These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are the most amazing cookies you will ever taste. These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are stuffed with two types of chocolate and crunchy toasted pecans. These one of a kind cookies are amazing.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They are rich, soft and chewy with a crunchy addition of pecans. We love to make cookies because, well, cookies. These have become a household favorite. These cookies are great for cookies at home, at a party or for a bake sale. Everyone is going to love these cookies.
Can I Freeze This Dough?
I love it when I am able to make cookies ahead of time and then have them whenever I want them. There is nothing worse than wanting fresh baed cookies but no having the time to make them. I love to freeze cookie dough because it makes it easy to have cookies whenever I want them. There are 2 ways that I freeze cookie dough. Sometimes I freeze the finished dough. This is just the cookie dough batter that I wrap well in plastic wrap and then put it in a freezer bag. The other way I freeze cookie dough is to scoop the dough into cookie balls. Then I freeze them on a plate of a cookie sheet. Once they have frozen, I put them in a freezer bag. By freezing them first I am able to take a few cookie dough balls out instead of all of them. I can make as few or as many I want.
What’s the Best Chocolate for the Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies?
When I make these cookies, I like to use 2 different types of chocolate. I use melted milk chocolate and I also use semi-sweet chocolate chips. The combination of these two chocolates makes these cookies absolutely decadent.
How Long do These Cookies Last?
When you make these cookies it is important that you store them properly so that they do not get stale and go bad. Once they have cooled store them in an airtight container or in a freezer bag. When the cookies are stored properly, they should last up to a week. If you find the cookies are starting to get stale or want to have more of the fresh-baked taste you can warm them slightly in the microwave. Only heat the cookies for a few seconds or else they will become very hard.
Ingredients for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Old-fashioned oats
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Milk chocolate
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Toasted pecans
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place 1 cup oats in food processor and process until well ground, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter, and brown sugar together, about 1 minute. Add egg, and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add vanilla and melted chocolate and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and remaining 3/4 cup oats, beat to combine. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
Roll 2 ounces (about 2 tablespoons) of dough into balls and space 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake, rotating and switching the position of pans halfway through the baking time, until cookies are cracked and set on top but look moist within cracks, 14 to 18 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Note: This recipe easily doubles. Make sure to cool the baking sheets between batches.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes:
If you love cookies as we do, you are going to want to keep reading. These cookie recipes are so good that you are going to be in cookie heaven.
- Stuffed Chocolate Peppermint Cookies – If you are looking for an amazing chocolate peppermint cookies recipe then you want to save this one. These stuffed chocolate peppermint cookies are delicious and are the perfect holiday cookie idea.
- Root Beer Float White Chocolate Chip Cookies -If you love root beer floats, you have to try these Root Beer Float White Chocolate Chip Cookies! Great for holidays, parties or bake sales, these root beer float cookies are perfection.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are the perfect combination of pumpkin and chocolate. These chewy cookies are perfect anytime you are craving that pumpkin taste.
- Peanut Butter Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies – Looking for a simple and Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe? Oh, this the best snickerdoodle cookies ever. Perfect for the holidays, or whenever you want a soft cookie treat.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 1 cup oats in food processor and process until well ground, about 30 seconds. Transfer to large bowl and stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar together, about 1 minute. Add egg, and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add vanilla and melted chocolate and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and remaining 3/4 cup oats, beat to combine. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Roll 2 ounces (about 2 tablespoons) of dough into balls and space 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake, rotating and switching position of pans halfway through baking time, until cookies are cracked and set on top but look moist within cracks, 14 to 18 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe easily doubles. Make sure to cool the baking sheets between batches.
Check Out These Pumpkin Lovers Recipes:
Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts – Pumpkin donuts are easy to make for breakfast!
Easy Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole – This pumpkin breakfast recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser
Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcake – There is nothing better on a chilly day than enjoying some pumpkin cupcakes.
Easy Pumpkin Bread – This is the best bread ever!
Pumpkin Apple Instant Pot Cake Recipe – Made in the Instant Pot for a fast and easy dessert.