Spicy Garlicky Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
I’m not sure about you, but I could really go for some wings right now. But not just any old wings. I’m talking about these Spicy Garlicky Honey Lemon Pepper Wings.
So if you’re in the mood for some delicious wings, then this is the recipe for you!
Spicy Garlicky Honey Lemon Pepper Wings are the perfect recipe for any wing lover out there. These wings are baked, not fried, so they are a healthier option than your typical wing. This recipe is perfect for any party or get-together. The Spicy Garlicky Honey Lemon Pepper Wings will be a hit with everyone!
Whether you’re watching the game on Sunday or just want something tasty to snack on, these wings will do the trick. They’re easy to make, and you can customize the level of heat to your liking.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Spicy Garlicky Honey Lemon Pepper Wings?
Well, first of all, they’re honey lemon pepper wings. And who doesn’t love honey lemon pepper? The combination of sweet and sour with a little bit of heat is just irresistible.
But what really sets these wings apart is the addition of garlic. Garlic makes everything better, in my opinion. It adds so much flavor to the dish, and really kicks up the heat a notch.
So if you’re looking for a delicious wing recipe that will have your taste buds tingling, then give these Spicy Garlicky Honey Lemon Pepper Wings a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Spicy Garlicky Honey Lemon Pepper Wings Tips
- If you want to make the wings extra spicy, you can add more chili pepper flakes to the honey-lemon pepper mixture.
- I like to bake my wings in the oven, but you can also fry them if you prefer.
- Be sure to let the wings cool for a few minutes before adding them to the honey-lemon pepper mixture. Otherwise, the sauce will be too runny.
- These wings are best served hot, so be sure to reheat them before serving.
- leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
There you have it! These Spicy Garlicky Honey Lemon Pepper Wings are guaranteed to be a hit with your family and friends. So go ahead and give them a try! You won’t be disappointed.
- Soy sauce
- Cayenne pepper
- Chicken wings
- Minced garlic
- Lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish
Step 1. Place the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl.
Then, add the honey, soy sauce, cayenne pepper, black pepper, lemon juice, and minced garlic.
Toss to mix the ingredients and coat the wings well.
Step 2. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Step 3. Heat the oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 4. Layer the wings on the baking sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
Step 5. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and garnished with lemon wedges.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 ½ lbs. Chicken wings
- 2 ½ Tbsp. Honey
- 4 Tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Place the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl with the honey, soy sauce, cayenne pepper, black pepper, lemon juice and minced garlic. T
- Toss to mix the ingredients and coat the wings well.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Layer the wings on the baking sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and garnished with lemon wedges.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Spicy Garlicky Honey Lemon Pepper Wings Variations
There are many different ways that you can enjoy these Spicy Garlicky Honey Lemon Pepper Wings. Here are a few of my favorite variations:
- Add some hot sauce to the honey-lemon pepper mixture for an extra kick.
- Swap out the lemon for lime juice for a slightly different flavor.
- Use fresh ginger in place of the garlic for a more zesty flavor.
- If you don’t like spicy food, you can leave out the chili pepper flakes altogether.
- Feel free to experiment with other herbs and spices to find your perfect flavor combination.
How to serve?
- Serve with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Goes well with other appetizers.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and lemon slices.
- Add a little drizzle of honey right before serving.
How to store?
Refrigerate in a tightly sealed container for up to three days. Reheat before serving, and enjoy!
Should I wash the chicken before cooking?
Yes, it’s a good idea to run the chicken under cool water before you begin. Lightly rub it with your fingers and rinse. Before you begin, pat the area dry with paper towels.
Can I use another glaze for the wings?
Absolutely! You can use a sweet, savory, or spicy glaze of your choice for these wings. This recipe is completely customizable so feel free to play around with the flavors to see what you like the best.
Can I use the glaze for other chicken parts?
Yes, you can use this glaze to make chicken thighs, chicken breasts, and even whole chicken. Cook the chicken however you like with the glaze for a spicy yet sweet flavor!
How to make crispy chicken wings?
To make them extra crispy, broil them for the last 2-4 minutes of your cooking time. This will give them a burst of heat to char the edges and give them a more crispy texture.
Why bake instead of frying?
We prefer to bake them for several reasons. Here are a few reasons to consider baking:
- Less messy
- Healthier than deep fried
- You can cook larger batches at once
Why the long roasting time?
You need to cook the chicken wings long enough to make the skin crispy and the meat to be done. Cooking for less time will result in soggier chicken wings and undercooked meat.
Do I have to split the wings apart?
No, you can cook them; either split them or leave them intact. If they aren’t split apart, they will take a little longer to cook. Be sure to test for doneness by using a meat thermometer.
More quick good appetizers:
Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread – You’ll want this again and again!
Cream Cheese Sausage Balls – So comforting and delicious!
Cheesesteak Taco Fries – Simple but delicious.
Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps – A real crowd-pleaser!