Perfect for Christmas Yule Log Chocolate Roll Cake Recipe
Is this a Swiss Roll Cake
Can I Make this Chocolate Roll Cake and Freeze it For Later?
Making a cake and freezing it for later is a great idea. It is important to freeze it right away to keep so that it does not have a chance to dry out. It is easy to freeze the cake. If you are making this cake with the intention to freeze it, you can make the cake and then as soon as it is rolled, you can wrap it well with plastic wrap. The cake will be too long to put inside of a single freezer bag. You can put two freezer bags, one on each side, and then tape or wrap with plastic. When you thaw the cake later, you can make the frosting and frost the cake then. Another option is the frost the cake and then freeze it. This also works if you have cake that will go bad before it is all eaten. After the cake has been frosted, but it on a freezer safe plate or cookie sheet and put it in the freezer. The idea is to let the frosting freeze be wrapping it in plastic. Once frozen, wrap it in plastic or in freezer bags and then you can store it in the freezer. When you are ready to thaw the cake, remove the covering first so that it does not stick to the wrapper.
Variations of the roll cake recipe
Ther are many ways to change this roll cake recipe. You can make any flavor of cake that you like, and you can flavor the filling any way you like. Adding extracts to the filling will create different flavors with the same ingredients. As for the cake, you can use any cake mix you like. You can also change the flavor of the outer icing. Then decorate. Why not add sprinkles or other fun decorations to the cake. With this simple recipe, you can create many different types of roll cakes.
Ingredients for the yule log cake
For the Cake:
- Almond flour
- Psyllium husk powder
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- unsalted butter
- Sour cream
- Coconut milk
- Cream cheese
- Liquid Stevia
How to make a chocolate roll cake recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place all of the dry ingredients for the cake into a mixing bowl, and combine well.
Add the wet ingredients for the cake into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy.
Spread the cake batter out thinly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked completely through.
Let the cake cool completely.
Mix together all of the ingredients for the filling until smooth and creamy.
Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the filling out in an even layer over the surface.
Using the parchment paper, slowly lift and roll the cake until it forms a log shape.
Place into the freezer to set for a few minutes.
Slice off a piece from each end to create a cleaner look.
Top with your favorite keto-friendly icing and serve.
More Cake Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe – This is the BEST pumpkin spice coffee cake recipe. It is perfect for the fall weather, and this cake will taste like heaven. Every bite has an intense pumpkin flavor.
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake – This easy to make coffee cake to make and it is moist and delicious. This lemon blueberry dessert is so good, you’ll be drooling when you just smell it.
- Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe – Wait until you try this Instant Pot Apple Cake! It will knock your socks off. With just the right amount of cinnamon, this is the perfect apple dessert
- Strawberry Pound Cake – If you love pound cake and strawberries, you are going to love this rich buttery cake. Topped with strawberries, this is the best strawberry pound cake ever.
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Cake – With only a handful of ingredients, this is a very simple cake, that tastes simply amazing.
For the Cake:
- 1 c Almond flour
- ¼ c Psyllium husk powder
- ¼ c Cocoa powder
- ¼ c Erythritol
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Melted unsalted butter
- ¼ c Sour cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ c Coconut milk
For the Filling:
- 8 tbsp Butter softened
- 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- ¼ tsp Liquid Stevia
- ¼ c. Erythritol
- ¼ c. Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all of the dry ingredients for the cake into a mixing bowl, and combine well.
- Add the wet ingredients for the cake into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cake batter out thinly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked completely through.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the filling until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the filling out in an even layer over the surface.
- Using the parchment paper, slowly lift and roll the cake until it forms a log shape.
- Place into the freezer to set for a few minutes.
- Slice off a piece from each end to create a cleaner look.
- Top with your favorite keto-friendly icing and serve.
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂