Easy Monkey Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Who doesn’t love gooey, cheesy, pull-apart monkey bread? Monkey Bread is a delicious treat that is easy to make and will satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. It’s the perfect dessert to make for a family gathering or holiday party. This sweet and sticky treat is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also surprisingly easy to make. You only need a few simple ingredients and a few minutes to whip up this classic treat.
If you’re looking for a sweet and easy dessert, you should definitely give Monkey Bread a try!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why Do They Call it Monkey Bread?
Monkey bread got its name from picking and pulling apart the pieces of bread, similar to how a monkey picks at things to eat. It’s been called money bread since the 1940s.
Why do I love Easy Monkey Bread?
- Monkey Bread is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that is sure to please everyone.
- It is made with simple ingredients, including refrigerated biscuit dough, sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- It is a sweet, sticky, and gooey dessert that everyone will love.
- You can top it with your favorite frosting or glaze for an extra sweet treat.
- Monkey Bread is perfect for any occasion, from breakfast and brunch to dessert.
Easy Monkey Bread Tips:
Make sure to use refrigerated biscuit dough for the best results.
- Grease your pan or bundt pan with cooking spray or butter to help the monkey bread come out of the pan easily.
- You can use different types of sugar, such as brown sugar, to give the monkey bread a unique flavor.
- If you want a spicier flavor, add a pinch of ground cinnamon to the sugar mixture.
- Let the monkey bread cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Pillsbury Biscuits
- Butter (Melted)
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
How to make Easy Monkey Bread:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350º F / 175º C. In a medium bowl, add melted butter then mix with brown sugar.
Step 2. In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and granulated sugar.
Step 3. Cut into fourths of each of the pre-sliced biscuits and coat each one with the sugar mixture.
Step 4. Place the biscuit pieces into a bundt pan. Don’t fill the mold with dough.
Step 5. Drizzle the butter and brown sugar mixture over the top of the biscuits. It will run throughout the dough.
Step 6. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Step 7. Take the mold out of the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
Step 8. Flip upside down onto a plate and enjoy!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Easy Monkey Bread
- 4 cans Pillsbury Biscuits
- 1/2 cup Butter, Melted
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 350º F / 175º C. In a medium bowl, add melted butter then mix with brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Cut into fourths each of the pre-sliced biscuits and coat each one with the sugar
- Place the biscuit pieces into a bundt pan. Don’t fill the mold
- Drizzle the butter and brown sugar mixture over the top of the biscuits. It will run
throughout the dough.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Take the mold out of the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Flip upside down onto a plate and enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Easy Monkey Bread Variations
- Add fresh fruit, such as blueberries, raspberries, or diced apples, to the monkey bread.
- Try using different types of biscuit dough, such as buttermilk, garlic, or cheese.
- Add a layer of cream cheese frosting or a sprinkle of nuts to the top of the monkey bread.
- Top the monkey bread with a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce.
- Substitute the sugar with a mixture of brown sugar, granulated sugar, and/or cinnamon sugar.
What is Cinnamon Pull Apart?
It’s a sweet bread that has a cinnamon sugar coating that easily pulls apart. Even though it’s super messy, you can eat pull-part bread with your fingers!
Can I use any brand of biscuits?
Yep! We usually use Pillsbury biscuits, but there are all sorts of brands out there. Even your local store brand will work.
Can it be prepared the night before?
This monkey bread recipe tends to turn out better when you make it and cook it right away. If you need to prepare it ahead of time, wrap it in tin foil and place it in the refrigerator until ready to cook. Don’t let it sit longer than a few hours, so the biscuits don’t become soggy.
How Can You Tell When It’s Done?
The biscuits will be puffy and no longer doughy. Put a long wooden skewer into one of the biscuits from the center to see if it’s done. If it comes out clean, it’s done. The edges will also start slightly pulling away from the pan’s edges.
What Kind Of Pan Is Best?
We recommend using a bundt pan. Not only will it add to the presentation, but it bakes evenly too. You could also use a loaf pan or cake pan, but you’ll have to keep a close watch on it as it bakes because the baking time will be off.
Can You Double The Recipe?
Yes! You’ll need to use multiple pans if you double the recipe, or you will risk the top and edges getting done way sooner than the center.
How long does monkey bread last?
You can store monkey bread at room temperature, and it will last 2-3 days. It should be kept in an airtight container for the best results.
Can I Freeze It?
Yep! You should wrap the monkey bread up tightly, then place it inside another freezer-safe container. It will last in the freezer for 2–3 months. Thaw before serving.
When to Serve Monkey Bread
It’s an excellent choice for breakfast on any day of the week. But it’s also great for special occasions and holidays. If you are serving brunch, consider serving this monkey bread too.
MORE BRUNCH RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Healthy Breakfast Bake – It’s good to serve sweet and savory dishes for brunch!
Cinnamon French Toast Bubble Up – So good and the perfect sweet treat.
Favorite Banana Bread – The name says it all!
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole – Easy and super delicious too.