Twelfth Step: Enjoy these pretzel crusted chicken tenders.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 cups original, seasoned pretzels ( Dots )
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Cajun Spice
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- 3/4 cup Panko
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Cooking spray
- Add pretzels, to the bowl of your food processor, process on high until it mostly looks like bread crumbs. Or you can place in a plastic bag and crush.
- In a small bowl add the pretzel crumb mixture and Panko crumbs, stir to combine.
- Add all seasonings to the pretzel mixture and stir to combine.
- In another bowl add your 2 eggs to a shallow bowl, whisk for the egg wash.
- Pat chicken tenders dry with a paper towel.
- Working one chicken tender at a time, dip first in the egg, and then the pretzel crumbs to coat.
- Set to the side on a parchment covered baking tray.
- Repeat with each chicken tender
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with non-stick cooking spray
- Add the chicken tenders to the basket, three at a time. Or as many that will fit. Make sure to not overlap your chicken.
- Put the basket in the air fryer and turn it on 370°F for 14 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Enjoy these pretzel crusted chicken tenders.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 1288mgCarbohydrates: 38gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 20g
Chicken is a meat that I will never grow tired of. If you love chicken as much as I do, check out these other yummy chicken recipes. They are easy too!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Instant Pot Chicken Taquitos – These are mouthwatering good! I can’t wait for you to try them.
Crockpot Chicken Tacos – My mouth is drooling just thinking about this chicken tacos. Whip some up and dig in.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings – This comfort food is just what your grandma used to make. Try these homecooked dumplings soon!
BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches – These zesty sandwiches are so flavorful and easy to make.