Best Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Love Chicken Alfredo? Want to make it at home? You have to try this Crockpot Chicken Alfredo! So easy to make, you can have your favorite alfredo whenever the craving hits.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Try the Best Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Recipe
I love chicken alfredo, but I don’t have time to make it as often as I want it. That is when I started using my slow cooker to make a simple chicken alfredo recipe. Crockpot Chicken Alfredo is the easiest and tastiest way to make Chicken Alfredo.
What to Serve with Chicken Alfredo Penne
What I love most about using my crockpot is that it is the easiest way to make dinner. I can dump everything in and forget it. Whenever I make a dinner this easy, it is usually because I am short on time that day. So if I am going to make a simple dinner, I want a simple dessert too. That is why these no bake desserts are some of my favorite pies to make.
- No Bake Oreo Pie with Chocolate Ganache Recipe – This one of the best no bake desserts. Oreo pie is out of this world. It is sweet, creamy and decadent, this the best dessert to end any meal. Oreos are a delcious treat and when you make it into a pie, everyone will love it.
- Easy Millionaire Pie Recipe – This no fuss recipe is fresh, light and simply amazing. Millionaire pie is exactly what you need in your life. All of the flavors compliment each other perfectly for this simply amazing dessert.
- Pina Colada Pie Recipe – Pineapple and coconut come together in no bake pie to make the most amazing dessert. Toasted coconut with a graham cracker crust and filled with a creamy pie filling that is coconut, pineapple, pecans, and maraschino cherries.
Other Dessert Ideas
- Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake – This Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake is a sweet but tart cake with delicious cherry frosting and a splash of Dr. Pepper flavor. It’s a hit with kids and adults alike and, bonus; it’s so easy to make!
- White Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cupcakes – With these white chocolate coconut pecan cupcakes, you get a whole lot of flavor in one little cupcake wrapper. You’ve definitely never had cupcakes like these before! I can never have enough of these coconut and white chocolate cupcakes.
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies – What’s a better dessert – cheesecake or brownies? With these easy Cherry Cheesecake Brownies, you don’t have to choose! Cherry brownies are a tasty twist on a classic brownie.
Do the Noodles Get Cooked in Chicken Alfredo Penne
In many recipes that are cooked in the slow cooker, the pasta needs to be cooked beforehand. While this is ok, it does take away some of the ease of using the crockpot. With this chicken alfredo penne, I add the uncooked pasta about 30 minutes before it is time to serve. When it is cooked on high, the noodles cook perfectly, in the sauce with creates the best tasting easy chicken alfredo.
How to Store Simple Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Once you have made this chicken alfredo recipe, you will want to let it cool before you store it. There are several ways that you can store the chicken alfredo. The leftovers can be stored in the crockpot with the lid, in an airtight container or in freezer bags. Keep the chicken alfredo in the refrigerator.
How Long Does Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Last
When you store the chicken alfredo properly, it will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If it left out a room temperature or not stored properly, it will spoil faster. If you will not finish the recipe before it spoils, it can be frozen for up to 3 months. When thawing the alfredo, you will want to thaw it in the refrigerator.
How to Reheat Chicken Alfredo Penne
When you are ready to reheat the leftovers, you can reheat it in the microwave if it is a smaller portion or reheat the entire amount of leftovers in a pot on the stovetop. If you want to reheat the leftovers slowly, you can reheat it in the slow cooker on low for about an hour and a half. Check the penne pasta to make sure it is not being overcooked.
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- olive oil
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- heavy cream
- chicken broth
- uncooked penne pasta
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
How to Make Alfredo Pasta
In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Season both sides and place chicken in saucepan.
Sear quickly on both sides.
Spray the slow cooker with a non-stick spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
In the Crock-Pot, add the heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add the seared chicken breasts and cover. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
Remove the chicken and slice.
In your Crock-Pot, add in 1 cup of hot water and the pasta. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
Once the pasta is cooked, add back the sliced or shredded chicken and parmesan cheese. Top with a bit of salt and pepper and serve!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Best Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup hot water
- 8 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Season both sides and place chicken in saucepan.
- Sear quickly on both sides.
- Spray the slow cooker with a non-stick spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
- In the Crock-Pot, add the heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the seared chicken breasts and cover. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the chicken and slice.
- In your Crock-Pot, add in 1 cup of hot water and the pasta. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add back the sliced or shredded chicken and parmesan cheese. Top with a bit of salt and pepper and serve!
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Instant Pot Detox Fat Flush Soup – Looking for the best tasting fat flush soup? This soup is not only tasty it is a great soup cleanse.
Instant Pot Chicken and Gnocchi soup – This creamy delicious soup is a must-try for anyone who loves Olive Garden chicken and gnocchi soup.
Best Instant Pot Cabbage Soup – It is the best beef cabbage soup recipe you can find.
Cooking Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot – It is easy to to make dinner fast when Cooking Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot. Learn how.