Perfect Stuffed Pumpkin Rolo Cookies
Tips for Making Stuffed Cookies
How Do I Store These Pumpkin Spice Cookies?
When you are storing these pumpkin spice cookies, you will want to make sure to store them away from the air. Storing the cookies in an airtight container or in a freezer bag is the best way to store these cookies. You can store them at room temperature or in the refrigerator. I prefer storing them on a counter in a freezer bag because I prefer my cookies to not be cold. Cookies will last about a week at room temperature. If you do not think you can finish the cookies before they spoil, you can also freeze the cookies.
How to Freeze Pumpkin Cookies
When you have baked cookies that you will not be able to finish, you can freeze the cookies to prevent them from spoiling. Once the cookies have cooled, you can move the cookies to a freezer bag or airtight container. I prefer to freeze the cookies in a single layer first on a cookie sheet or plate. Once the cookies are frozen, you can move them to the same container or freezer bag. This will prevent them from freezing together which makes it easier to take only a few cookies out at a time. This prevents you from having too many cookies again and having to worry about the new thawed cookies from spoiling.
Variations to Rolo Cookies
If you love the idea of a stuffed cookie with Rolos, but do not want to have pumpkin cookies, you can recreate this cookie using chocolate chip cookie dough or peanut butter cookie dough, or whatever your favorite cookie dough is. This recipe is versatile to use as a starting point.
You can also add more things to this recipe. You can add sea salt on top of the Rolo before adding the top of the cookie, or add the salt to the top layer of the pumpkin cookie dough. Sea salt and caramel go great together and I have always loved the way the salt brings out the flavor of baked goods.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Rolo Cookie Recipe
- unsalted butter
- pumpkin puree
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- pumpkin pie seasoning
- all-purpose flour
How to Make a Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
In the bowl of a stand mixer add your pumpkin, brown sugar, and sugar.
Mix until combined.
Continue mixing and add the egg and vanilla extract.
Add the baking soda, pumpkin pie seasoning, and mix until combined.
Slowly mix in flour until a smooth dough forms.
Scrape sides as needed.
Cover your cookie pan with parchment paper.
Scoop 1 tablespoon cookie dough balls onto a cookie sheet. covered with wax or parchment paper.
Chill 30 minutes.
Sandwich the Rolo between two balls of dough and roll into a large ball.
Chill at for 1 to 2 hours.
May be chilled overnight if covered.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare your baking pans with parchment paper.
In a small bowl mix your sugar coating ingredients.
Roll each of your cookie balls in the sugar coating mixture.
Spread cookies onto 2 lined cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Let cool completely.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie Recipe – Pumpkin meringue pie has all the traditional flavors of pumpkin pie with even more pizzazz! You will find a delicious pumpkin pie filling topped with a luscious meringue.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe – These fantastic and scrumptious pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect for fall weather! Every single bite is utterly delicious and hits the spot when you are craving all things pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Bread with maple icing – This pumpkin bread recipe is an easy pumpkin bread that’s great for sharing…if you can stop yourself from eating the entire loaf yourself!
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake – These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake is one of my favorite bundt cake recipes for fall. It’s both easy and delicious and looks beautiful on any dessert table!
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts – Pumpkin spice season is officially here! If you’re a pumpkin spice lover like me, you absolutely MUST try these pumpkin spice doughnuts!
Looking for a delicious stuffed cookies recipe? Wait until you try this pumpkin cookie recipe. These Pumpkin Spice Cookies are actually a Stuffed Pumpkin Rolo Cookie.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg- room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- About 20 chocolate caramel candies Rolos
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add your pumpkin, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Mix until combined.
- Continue mixing and add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the baking soda, pumpkin pie seasoning, and mix until combined.
- Slowly mix in flour until a smooth dough forms.
- Scrape sides as needed.
- Cover your cookie pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon cookie dough balls onto a cookie sheet. covered with wax or parchment paper.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Sandwich the Rolo between two balls of dough and roll into a large ball.
- Chill at for 1 to 2 hours.
- May be chilled overnight if covered.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare your baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix your sugar coating ingredients.
- Roll each of your cookie balls in the sugar coating mixture.
- Spread cookies onto 2 lined cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: rolo cookies
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂