Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Prep time: 30 minutes – Cook time: 10 minutes – Additional time: 30 minutes – Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes – Servings: 36 – Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Have you ever combined pumpkin and cream cheese together in a recipe? For a palate as good as yours, Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are the best option for an afternoon with family and friends.
Light and moist pumpkin cookies!
Why is this Soft Pumpkin Cookies with a Cream recipe so delicious?
The best thing about these types of cookie recipes is the short preparation time. You don’t need to spend too much time creating an exquisite recipe that your family and friends will love! And don’t worry, this recipe is ideal for any beginner.
In the same way, eating something sweet has never been healthier with this dessert. They are very light, with a moist texture, and perfect for those who want to take care of their health while still eating something delicious.
Halloween and Thanksgiving are two holidays that will give you the opportunity to enjoy these delicious cookies. These cookies will melt in your mouth and are perfect for a snack. These cookies will adorn your table on any occasion!
Perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving!
Tips to Make the Best Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream
Tip 1. Baking powder should be as fresh as possible and at a suitable temperature. Otherwise, it will not activate and the cookies will not grow.
Tip 2. Every time you add wheat flour to the mixture, you must sift it. Lumps inside the flour make the mixture not very homogeneous, damaging the preparation process.
Tip 3. Do not abuse nutmeg, although it gives a unique touch to cookies, some people may have unfavorable reactions to it.
Tip 4. You can buy ginger in pieces and then grate it. However, it’s always better to buy it already ground because it preserves better.
Tip 5. Cream cheese should be handled quickly and avoid getting it into very hot temperatures or it could be damaged during the process.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground ginger
1 cup butter
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
(1) (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
¼ cup butter softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
What do you need to make Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting:
How do you make Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting:
Step 1: First, preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Also, grease the cookie sheets very well.
Step 2: In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients always sifting them: wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
Step 3: In another bowl, add a cup of butter and start beating preferably with an electric mixer.
Step 4: When the butter is creamy, add the white sugar and beat. Then pour in the brown sugar and vanilla.
Step 5: When the mixture is homogeneous and creamy, finish by adding the egg. Keep beating until everything is properly mixed. The mixture shouldn’t lose its creaminess.
Step 6: In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree. Add it to the previous mixture and beat.
Step 7: Then, add the dry ingredients to the previous mixture slowly and mix with a ladle until the mixture is completely homogeneous.
Step 8: Spoon the batter with teaspoonfuls about 2-inch spacing between each one onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes then cool before removing.
Step 9: Beat the cream cheese together with the butter and a tablespoon of vanilla. Add the sugar little by little until the entire mixture is creamy.
Step 10: Finally, when the cookies are completely cool, garnish with the frosting and serve. Enjoy!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 3 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Start by preheating the oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Add and whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and ginger together in a bowl. Beat a cup butter, white sugar, brown sugar, 2 tsp vanilla extract, and egg with an electric mixer beating until mixture is smooth in a separate large bowl. Beat in pumpkin puree. Gradually stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture. The batter will be moist.
- Spoon the batter by teaspoonfuls about 2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are lightly browned for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on sheets before removing to finish cooling on waxed paper.
- Add and beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, and a tsp vanilla extract until soft and creamy in a bowl with an electric mixer. Add and beat in confectioners’ sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Frost cooled cookies with cream cheese frosting.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Check my best recipes below: