Looking for an Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe? This recipe for crack chicken is so good and so easy to make. Whether you use this as a dinner recipe, sandwich filling or as a party dip, one bite of crack chicken and you will be hooked.
The first time I saw a crack chicken recipe posted online, I went “…what exactly is crack chicken?!” It sounded a little less than appealing but once I tasted it, I completely understood.
What is Crack Chicken Recipe
This Instant Pot Crack Chicken is an absolutely addicting, cheesy sandwich filling, salad topping or party dip. It’s one recipe you’ll want to make again and again. Crack chicken is a chicken recipe that is so good you simply can’t resist it. One bite and you will eat more and more. Served as a dip, sandwich filling or over a salad, this is a keto chicken recipe with bacon, ranch dip with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon. It is so good it is addicting. With this version of Instant Pot Crack Chicken recipe, it is made in under 20 minutes.
What to Serve with Crack Dip Recipe
While this Instant Pot Crack Dip Recipe was originally meant to be served as a dip at parties – and it’s ALWAYS a hit, whether I’m serving it with crackers, pretzels or veggies – there are so many other ways to use it too. This is a multi-use recipe. I love using crack chicken dip as a filling for keto chicken bacon ranch wraps and just place a few spoonfuls in a lettuce leaf for a quick lunch. I have also added it to a bed of lettuce and added a few other veggies to make a keto chicken bacon ranch salad. You could also serve it as the main course with some veggies for a meal or, if you’re not keto, add it to a wrap or sandwich. I haven’t tried it yet but I bet it would be great as a pizza topping too.
Since the Crack Dip Recipe is great as an appetizer, here are more delicious appetizers you can serve as well.
Variations to Instant Pot Crack Chicken
While this is a classic recipe for crack chicken you can find ways to change it up,
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can also make this in the oven or in a slow cooker
- Want to make it a lighter version? While this is known for being a keto-friendly dish, if you are serving it for others who might be watching their calories and fat rather than their carbs, consider using fat-free cream cheese, light bacon like center cut or use turkey bacon, and fat-free or low-fat cheddar cheese.
- If you do not have ranch seasoning, you can use pre-made ranch dressing just watch the amount that you use. Otherwise, it can turn the mixture soupy rather than as a dip consistency.
Tips for Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
When you make this crack chicken you will be shredding the chicken after you have cooked it. The best way to make shredded chicken for any recipe is by using the Instant Pot. The Instant Pot makes the chicken so tender than it is easy to shred. You can shred the chicken with a fork. If you are shredding a large amount of chicken, consider using the paddle attachment on a stand mixer. The paddle attachment will shred the chicken fast and effortlessly.
Is this one of those Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Recipes
Another thing that makes the Instant Pot perfect for making this Crack Chicken Dip is that it can be made using frozen chicken. With the Instant Pot, you can take the chicken straight from the freezer without worrying about getting it dethawed before using. The pressure cooker will not only thaw the chicken during the pressure cooking process, but it will also still cook the chicken to perfections. While cooking frozen chicken in the oven can make it chewy, this is not the case when you cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot.
Ingredients in Crack Chicken Recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Ranch dressing seasoning packet
- Cheddar cheese
- cooked bacon
- green onions
How To Make Instant Pot Crack Chicken Dip
Place the chicken breasts in a single layer on the bottom of your Instant Pot.
Add water over chicken breast.
Add ranch seasoning pack.
Add cream cheese. Close Instant Pot and cook for 15 minutes on manual.
Remove chicken from Instant Pot to shred then return to Instant Pot.
Mix ingredients until well blended and then add shredded cheese on top.
Once cheese is melted, top with cooked bacon and green onions for garnish. Serve warm.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 Ranch dressing seasoning packet
- ½ c. Water
- 1 c. Cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 Slices of cooked bacon
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the ½ cup of water.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning packet over the chicken.
- Lay the brick of cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Close the Instant Pot and set it to manual for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release of the pressure, remove the chicken, and shred it well.
- Return the chicken to the Instant Pot, set it on low, and mix the ingredients until well blended and the sauce is smooth.
- Sprinkle the cheese onto the top of the shredded chicken mixture, and wait until it is melted.
- Top with crumbled cooked bacon, and freshly chopped green onions for garnish.
Want More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes?
Try these great tasting Instant Pot Chicken recipes.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is the easiest, most flavorful chicken noodle soup you’ll ever make! With this chicken noodle soup Instant Pot recipe, there’s no need to wait hours for a savory soup. It’s literally ready in minutes!
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – These succulent Instant Pot garlic parmesan chicken wings are finger-licking good! Juicy, tender garlic parmesan wings are super easy to make too!
Instant Pot Mississippi Ranch Chicken – Instant Pot Mississippi Ranch Chicken is tender, juicy and so full of flavor! It’s the best 10-minute dinner you’ll ever make! Mississippi Chicken will win over anyone after one bite.