Red White and Blue Cake with Cheesecake Layer
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for the perfect Red, White and Blue Cake? This is the cake you need. With beautiful Red, White and Blue Layers, this cake also has a no bake cheesecake layer. The best American Flag cake ever!
Incredible Red White and Blue Cake with Cheesecake
This is a great cake for whenever you are looking for a flag cake recipe. Easy to make, this layer cake recipe also features a no bake cheesecake recipe. This patriotic cake is great whenever you want a delicious layer cake recipe.
What to Serve with a Patriotic Cake
This patriotic cake is great when you are having a picnic or get together. When making recipes for a picnic, I would also recommend these other great tasting recipes.
- Ham And Cheese Pinwheels – These Ham and Cheese Pinwheels, or ham roll-ups, are a kid-friendly appetizer perfect for game days, picnics and more. They can even double as a leisurely lunch for the kiddos too!
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – These succulent Instant Pot garlic parmesan chicken wings are finger-licking good! Juicy, tender garlic parmesan wings are super easy to make too!
- Buffalo Shrimp Recipe – These Baked Buffalo Shrimp are a quick and easy shrimp appetizer that’s perfect for holiday parties, game days or even a light dinner! Give this buffalo shrimp a try today.
Variations to Flag Cake Recipe
This is a very basic cake recipe using a red boxed cake and a blue boxed cake, there are a few ways to change up this recipe. If you want to put a few spins on this recipe, you can try:
- Can’t Find the Boxed Cake Mix: Since these are cake mixes that are already colored, using them makes it easier. If you can not find these colored cake mixes, you can dye the batter yourself. Using gel food color is easier because it uses less food color but liquid color will work as well. Add the food coloring slowly until you get the right color.
- Sprinkles or colored chocolate chips: If you want to add a little pizazz to the cake, you can add sprinkles or chocolate chips to the batter. To stay with the red white and blue theme, find colored chocolate chips or use red white and blue sprinkles.
- Add Decoration to the Frosting: You can continue the color theme into the frosting.
- Extracts: If you want more than a regular vanilla cake, feel free to add flavored extracts to the cake. Cherry, Blueberry, and Lemon will work great.
No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
With this cake, you are going to be adding a no bake cheesecake recipe. This no bake cheesecake recipe is taking the place of the icing that goes between the layers of the cake. You will whip together the no bake cheesecake recipe and then let it set together to form the cake layer. Once the cheesecake is ready, you can remove it the pan and add it to the cake layers for frosting the entire cake.
How to Store American Flag Cake
Unlike many cakes, you do not want to store this cake at room temperature. Because of the cheesecake layer, it is important to keep this cake in the refrigerator. The cheesecake layer of this American Flag cake will spoil if left at room temperature for too long. When storing the cake, you will want to make sure that the cake is covered and protected from the air and moisture. The cake will dry out and become stale if the cake is not wrapped well or stored inside of a cake cover.
How Long Does this Layer Cake Last
When you are making this cake, as long as it is stored properly, this cake can last up to 4 to 5 days. If the cake spends more time at room temperature or if it is not covered properly the cake will spoil sooner than this.
Can this Patriot Dessert be Frozen
If you find that you will not finish all of this cake before it spoils, you can freeze it. I like to freeze the cake in individual slices because it is easier to defrost and have a slice of cake whenever the craving hits.
Ingredients in Flag Cake Recipe
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- heavy whipping cream
- Radiant Red cake mix
- Aqua Blue cake mix
- powdered sugar
How to Make Red White and Blue Cake with Cheesecake Layer
Line an eight inch round cake pan with parchment paper (bottom and sides), or an eight inch springform pan.
Cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth, with a hand-held mixer.
In a standing mixer, whip heavy cream until thick.
Stir whipped cream and vanilla into the cream cheese and sugar mixture until smooth.
Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan, and smooth out the top.
Refrigerate for 12 hours (or overnight).
Prepare both cake mixes as directed by package instructions, to make 8 inch cakes, one red, and one blue.
Let cakes cool completely (or overnight), before layering.
Layer cakes with cheesecake layer in the middle.
Prepare frosting by creaming together butter and cream cheese. Then mix in powdered sugar and vanilla.
Liberally apply frosting to the top, while lightly frosting the sides of the cake.
Cut a slice and enjoy.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Red, White & Blue Cake with No-Bake Cheesecake Layer
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 6.25 ounce package Radiant Red cake mix, baked to package instructions (2 eggs, oil and water)
- 1 6.25 ounce package Aqua Blue cake mix, baked to package instructions (2 eggs, oil and water)
- 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 cups cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Line an eight inch round cake pan with parchment paper (bottom and sides), or an eight inch springform pan.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth, with a hand-held mixer.
- In a standing mixer, whip heavy cream until thick.
- Stir whipped cream and vanilla into the cream cheese and sugar mixture until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan, and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours (or overnight).
- Prepare both cake mixes as directed by package instructions, to make 8 inch cakes, one red, and one blue.
- Let cakes cool completely (or overnight), before layering.
- Layercakes with cheesecake layer in the middle.
- Prepare frosting by creaming together butter and cream cheese. Then mix in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Liberally apply frosting to the top, while lightly frosting the sides of the cake.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Take a look at some of my other delicious cake recipes for you to try:
Best Easy Red Velvet Poke Cake – I love the look and flavor of this stunning red velvet cake. It’s always a hit!
Caramel Cream Cheese Pumpkin Poke Cake – If you want a truly decadent dessert, this one should be at the top of your list. Mercy, it’s good!
German Chocolate Layer Cake With Coconut Pecan Frosting – Make this for your next potluck and watch it disappear before your eyes!
Three Layer Apple Spice Cake Recipe – There is nothing more delicious than a cake with lots of spice. This one is a reader favorite too.